Lets ride, call me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mantaman, Jan 1, 2007.

1. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    Hello everyone, Happy New Year!
    I'm looking for more riding friends, I can ride most mornings 6am to 8am in the IE!, maybe also Fullerton, Claremont, etc.
    I'm just getting back into it after my wife having our 2nd and last kid, (slow but eager) also my wife rides and we would like to go with other beginners (for the 2nd time) or slow riders. Please e-mail or call [email protected] or my cell 909-223-2007

Jim

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Hey Jim,
    Welcome to the site. I'm also from the IE (Fontucky) and we ride Marshall & Bonelli on a regular basis. Most rides posted for these areas tend to be on the slow side, but there are a few climbs that enable us to get a workout. In fact most the rides posted here tend to have a fast group and a slower group, feel free to jump in on any of the rides as long as they don't state it's going to be a hammerfest or an all day ride you'll be welcomed on any of these rides. Where are you from?

3. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Pain, thanks for getting back to me, I live in Highland, but used to live in Claremont, so I know Marshall & Bonnelli real well. I havn't been to Marshall or Bonnelli in a long time. Please forgive me for the dumb question, but where do you look for ride info? What time can you get out to ride. I also want to get back into night riding.

Jim

4. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Hi Jim and welcome to STR! Keep an eye out in the trailhead forum. There's where rides are usually organized and posted. Feel free to post your own rides also. :)

5. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

welcome aboard jim! i would join you in on a ride in the IE, but i haven't been granted my 909 license

6. NumbCheck

NumbCheck New Member

Teacher
    We're in!!

Hi Jim,

My wife and I are also just getting back into mountain biking. We ride the Claremont loop and Marshal Canyon but don't know many other rides. We are very interested in riding and we are also slow. Anyone else we look forward to hearing from you as well, hope to make a few friends, and find a few new rides. We are going skiing to Mammoth from the 2nd to the 5th , but we will be around after that. I can be reached at [email protected] or at 909-357-1350.
    Looking forward to riding,

Chad and Cindy Nemecek

7. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Hey WELCOME ...look forward to riding with you both. :)
    I often do that loop and down into Marshall weekday afternoons. Been off a few weeks and won't be back riding myself till after the 7th so starting out slow. Bonelli is close for a quick ride. Join me if you're available?

8. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    Welcome

9. mrtawney

mrtawney New Member

High School Digital Film Teacher
    Home Page:
    I'm in. I really want to try Bonelli Park. Heard a lot about it but haven't tried it. I'm slow as well- so I think I'll fit in-
    Rock on

10. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    Come on out to Hulda Crooks Park, in Loma Linda, Lots!!! of good riding, something for everyone, medium climbs, roller coaster whoops some singletrack, lots of fun. Hard as you want it to be. I'll go at your pace, if I can keep up. Early mornings 6am to 8am. Or Sat morning when ever. Call me 909-233-2007.....Jim

11. mrtawney

mrtawney New Member

High School Digital Film Teacher
    Home Page:
    Jim-
    Early morning on Saturdays work well with me- A two-year old really adjusts the schedule. I live in Summit Heights and have a "My-Gym" class on Saturdays at 10- So I like to ride and be home in time for the class- So 6ish on Saturdays rock-
    Also- i'm on vacation all week- If my son and wife every get healthy- I may be up for some early morning riding this week-

12. mantaman

mantaman New Member

Sales
    Hey Mantaman here, I just posted a ride for Sat 1/6/07 at 6:30 am at Hulda Crooks Park in Loma Linda. All that said they wanted to go that early, it's time to pony up. Yes it will be cold, but you will have a good story to tell. Nobody gets left behind, all are welcome. Call me 909-748-0004 till 10:30 pm tonight!

Jim