Lee McCormack - Clinic in Fontana

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by CC, Sep 28, 2006.

1. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    I didn't see this posted on any other thread so I though I would give the Incycle Team some props for attending one of Lee McCormack's California Madness Clincs. Check out the pix below. I'm sure you will recognize some of participants. Like Jason, Joe, Chris, Frank and Scott.

Great job Guys...now put those mad skills to work. Oh yah, and share your new found knowledge with the rest of us. :bang:

California clinic madness

[​IMG]
    While I was in California I got to work/ride with 16 mountain bikers in three groups. Everyone had different experiences and goals, but they all shared the same stoke.....

The InCycle race team

I got to know the team manager, Jason Simpson, at the 2004 Masters Downhill Worlds. He’s a good man, and he organized two sessions for his lucky team members. We rode at Southridge Park in Fontana.
    [SIZE=-1]
    [​IMG]

Group 1: Frank, Chris, Scott and Jose [​IMG]

Frank feels out an entirely new cornering technique. [​IMG]

Chris dials it on pavement … [​IMG]

… then nails it on dirt. This is part of the Fontana NORBA National 4X course. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]
    [​IMG]

You rip out of the berm, switch sides, line up wide, nail the flat turn, suck up a rise then pump a long drop. It’s tricky — and Scott rocks it. [​IMG]

Joe explores maximal braking madness. Note that his fork isn’t diving — his entire bike is settling into the ground. Perfect. [​IMG]

What time it it? Slalom time! [​IMG]

Hiking up the 4X course. Not many race courses have graffiti. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]
    [​IMG]

Jason wrangles this tricky turn. He’s already fast — the other Vet Experts better watch out! [/SIZE]

You can check out more about Lee McCormack's and his clinics at www.leelikesbikes.com

:read: Professionally speaking of course.

2. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    YOU! my dear cathy are a computer genius,not to mention dam pretty......that was hooky day from werk,thanks for the paid day off....jason.wink wink nod nod.....getting paid to ride my bike,i feel like a pro.im gettin steal braided brake lines now!

3. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Thanks for posting this Cathy, I can't wait to use what Lee refers to as my 'kung fu' at the next race.

4. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

Thanks for posting the pics Cathy. I agree with dirty 100%.