Downhill Leatt Harness Alternative

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by ShoopCal, May 3, 2010.

1. surlygal

surlygal Bad Girl of DH

Accountant
    I don't wear the straps either, it sits fine and doesn't move around. I used to wear the brace with my CoreSaver (you can remove a couple of the back pieces in order to have the Leatt fit better but...the Leatt would sit too high in the front due to my boobs (lol ~ yes I said boobs but it's the truth) it was very uncomfortable and it didn't sit on my sholders like it is supposed to. I've picked the lesser of 2 evils and choose the Leatt over the CoreSaver. I wear it with elbow and knee pads. I also wear a DOT helmet.

The feedback i've been given (from a protective wear company) when wearing armor and the Leatt, the Leatt does need to be able to move a bit, if it's sitting inside armor and has zero room to move upon impact then it won't do the job it was designed to do correctly.

2. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Maybe you should tell those people they need to make full armor that has the removable spine peices for leatt fo those who want more then just the core saver.;):lol:

3. ShoopCal

ShoopCal New Member

thanks for all the input guys, and girls with boobs..

i did try and ride with no strap and it seemed to ride up until it bumped my helmet.. felt horrible.. but thats probably got a lot to do with me using it for the first time and feeling a lot of claustrophobia... i did 1 shuttle and then left it in the car the rest of the time..

im going riding again today and im gonna ride with no strap again and see if it still rides up on me...

i went out and bought some elastic to make my own cross harness. im gonna throw that together and see if it works better. im just gonna make two loops and criss cross them across my chest, hook them to the wings that come out on the shoulders.. in theory it seems like it will work and if it works right ill be able to keep it under the jersey and just pull the straps out of the neck of the jersey..

cheers and thanks again for all the input and advice..

4. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

5. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    if it's moving up on you, it might have to do with the sizing. Have tried any of the other supplied "spacer" pieces?

6. MikeLord

MikeLord Lost in LA

eCommerce/Technical Consultant
    Home Page:
    my buddy wears a flak jacket, leatt and a jersey. he made his own straps. seems to work fine and no problem with the leatt going up. I'll take pictures of it this weekend and post it on here so you can see. he just went to joanns and bought some of the stretchy stuff and sewed it himself. its like a kris kros thing. someone has to help him put it on but it seems to hold the leatt down pretty good and not get in the way.

I think the new leatt that is mtb specific is worth getting considering alot of the little issues people seem to have. we'll see when it is released how much of a difference it makes.

I will get one but I'm gonna wait till that one comes out. I think it's called the GBX or something. I also saw it in decline. any idea when its suppose to hit the public??