Latinos carry your passport in Arizona....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by osmarandsara, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Because documents are easy to forge. Todays police on the street can't tell the difference let alone a employer. Whenever the topic of a new national identity card comes up we hear the same complaints about racism and police state. Right or wrong way to address the problem at least Arizona is stepping up and tying.

Dean

2. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    Doesn't matter anyways.

The law will be struck down as unconstitutional.

3. ezzyride

ezzyride New Member

Research
    My relatives are Fed Agents in Arizona and we are hispanic.:?: I watch the Spanish news with my father guess that makes me ignorant. Honestly the Spanish news does not exagerrate anymore than the English news channel. Regardless of the fact I work in medical research and do my own research. I would be considered ignorant with the slew of other hispanics that choose to watch the Spanish news station. Wow!

Also last time I checked we were all American Citizens and I don't agree with this law. Not sure where the only hispanics with illegal immigrant family would disagree with this law came from.

I'll have to get my passport as I travel to Arizona often to visit my familia in Nogales Arizona. True Americans that put their lives on the line for this country.

Amazing!!!

4. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    Obama's next step is "immigration reform" which will legalize the illegals. Voila, they are then eligible for free medical care courtesy of the treasury/printing press.

5. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    Wages aren't set by magic. Wages are low because there is cheap labor. Take away cheap labor and some industries would be forced to invest in automation - net benefit to the economy.

Think about the apartment vacancies if millions left the country. Now imagine the change in rents.

6. hunterp101

hunterp101 Member

Nerd
    It's not that hard. That's what E-Verify is for. It's proven to be extremely successful we just need to force people to use it. Right now it's a volunteer program. How many corporations that hire illegal workers are going to volunteer to join a program that will bust them?

We have a national ID already, it's called a passport. Require everyone to have one just like a social security card and the problem is solved.

7. Scott V

Scott V Member

If I remember correct you are a public school teacher in the city of Santa Ana. I recently heard a statistic that said 90% of the kids in the school district were on state subsidized lunches and sent home with food on the weekends. Where is this money coming from? Is this correct?

Class room size is a huge problem and the districts can't afford to pay teachers and are making class sizes bigger. Now what happens when the classes are reduced because people who are here ILLEGALLY are sent back. Our kids get the education they deserve and we can afford our teachers. I'm all for what Arizona is doing and hope more states follow suit.

8. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    Trust me I am very aware and NOT happy about pretty much anything Obama has done and wants to do.....:mad:

9. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    1. reagan gave amnesty, which just encouraged more people to come here.

2. bush started the latest talks of reform and initially pushed for a "road to citizenship".

3. i teach in south l.a.--2/3's hispanic, 1/3 black, almost all on free lunch. i guess you would send all of them "home" (they're all citizens by the way).

4. how exactly WOULD you send 12 million people "back"? maybe we should just let them stay, but make them wear scarlet letters.

10. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    52 at a time on a bus?:?::?::lol::lol: sorry I couldn't resist

I'm not against the immigrants who come over and contribute by learning the language and customs of the country and have legal work visa's and contribute to society even become citizens....it's the ones who come here and pop out kids to make it harder for them to be kicked out if caught....work under the table jobs and send their money back home only to fund more family members to come across to the "promise land" and don't contribute to society or pay taxes....

oh BTW of those 2/3 hispanics who you say are citizens....how many have 1 or both parents who aren't here legally and are only "citizens" b/c their parents had them here after sneaking across or were infants that were "claimed" to been born here?

11. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    ^^ regardless, they're legal. and that's been the law since 1965. if you're not willing to respect the laws of this country, then...maybe we should take a closer look at your papers. :lol:

EDIT: i have no idea about the status of their parents. nobody checks...yet. i suppose in arizona they'll start jumping parents outside of schools to check their papers.

12. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    Self-deport.

For the O.P.

Eventually we will all carry passports or national ID (for national health care). When anyone flies ID is required, making passports mandatory is just one regulation away.

13. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    Immigration rave. Ready? Go!

Working with Architects, I do meet a lot of textbook illegal immigrants working jobs around here. At first, I was fairly entertained by this. We don't really have a lot of Hispanic people in the North. We have Polish people. And Norwegians. They climb off boats, and there they are. And it's pretty much the same thing there. You go to the ATM machine, and it says press 1 polski, 2 english. "2" for english?? Grumble grumble grumble... and those damn norwegians! "Hey, I got one for ya, Sven and Ollie are in the canoe and Sven says..." It's the same thing no matter where you go. I got stuck in Zurich for a while, and you know what they're pissed about? The Turks coming up & over. ggrrrrr those damn... though they do make great kebaps, yes, those sure are tasty, but damn it, they just come here and take our jobs and our money! Grumble grumble grumble... In Italy, it was those sandy Tunisians ruining everything, in Spain, the Moroccans...

In every country, what I've noticed is, people never chose where to be born. There are a lot of people born in every nice country that don't even like their country, much less contribute anything to it. Then there are motivated, hard-working people born into crappy countries, that risk life and limb and give up everything they have to go bust their ass working lousy jobs, get paid squat and treated like crap to do it, all so that their children can hopefully have a better opportunity than they did. You know what, those are the very sort of people who left their home countries, got on ships and came here to build this nation in the first place, regardless of language barriers and being broke and hated by their neighbors in a foreign land. You know how much courage that takes? That's the ornery independent American spirit, whether it comes out in Kings English or Spanglish or Engrish or Englusch or Creole or Drawl or whatever the hell that is they speak up there in Boston...

Course, there's the right way, to do it. Learn some englaise, ask nicely, make some contacts, wait in line... But if you haven't the means, and you're that motivated, and every day could mean your death, would you be content spending the rest of your life waiting indefinitely in Tijuana or Juarez? Those that would, are. Those that aren't are here.

That's the only plus our dysfunctional immigration system boasts, as far as I'm concerned.

So there you have it. Respect.

14. ilya

ilya New Member

Have some class Manny, and stay out of Arizona, I guess.

15. ManInAShed

ManInAShed New Member

Destroyer of worlds.
    Well good. And it should include a go/no-go for:

Flying
    Driving
    Military
    Organ Donor
    Passing Go
    Insurance
    Social Security
    Medicare
    Pissing me off
    Taxpayer in good standing (F off IRS!)

And eliminate about twenty different identity bureaucracies. Also, should have an opt-out. Don't have one, don't get the bene's. Don't want the Bene's, don't get one. Easy.

Just full of big ideas tonight. Really putting off this project as long as possible.

16. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    But you really didn't answer my question....how many of those students have illegal parents based on no citizenship or work visa and came here illegally? just curious:?:

I respect the laws of OUR country....doesn't mean that I have to like them....or think they are wrong and want them changed....that is why I vote

Good luck...my family has been in the states since pre 1870's we lose track any earlier then that.....

17. SKINNY

SKINNY Lube, Ride, Repeat

Home Page:

I commend AZ for doing something.. Illegal immigration is.. well, ILLEGAL and if there are laws they should be enforced.. PERIOD...

I'm sure there will be many supportive US Citizens excited to visit and spend their dollars in AZ just like I intend to do.

18. Jayman

Jayman Member

Sorry, but this kind of reminded me of that scene from Born in East LA.

[youtube]6-5UMCMR1MY[/youtube]

19. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    When some people cross the goal line they say "game over".

The local Ventura paper did a story about immigrants. The tone was obviously playing the violin strings of sympathy. They had one old guy who got the Reagan amnesty. He remains a field hand and yes he added to the population. The unintentional irony was he still can't speak English and when asked what he liked about America he said "nice unemployment benefits".

20. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

I didnt read all the posts yet, got through the first page.

I have to stop and ask...I am the only asshole that think illeagal immigration is such a problem that as a country<not state wide.... country wide> we need to take an aggressive stance here????? I mean I live in socal like most of us do, I drive past the hardware stores, see the groups of people waving for work, coming up and just helping you load your truck wanting a tip ETC<not trying to target that group, jus tthe first example that comes to mind>.... There is a car accident with an II and they have no license, no insurance..... yet the officer lets them go<he has to> yet if I as a Legal citizen get into an accident with no license or insurance...I go to jail.....

Why is it that its wrong for our "OFFICERS OF THE LAW" TO BE ASKED TO ENFORCE A LAW, I just dont get that......

Here is something I feel I get harrassed for and I think it total BULLSHITtwo actually I am going to list.

DUI Checkpoints......... Try and go around and your sure fire going to get pulled over and harrassed.... lok like I do.... your getting harrassed....

How about SMOG checkpoints????? They hear my exhaust...<completly legal> yet I get pulled on to the mobile smog trailer for an underhood, and tialpipe test...

So why is it such an issue that our law enforcement be asked to consider another law???? Why is it at this point that our law enforcement cannot even detain an oilleagal immigrant to be picked up by the proper department??? Why are the laws set more for protecting someone who is in fact breaking the law, vs punishing them???

Now, no offense is meant by this post, and If I have offended anyone, I apologize in advance, those who know me know that I am the furthest thing from racist in anyway whatsoever, but I am def American and love my country. I belive in immigration, thats how my family name and heritage got here in the first place........ But I heavily belive in the existing laws that we have and that they should in fact be enforced.... I belive we dont need new laws, we need to nutt up and enforce whats already there, I belive it IS the jobs of our officers to enforce the law..... thats what we pay them for.

I hear sooo many time...effin illeagals..... they are taking our tax money..... they are the cause of higher medical for us...... the illeagals are such a drain on california econ...... the list goes on, I hear this from everyone.... Bottom line is..... its all correct, I know its scary.. but its true. With no social, they are not paying into our states econ, and as our laws sit now.... noone is turned away from medical needs at a hospital, and a hospital cannot ask for proof of citizenship.......Fine, Im ok with that, I dont want the people who are here legally... visiting.... partial citizen to be refused medical either.....But the problem is still there...

So check it, now that I strayed into a tangent........

How about< please again when I say this there is no offense meant, just a realization for what the law already is> a simple way to find the illagal immigrants.... why not an immigration checkpoint setup just like a DUI checkpoint??? Why not an addition to our laws, that your DL will be proof enough of citizenship.... If your here as a student from out of country... the DL you can get will have it listed accordingly.....

BUT, before I would want to see this enacted, I would like to see the people who are currently in the states illeagally, have an ample opportunity to be able to go to a location without fear to do what is needed to become a citizen...... There should be a timeframe for that to happen, and I know itll be a tough thing to do.

Look I know alot of what I jsut posted is effin harsh and prettu rude. Illeagal immigration is a huge economical problem, and it needs a proper solution. Unfortunatly its not going to be a nice solution. If your in the state legally the you have nothing to worry about anyways... be it you were born here, you came from whatever country, if you came legally who cares..... there are already alot of legal ways to come to the US, blatent disreguard for those methods need to be dealt with.

I hope I didnt piss off too many people with my "say it like I see it" attitude...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.