Race Report Knobby Time #3 Series Finals

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by oalmaguer, Jun 30, 2011.

1. oalmaguer

oalmaguer xc.Omar

Sales
    I wanna say thank you to everyone who participated in this new series these past 3 weeks. Racers, volunteers & sponsors. With out all of you, this doesn't happen. Thanks for coming over to shake hands with me and letting me know how much you enjoy these races. This 3rd final race let me know I need to keep going with this. I've submitted a proposal to Bonelli for 3 more races this August. I'm still working the kinks out as I go. Thanks for being patient when it comes to results. As soon as I know I can do 3 more races, I will post here ASAP.
    Cross your fingers & wish me luck.

Hope to see you all in August.

Cheers! :beer:

2. ARGAMA

ARGAMA Member

IT Manager
    Omar,

Congratulation to a great race series at Bonelli! Great job on organizing the race and making sure everybody have a great time out there! Thank you for having me as a sponsor by donating my Nocturn light as the Grand Prize for the rifle. Me and my son had a great time there today. Even though I didn't get to participate in the race but I enjoyed seeing all the racers out there giving their best in the series finale.

Look forward to another great series at Bonelli.

Cheers,

3. ARGAMA

ARGAMA Member

IT Manager
    Some random photos at the finale

Here are some photos that I snapped at the finale...

Attached Files:

4. mr.plow

mr.plow pushit

another fun race! rode till i cramped. looking forward to round 2. thanks omar and organizers!

5. dwlink

dwlink New Member

Count me and my buddy in for August, we rode all three events and had a blast. Thanks Omar!

6. SuperDKim

SuperDKim New Member

Office Mang. MBZ Repair Shop
    Sorry to have missed them but I am in for the next ones Omar!! I heard from team members and friends that it was a lot of fun and you did a great job!! XC bike is now recovered and ready to roll again!

7. 53-12

53-12 by design

Landscape Architecture
    Didn't do any of the races, but I did show up last night for the finale to take some photos (a lot actually) you can see a few of them here, and then click the link for the rest. Seemed like everyone was having a blast. Congrats to the organizers - it sounds like your efforts were appreciated. Look forward to more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. SADJ

SADJ New Member

Hey- I might resemble the guy in the first photo. I guess we all have a twin out there somewhere.

I had a good time last night and I must say that this is/was the perfect venue for a new racer to come out and see what the pain...er...fun, is all about. The first two people I met and talked with yesterday before the race were first-time racers and I was glad to be able to give them a little prep for what to expect and what the course was like. Nice folks indeed! The whole vibe was enjoyable and the Bonelli course, no matter what the layout, doesn't dissapoint. I enjoy racing there. It was fun to rub wheels with some folks on the first lap and get in a killer workout in the heat! I think my heart-rates were higher than they've ever been, but I figured it was a short race so I'd dump it all and see if I could cramp in an hour. Mission accomplished.

Thanks Omar for your efforts! I think this is a great thing for the cycling community and I made a point to offer encouragment to riders out on the course. The funny thing is that I came away more encouraged than I think I could have offered. Following some of the young bucks out there made me smile. Some had some pretty darn good descending skills and could put the power down on the climbs. They get after it for sure and are the future of cycling. I can't wait till my 4 year old son gets old enough to start racing (and then my daughter too a few years later!). I'll be the the beaming dad following them around like I saw other dads doing last night- can't wait!

9. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    Incredible series and excellent finals! Well, my race went perfectly well until I came out back to the main lawn on the last lap. Took a turn way to fast and leaned my bike into it way too much. Bike skid away and my thigh and arms decided to take the next 10-15 feet of the trail on their own. Pretty nasty crash (pics below), but was still able to finish (unfortunately, instead of catching up to the nbr 4 guys the fall allowed pretty much most of the rest of my category to catch and pass me. No bid deal though. The racing was great nonetheless. Just gives me more motivation to train (after I heal) so hopefully I'll be able to do good with the August, September and October races.

As for the series, there are so many folks to thank I don’t know where to start:

1) THANK YOU OMAR!!!!!! Mid week racing is exactly what we need to maintain our sanity!!! Plus the races were excellently organized!! Perfect!!!
    2) Thank you to the course and other volunteers as well as the sponsors. No racing without you folks!!! Loved the Racers and Chasers van!
    3) Thank you to the High School racers who started off in our wave (and kicked our butts). The number of High School racers at Knobby Time was the most impressive thing I have seen in this series. No doubt about it: High School racing is the most progressive thing happening to our sport today! The High School racing league they are now putting together nationally is a guarantee for MTB racing’s future. Give the HS league a couple more years to produce the world’s best mountain bikers!
    4) And thank you to all the other racers! Without all of us racing together we would just be lonely cyclists in a park!

I hope Omar puts together another series in August and I also look forward to the Triple Crown!!!!
    016.jpg 025.jpg 027.jpg

And just so I don't end the post with blood, a pic from the first race for my Armenian friends....
    Knobby time 145.jpg

10. psyclerider

psyclerider Member

Photojournalist
  11. SADJ

SADJ New Member