Just got back from Brian Head

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by jfromlv, Aug 6, 2006.

1. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Well, Brian Head was everything I expected. Got there Thurs. and practiced, felt great, got in 3 runs. Fri. it rained almost all day, went ahead and did 3 practice runs, very ugly runs I might add. Rain stopped around 3 pm, just in time for one practice run for Super D. Super D was a really fun course, but the climbs were going to be difficult at 11,000 feet. I started Super D really slow, saving my energy for the last climb, but ended up flatting about halfway down.:protest: Even with the flat, Super D is really fun, anyone even slightly interested in racing should try a Super D race. Sat. morning had clear blue skies:D , and temps were in the mid 60's, perfect day for some DH racing! I took one practice run that was absolutely perfect, what a difference from the previous day, I decided to not do any more runs, and save my energy for the race. The race run started out good for about the first 45 seconds, that's when I came into a corner way too hot and grabbed too much brake. I came to a complete stop, but at least I didn't go down. I regained my composure, and finished the rest strong. This course had a bit of everything, super fast at the top, to a loose shale rock section, somewhat flat fire road with lots of pedalling, super steep gnarly rock garden with an 8' drop option, and ended with a really tight and twisty woods section. I ended up finishing fourth, and beat my time from last year by 8 seconds. Good times!:bang:

2. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    Nice job, J! Good report. It almost made me want to do DH racing. Almost. Then I remembered who I was and I laughed. Sounds like you're good at it, though, so keep it up. Hope to ride again with you in the near future.

3. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

Nice ride report Jason and good job placing 4th at a Nat! :bang:

I'll have to make it there next year.

4. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    Pix!

Very cool! And way to represent! Where's the pix you've been promising?:protest: If you're still not able to post um here, bring them to Incycle tonight. :?:

5. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    Hey congrats on that 4th place finish man, you rock! Perhaps you should consider going with a tubeless system......a flat during a race would certainly suck. I've heard the Super D races are fun, I'd like to try one out some day.

6. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    nice job! jfromlv,i wish i cooda gone,it would have been nice to have seen it.you and bro joe nice yob holms.