Iron Horse Bikes

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by northshore, Oct 29, 2007.

1. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

i knew this was going to get interesting.

2. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    Just because Dino can't ride his Horse doesn't mean others can't :D

Nothin' but love for ya, man!

:beer:

3. thephat

thephat Active Member

I am a big DW link fan

The IH FSR DH bikes worked pretty well too. The linkage had some maint issues.

Sometimes IH service is spot on. Sometimes there are issues with parts availability.

Even though DW is prob my fav linkage, I coud see choosing another great linkage for reasons like personal fit, service, geo preferances, style etc.

The DW link Iron Horse bikes have a great track record for reliability. There is a significant step up in quality between the overall IH line to the DW line.

4. roadkillross

roadkillross New Member

helen's cycles
    Home Page:
    thats why schools dont accept wikipedia as research, any goon and their brother can add to that information, wether it be true or not

5. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

In my opinion, Iron Horse bikes...

Whatever...

A bike is a bike is a bike is a bike...

6. .8down

.8down Active Member

its the rider not the bike, proven nicely by the picture posted in this thread...:beer: I don't really know Dino, but he seems like a good sport so I'm gonna pile on too.

7. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

So are you sayin that the DW bikes are nice and Dino's bike is a pile?? :lol:

just thought I'd pile on too. :beer:

8. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Yes, Dino is a good sport. In fact, Dino is a very good rider, in spite of what the picture shows. However, his steed just tends to buck him now and then. :lol:

For those who don't know, many of us pick on Iron Horse simply because Dino puts so much effort in over-hyping it. If he wasn't such a good sport, we wouldn't make an issue about IH.

9. .8down

.8down Active Member

Actually I was in the Path the other day and one of the guys there was hyping up IH too. I think its fair to say that if he wasn't a good rider, none of you guys would make fun of him(cruel). didn't he recently help a friend get a Giant? thats ok in my book...

10. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Dino also really stepped up and bought an Intense UZZI VPX, but he hasn't put it together yet.

Yeah, you can't really knock Giants either; they're also good bikes on par with IH.

11. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Thank you "everyone" (i.e. the phat and tkblazer) for supporting IH bicycles. To all my haters (i.e. 96.3% of STR members) you can kiss my...... :lol:

1) I can't help it- I truly believe the DW-Link to be the most "complete" linkage in the world. At the next dirt demo- try one for yourself.

2) For those who are new to STR, the majority of my rantings are for comedic purposes only! While some may be annoyed with me, rest assured, the majority of exchanges are simply playful jabs between "brothers and sisters."

3) I searched verrry long time for a bike. Friends began to question whether I was serious about my purchase. I also had specific "requirements" I was looking for in a bike. Long story short, I swallowed my pride, and I tested one. The rest is history.

4) If I told you how many times THIS YEAR ALONE I went with someone to purchase a bike (or helped to set-up the purchase) you WOULD NOT believe me! While many of the bikes purchased were IH, even more were not!!!!! Do I care? NO!!! Do I want someone to be happy with their purchase? YES!!! With improvements in platform technology, air shocks, and floating brakes, every suspension design is considered pretty good in my book! Fair enough? :confused:

5) The last two bike purchases I assisted with were for a Giant REIGN1 and a Kona Coiler. When "news" got out, (I) was slammed for failing my bike brand rather than being "applauded" for helping someone purchase a bike that best suited their needs. It's all good..... :beer:

6) With regard to the UZZI, imagine (for a second) the internet beating I will receive when I finally decide to build it.... Traitor..... Finally bought a real bike.... What is a sh!tty a$s rider like me doing with a bike like that? I can't win! #-o

7) .8down, I would like to officially welcome you to the "Dino Brown Hater's Club". The executive membership includes Hoosierdaddy, Mechmann, Othrider, Keith B, Schecky, Mcgyver.............

Spookydave Good to have you back on the Hater's list. Was wondering where you have been. :clap:

To my "friends" who chose to look the other way- Thanks for your support!!! :beer:
    [​IMG]

12. Sprockethead

Sprockethead S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. Member

Network Admin
    Uh, no kidding, more like an eternity. I believe the Bible was written faster than your decision.

13. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

Dino Brown, to know you is to ... well that's not sounding right. lol

No hating here. :D

14. northshore

northshore Active Member

It's a gig...
    :lol: Dino cracks me up. I'm willing to bet he either majored or at least took up a minor in creative writing. I'm curious, does his love for IH increase or decrease when it comes to :beer:??

15. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

There is only one thing I love more than Iron Horse Bikes-- That would be a massage from Heather!

Andy (aka Rut's) signature says it all...
    ... If I had to choose between that massage and my Iron Horse I wouldn't be riding my bike tomorrow."
    -Dino Brown

16. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    Don't forget the trail in Mammoth that you like more than Iron Horse also.

17. .8down

.8down Active Member

Dood I love your passion, its inspiring, I think I know where you are coming from as I feel like I'm on a short list of Giant lovers(evil, TK, Hanzo, Dasbrink, and me) . And then a while back I got batted around for asking why Sette is less of a bike then Specialized, ironically Ive owned 3 specs in my short riding career. Keep up the good work Dino Brown, defender of the non boutique bike. This buds for you.
    :beer:

P.S.
    I just like to pile on people its fun. plus you're a Kings fan we get piled on in Duck nation. it happens.

18. andy aka rut

andy aka rut Active Member

I'm not sure how to respond to that... or if I should!

But getting back to Dino and Iron Horse... Dino not only supports IH, he supports all the well engineered bikes and products. He can take a hit (from any of us) and turn his head. Dino is a class act all the way. If you have a problem with him, you have a problem with me! So bring it!!!

OK, ok all in fun~right?!

19. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    :wave:

No less than 5 Giant bicycles at my house right now and I am quite happy with them.

Still, I don't care to get too emotionally wrapped up in any particular brand. I've ridden bikes lots of others rave about and been less than impressed myself. I've ridden some Giants I didn't care for (NRS was definitely NOT my cup tea, but that doesn't they weren't a great bike for someone else). I say, try 'em all and get the one you like.

As for Iron Horse, I have nothing bad to say about them. The truth is, I'd like to try a MkIII.

It's a good time for MTB with so many different choices available to suit so many different tastes.

20. .8down

.8down Active Member

your on the short list now. :)