Invite: Claremont Rides Tues/Thurs Nights

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by alexsuchey, Nov 13, 2009.

1. alexsuchey

alexsuchey New Member

:welcome:
    If you're looking for rides in the Claremont/Upland area Join up to let us know you exist. I'm initiating a constant start time of 5:30pm EVERY TUESDAY and THURSDAY through until Spring at Von's Parking lot on the corner of Mills and Baseline in upland 2 blocks West of the 210/Baseline intersection. 1-2 hour ride. Cut it short or long as you feel you need to. Let's have fun and invite all the off season roadies and MTB'rs we can rally up!

The rides happen every time change over the years, but this year we really would like to see a large turnout during these dark months. So far the response has been awesome. To keep up on news and changes join our ride group on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=182030916488

** Why Von's parking lot? Because at night there are commonly break-in's in the parking up by the trail. Turns out the 1.5 mile ride up Mills serves as a good warmup on the nice smooth road before subjecting yourself to the tricks of the gravel, so it's a great starting point.

Looking forward to seeing all there. Ride safe, but feel free to ride hard if you must! We have worked out the ride to accommodate all levels of training and out turnout ranges from beginner to pro - so it's working out great!

2. emcil

emcil my wife no like me

Spring Maker
    Tuesday and Thursdays we head up Marshall at 4:30 pm. Maybe we hook somewhere at the top. I ride with a different group, not STR but a great bunch of riders. PM me if you NEED to ride.

3. psyclerider

psyclerider Member

Photojournalist
    HAHA Alex! Its me, Stan. Very cool to have you post this here because I was going to. Sorry I missed you guys on Thursday. Had to cook a tri tip for the wife. See you in the morning for the beach ride!