Injury swelling a week after injury????

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by mpmffitz, Mar 7, 2011.

1. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    I reported an injury San Juan had inflicted upon me two Sundays ago, well oddly enough I'm finally swelling at the bottom of the injury.??

Has anyone had this happen before. The swelling does not hurt. I can walk practically normal and move my foot in a circular motion. Radical Rich has been a great help thus far, but I'd like to hear any similar story..

I have an appointment with an Ortho in Corona if my swelling can wait that long. I consumed a 600mg Mortrin for treatment..

Thanks for any follow up!!!

2. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

Cut off the foot. Burn the stump. Suck it up and ride!

3. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

Not sure I understand. There was no swelling after the injury, then two weeks later there was swelling? I fell on my right side and bruised up the side of my hip/upper thigh a month ago and noticed a big egg of fluid on my hip after a couple weeks when I thought I was just getting back to being able to walk normally. Went to the doctor just to be safe and it turned out to be a "pool of blood" (hematoma?) under the skin. Doctor confirmed that my staying active (riding) would help it dissipate and the blood would be reabsorbed over the following few months. It wound up going away within a couple weeks.

Not sure it's the same thing, but hope that helps. Good luck. I'd avoid self prescribing any medicine until you talk to a doctor. I didn't take any asprin or medictation as the pain wasn't bad except when I would walk, for a while, then it was ok. I got back on the bike for a REAL mellow ride (Telegraph Cyn in Chino Hills) the following day and I think that helped me not stiffen up. Went for some real mellow spins a couple of times the following week too; seemed to help.

4. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Jae thanks, this should go to the whiners forum I suppose but the swelling is making my skin burn. I'm pretty sure my lack of rest harmed an already torn muscle. I will ride again, that's for shizzle...

5. bing!

bing! Active Member

Well, I was walking around for 2 weeks with a broken finger and 3 cracked ribs before I saw a doctor. I only went coz the thing wasnt getting any better. Now my finger is all crooked and fugly :(

If it doesnt feel right and doesnt go away in 3 days, best to see a doctor. Tissue scarring from inflammation or untended injuries can leave lasting effects, cosmetic and otherwise.

Or you could rub dirt in it.

6. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

Not at all--I actually regretted not going right away after I got injured. I think it's worth a quick trip to get checked just to be sure. The last 2 times I got hurt, it was really deep bruises in my thigh muscle and wound up doing a search on the internet about symptoms and freaked myself out. Once I went to the doc, he confirmed that I was okay. Next time, I'm going to set the appointment sooner rather than waiting a week or two. Good luck / hope you heal up quick. Take care and heal up / keep riding!