Inguinal Hernia Surgery

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by xxSpokesxx, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Uphill Fanatic

Uphill Fanatic New Member

Scientist (no, really)
    The best piece of advice that I wish I would have had after my surgery but did not receive is to take precautions to not get constipated. Most pain meds can cause constipation and that is a BAD thing after hernia surgery. Straining hurts like a mofo and is not advised after any abdominal surgery. Eat fruits and vegetables or take the over the counter stuff if necessary to avoid betting plugged up.
    I actually found a good surgeon in UCI that did laproscopic hernia surgery which really cut down the healing time. Even lapro hurt like hell the first few days but I was back to skiing after 4 weeks.
    Best luck to you.

2. MikeB

MikeB New Member

You only get one chance to let it heal right the first time. Doc's right about listening; go slow, you'll know. Had mine done a year ago. It went well. Good luck.

3. xxSpokesxx

xxSpokesxx New Member

Video Game Developer
    Thanks guys! I'm going to let my body heal over the next eight weeks then slowly return back to the sport we all love so much. At this point rest and stool softeners are my friend.

4. DanPride

DanPride New Member

I'm Waiting for the New Hernia Repair Technique

I decided to wait for the new technique coming out of Europe.
    After Looking over the options it seems like a no brainer.
    The horror stories out there are legion with the current stuff

The new implant self grips, no stapling on the sensitive inner gut. No "wall to wall" carpeting on the inside of my gut. The testing so far is coming out at 100 percent. No 30 percent chronic pain?

I know its new, but its been out in Europe for a couple of years.

Check it out on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7mvc1TvdY

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/02/prweb3645784.htm

5. Falconer

Falconer Who are you? who who

Falconer/Animal trainer
    Yeppers My Dad had it done, I had it done and my Son when he was a year old had it done.
    We will probably find out down the road toothpaste or something similar causes it.
    It is a very common birth defect these days . So there must be a common cause because it is so widespread.
    Dr knows best so take their advice. They had to cut through major abdominal muscles .
    Those babies are slow to heal .
    I have a friend who went through pure hell because re injured his healing Hernia and it took months to heal .
    8 weeks will fly by so don't sweat it. The trails will still be there once you are all healed up.
    Take care and be well!