"Incycle XC Challenge" at Bonelli Park

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by bobleaming1000, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobleaming1000

bobleaming1000 New Member

This will be the first race of the "Triple Crown", "Mt SAC Fat Tire Classic" will be Sunday November 1st. More information to come on the SC Velo website. Keep these dates open!

XC Mt. Bike Race "Incycle XC Challenge" at Bonelli Park, San Dimas on Saturday October 17,2009.
    For more information, contact Ryan at [email protected] website is www.scvelo.com

2. ohyeah89

ohyeah89 LEARN-IMPROVE-TRAIN

Water Biologist
    In 2 weeks!

So who's going??? Who's planning on racing???

The first race of the Triple Crown Series, the Incycle XC Challenge, will be held in just a couple of weeks (October 17th).

Last year they had super cool trophies (miniture person on a bike carved out of wood) and if you attend all three races of the series (and place well), you get another super cool trophy! I heard this year the trophies for the Incycle XC Challenge will be hand crafted.

So if you want a chance at the overall jersey, be sure to race at Bonelli! Attendence isnt usually as great as the Mt. Sac or Fontana so let's rally and try to get some participation going so they decide to keep this race going.

PERFECT race for first timers! Bonelli isn't technical and the climbs are mostly rolling. If you've ever wondered what it would be like to race, now's your chance!

More info on the scvelo site should be up shortly.

Register Today at scvelo.com!
    STR RSVP Here
    Race Report from 2008

Below is the flyer and this year's course (as posted on the scvelo site). Hope to see a lot of you there, even if it's just to watch!

Attached Files:

3. queenwilhelmina

queenwilhelmina God Save the Queen

Planning on being there!

4. davidB

davidB Active Member

In for this one! will probably be out riding the course starting monday

5. JoJon

JoJon Member

I plan on being there!

6. Byron B

Byron B Born to Ride

Business Finance
    thanks "ohyeah89", you popped some interest, I'll keep it in mind...

7. jbiron

jbiron New Member

Dad
  8. Kritter

Kritter Member

Suspension Design Engineer
    Home Page:
    course looks pretty boring...cant belive they are not using southside of via verde...

9. davidB

davidB Active Member

pretty basic course, but I can't complain, it's pretty spectator friendly too. I find it interesting we'll be climbing the singletrack by the bridge and up the hill by the lake (mile 1.7-2.0) then down the fireroad with some new additions. Should be fun. Can't wait.

10. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    Tara are you racing now???:?:

11. ohyeah89

Water Biologist
    After pre-riding, probably not (that climbing up the singletrack we descended last year was a total HAB for me about 1/2 way through). But there's a new section/descent which is more tech than last year with some (relative) chunk and loose rocks. I'm totally going to be there taking pics! :lol: I'm thinking it might rival the cactus pics from a few years back...

In terms of interesting or boring, it's Bonelli. The new stuff on the last half of the course should mix it up a little. It's definately going to be spectator friendly. I'm excited to go and hang out. If it wasnt for all that HAB for me I'd still be thinking about racing, just don't want to pay the $$$ to walk my bike(shoulda gotten in better shape...).

12. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    Come on Tara just sign up. You have 1 week to train! :lol:

It's pretty fun actually being the "Racer" and all.

If I can do a pre ride of some kind I might sign up just for giggles.

13. Kritter

Kritter Member

Suspension Design Engineer
    Home Page:
    Bonelli being my backyard...there are plenty of cool routes to be fun for the racers and spectator friendly. Looks like a lot of grass racing. Going up treeline is going to be a big cluster F. And if that single track david B is talkign about is what I think it is...thats going to be another cluster F. One slip or somebody stops in front of you and youre hiking. Sounds like a good cross country running race.

PS im not one to just bitch...I have offered to volunteer layout in the past.

14. ohyeah89

Water Biologist

From what I heard... the biggest limitation to choosing the route this year was limiting the amount of road crossings. Road crossings = MANDATORY cop = A LOT MONEY. This race doesn't normally get a huge turn out (although I think they're working on that for next year) and I'm just trying to drum up the attendence if only to spectate and support the racers. For you, it may be your backyard, and you may have raced it and many other races, so yeah it might be boring to you. But the more people that attend, heck, even come out and watch (and might be interested in racing next year) means more resources. And from a non-seasoned racer's perspective, and a non-Bonelli is my backyard perspective, I think it should be interesting. Can a better route be chosen? Perhaps, and especially if more people attend so that money isnt an issue! There's going to be issues with any race course and not everyone is going to like every part of it. I think their main goal is to mix it up from previous years and to keep it spectator friendly. If you have ideas for the course or a layout in mind for next year, try talking to them again, I hear they are really trying to hit the road (*er* dirt? lol) running for next year.

At the very least, it should be interesting to watch =)

15. Sjon

Sjon New Member

Painting Contractor
    I'm there!:bang: Make sure to also sign up on Geoladders.

16. BoingBoing

BoingBoing Team Sisyphus

manual stabilization
    At Southridge, I've found that "run-ups" or HAB's are great places to pass other racers. As soon as most people dismount, they give up and start walking. Even though I hadn't been planning on dismounting, I looked at it as an opportunity to use different muscles for a little bit. I ran fairly fast, did a terrible job of remounting, and still got ahead of a racer or three. It's part of the game. And it can be fun.

17. jbiron

jbiron New Member

Dad
    I haven't done this race before. Does anybody know if they do a mass start or age group waves?

18. r_c311

r_c311 Member

I was planning on doing it again this year (sport). I've done it the last 3 years. But seeing that it's three 4 mile loops, it's probably not worth paying $45 to ride about 1 hour. Seems like over the past few years the sport races have come down to 1 hour races. I think it would be better if the race organizers could try to make the sport group races closer to 2 hours. I'll be watching some college football this time.

19. davidB

davidB Active Member

age groups and classes are split up I believe.

Ideally I'd skip this race (low turnout, short race) and save my money, but it's part of the Triple Crown series, so...

here's the results from last year
    http://www.scvelo.com/member-blog/2008-Incycle-Cross-Country-Challenge-Results.html

I think Sport/Beginner took off at 10am, and the results are listed as what time of the day you finished.

20. BMF

BMF New Member

In!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.