I'm sure I'm gonna get bashed for this!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by jamisjake, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    But, what the heck!

Boy, was I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.
    I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I also have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments. Verify at:http://tinyurl.com/zob77
    2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens. Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html
    3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
    Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html
    4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
    Verify at:
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html
    5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
    Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
    6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
    Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
    7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
    8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the Americantaxpayers.
    Verify at: http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html
    9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
    10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of whitenon-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US .
    Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt..01.html
    11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U.S . from the Southern border..
    Verify at: Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht
    12. The National policy Institute, estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'
    Verify at: http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
    13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.
    Verify at: http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm
    14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States.'
    Verify at: www.drdsk.com/articleshtml
    The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.
    Are we THAT stupid?
    If this doesn't bother you then just delete the message. If, on the other hand, it does raise the hair on the back of your neck,
    I hope you forward it to every legal resident in the country including every elected representative in Washington , D.C . - f ive times a week for as long as it takes to restore some semblance of intelligence in our policies and enforcement thereof.

Just a little something to think about....

2. Lefty Kev

Lefty Kev Exiled Brit

small business owner
    Yeah, it's called the "Illegal Alien Bail-Out Package" 8-[

3. robow8

robow8 Member

My sons fiancee was in an accident with an illegal who had no license, registration, or insurance. His truck was impounded because he had no registration. He works at a place under a false name because he is using a false SS #.

He didn't get arrested or deported. :?:

4. bikeadict

bikeadict bikeaholic

Aerospace Engineer

I say don't complain about a problem unless you propose a solution.

5. art23rockpile

art23rockpile Minus Delta T

Cabinet/Furniture/Door Maker
    The solution is self-evident.

But thanks for sharing! :wave:

6. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    Ehh......if it is that simple and evident.......why isn't it solved?:?::-k

7. art23rockpile

Aha! That is a great question.

It remains unsolved because it involves the US government, where nothing is simple, no matter how evident a solution may be, and logic is ditched in favor of political expediency.

8. ArrrKelly

ArrrKelly New Member

Art the government is trying but they have a lot of people to please. Just send in your money and STFU!

9. art23rockpile

The only thing the gov is trying to do -and succeeding nicely at- is "stimulate" economic collapse.

Stu, i've got something for you:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
  10. ezzyride

ezzyride New Member

Research
    Pointing the finger does nothing. Sounds like you did much research for sure you have a solution. I'd say if it means so much to you do something about it. Get active and do something about what you believe is an injustice.

There are so many people this country who are here illegally. Indian, Mexican, Philipinos, Asian's etc. It's all about survival and better lives. If you think they are inappropriatly spending your hard earned money. Sounds like it's time for you to solve the issue. I also have issues with this but it's not something I would discuss on this board. There's the humanitarian side, the legal issues, and it goes on and on.

Hate is not the solution - I doubt this board will get you anywhere regarding your concern's.

This issue is so big and there are so many issues related to this problem.

Hope it stop's raining soon so you can get a nice bike ride.

By the way I always wanted to go to ESL (English as Second Language Class) they alway came back to class with candy.

Back to my online shopping.;)

11. Ride2live32

Ride2live32 New Member

Custom Fabricator, soon to be cooking chef
    I have to say that we are not being extremely careful! there is ALOT OF illegal immigrants in here. They even work under the table too! when theyre also collecting welfare just because they breed kids in our country!

12. bikeadict

bikeadict bikeaholic

Aerospace Engineer
    I guess what I'm saying is that it is easy to point out problems and blame them on a person or group. What is much harder is finding solutions to problems and explaining / implementing them in a way that doesn't create more problems.

So maybe i just don't see it, but what is the self evident solution?

13. Pickettt

Pickettt New Member

What I'd like to add to this thread is...WOW

14. Reedster

Reedster Active Member

Teacher
    I agree that it's a big issue and that there is no easy solution. And, No, getting rid of all of them is not easy, although that may be one option.

I question many of the sources used above. It seems that a lot of them are from conservative media sources and are very biased. I tried to click on some of the CNN ones, asuming that they would be unbiased, but the link wasn't working.

I'd like to hear more about this, there are many different issues and I think that discussion can help make things more clear for me.

~R

15. art23rockpile

With all due respect to any who read this thread, this topic is a "hot button" issue which causes strong opinions and -in some- emotional responses. In the interest of maintaining harmony on this mountain biking site, i'll say no more about it on the open forum.

My soloution can be summed-up in 20 words or less and is 100% legal. PM me if you want to know it.

16. ezzyride

ezzyride New Member

Research
    in here like in this thread? Or in the United States?
    :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry I couldn't help myself. It's a joke not making fun of you.

See you all on the trails.

17. thephat

thephat Active Member

The solution that you imply is not a just solution in the eyes of myself, and many other Americans.

More importantly, it would cause other problems that would be equally troublesome.

I am pretty sure the biggest problems in this country are caused by the richest smallest minority, and they have ALL of the power. They like it how it is, and that is why it is this way. They benefit from the marginalized work force that can be sent home on a whim. They are not here because the governments hands are tied by humanitarians. They are here because some powerful folks want them here.

The numbers above point to American citizens being taken advantage of by illegal immigrants. The fact is it is a mutually ugy relationship with both sides getting benefits, and horrible penalties (except for the very rich who only benefit).

Do you know how many illegal aliens pay taxes? It is a lot. They still get no property rights, and no security. Yes they milk our system. Yes the system is set up for them to be here illegally. Yes it is a mutually bastardized relationship.

If you really don't want to support illegal immigration, you better never eat out in Socal again. Basically every restaurant in Socal employs only illegal immigrants in the kitchen. The white kids make $50 bucks in a few hours busing tables. The Mexicans in the Kitchen might work 9 hours to take home $50. The kitchen is about 100 degrees all of the time. Having worked in this environment, I can tell you that white folks are going to have to get a lot more disparate before this is a job we are going for. This is just one example.

Some of the best citizens/workers I have known in my life are illegal immigrants. Many of the coolest businesses we all like are supported by a brigade of immigrant labor. There is no other group ready to step in and do this work for this compensation.

This country was founded on immigration. Now we are trying to have our cake and eat it too by letting them be here, but not giving any rights. Send them home, and you will miss them. Furthermore, folks in other borders can still become our problem. Look at how the poverty in other parts of the world can create global instability.

18. art23rockpile

Are you sure that you understand the solution I imply, Tani?

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting deportation.

19. evdog

evdog Member

Actually, if you read the article the $200B comes from both legal and illegal immigrants.

Even so, this is money we save, not money illegal immigration "cost" us. I say that because if it were Americans doing the jobs the immigrants now do, we would have to pay them much more. That would increase the cost of products and services and in turn reduce everyone's standard of living.

It would also increase the cost of any goods we export. We already can barely compete with China and India, so how would this make things better?

This is far too big an issue to solve just by sending illegals home.

20. thephat

thephat Active Member

Sorry, I jumped to conclusions. What am I missing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.