I'm going to jail

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Pain Freak, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ka0t1c07

ka0t1c07 Full Travel

Grease Monkey
    Home Page:
    How about from a bike to a Vehicle? Mike, carry some spark plugs, the ceramic part is guarantee to shatter windows. Driving up close to you is not a funny thing. Bikers gets killed that way.

Tin

2. kyoseki

kyoseki New Member

Apparently I'm an artist of some description
    Depends on how the law is written, I'd imagine that throwing anything at a moving vehicle can be drummed up to all kinds of serious.

Not to mention the fact that you're on a bike and they're in a 4,000+ lb steel cage, there are too many ****ing retards out there with serious passive aggressive tendencies just looking for someone to give them a reason to act out, it's not like they can't turn around and run you down.

Just get their plate and report them, hell, post their plates on here and we can all report them, but don't provoke someone who is obviously a complete juvenile, it's just asking for trouble.

3. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester

In California it is also illegal to throw out of a moving vehicle or at a moving vehicle. If there was intent to cause serious injury to another it is felony. Punishment of a felony means a year or more in jail. A conviction for throwing objects out of a car can lead to fines of up to $1,000 and an order to pick up litter or remove graffiti.

4. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    Going to jail makes you a better criminal.

5. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

Back when I was a serious roadie I would get hassled many days on my way home from work.

I once got a can thrown at me by a guy driving past so I wrote down the license number, gingerly picked up the cas and pedaled over to the local PD and filed a report.
    The officer who took the call was a Detective who happened to ride motorcycles and he got real serious about the whole issue.

Long story short, the owner of the car had vacated their place of residence when they went over to investigate and I couldn't pick his photo out of the lineup.

So, if I were to ride the road again, I would definitely wear a helmet cam at all times. This combined with a cell phone is probably your best tool to document the incident and summon help.

20+ years ago (before cell phones) when I road the backroads of Memphis, I did pack because those rednecks would run you off the road, and then come back to hassle you while you were in the ditch.

6. UR2KLOS

UR2KLOS Senior Member

I can't tell if the original poster is serious about trying this or is just venting a bit.

After your rock hits the truck, which is more likely:
    1. The pickup truck boy suddenly realizes he was wrong and never does this again.
    2. The pickup truck boy runs you over and then either leaves the scene or stays and claim he was defending himself.
    3. The pickup truck boy goes home and the next day he hits the first biker he sees that looks like it might be the guy who threw a rock at him.
    4. You go to jail for causing an accident.

It isn't as immediately satisfying but all you can really do it get the license plate and report it to the police. Instead of practicing your rock throwing maybe you can practice whipping out your camera quickly. If this happens often enough maybe you can ride with a video camera on your helmet?

(Whoops. I didn't see the previous post until after I posted. He said it all better than I did.)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  7. b-40

b-40 Giggity, Giggity, Goo....

helicopter hydraulic flight controls
    two words........NINJA STARS!

seriously why do these friggin ass hats feel the need to bring misery into someone else's life by throwing crap at people? i guess they are so miserable in there own existence they feel the need to screw with other peoples lives to feel better about them selfs, these idiots need physical therapy.........a little "Louisville Lovin" if you get my drift.

about the rocks, once it hits the vehicle, most likely it will ricochet off and disappear into the surroundings and there will be no proof of you throwing anything, "vehicles kick up road debris and rocks everyday, it's an imperfect world"

8. vinceman

vinceman New Member

this got my blood boiling...... the zen is to relax and let karma do its thing or you can report the plate to the police =). Not that they'll surely do anything but at least you've got it on record.

9. Big Guy

Big Guy New Member

Engineer
    years ago, I was commuting to work, when I got to an intersection, a pickup truck came slowly very close to me. I could see the driver look at me in his mirror, I yelled, HEY! just in case he was distracted. He then gets even closer, at that point I had to brake and had 1 foot on the sidewalk and the bike is leaned. Still see the guys eyes in the mirror. I then took my U-lock and blew up the window of his cab. He then drove off real quick. The bully wasn't safe in his truck anymore.

I just don't ride on the road anymore. Between the jerks and people with cell phones or texting, you take your life in your own hands.

10. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    It not just "rednecks" doing that. Sometimes they are kids in a BMW acting like rednecks. In one case it was Sylvester Stallone who intentionally nearly hit me and beeped his Mercedes horn at the same time, all on an empty road. I saluted him (one finger) and we had a discussion. The second car in the caravan was his {huge} bodyguard who pulled him away and told him to get out of there.

11. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    Another reason Gas isn't expensive enough!#-o

12. W4S

W4S New Member

I dont ride road bikes but i do ride a lot of urban on my DJ bike, i totally understand your feelings.

I once let my bike crash into the side of a stupid girls bug when she cut me off at an intersection. She was on her cell phone and never even saw me, cut right in front of me so i jumped off my bike and ghost rode it right into her door. didnt hurt my bike at all but mangled her passenger door pretty good.

13. Big Guy

Big Guy New Member

Engineer
    There are "rednecks" in every countries, every class of the society, every race. . In Ontario (Canada), last week, the former attorney general hit a cyclist. When he tried to leave, the biker jumped on the car, the jerk then drove his car on the sidewalk, tried to get the biker on brushes and trees , he even hit some mailboxes. The biker fell off and was ran over by the car. He died later.
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2009/09/01/toronto-cyclist-collision-death481.html

14. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Suspension tech, propulsion system tech,Space stat
    This is a true story...........When I bought my 1st MTN bike back in 1990 it was the coolest thing ever, I got a ride from my dad to the shop to pay off my layaway and ride it home I was stoked as all hell. Well I made it about 2 miles before some ass throws a whole Big Gulp at me and drills me in the side nearly knocking me off the bike. Best part was my dad was the car right behind them. Needless to say I got to watch some brutal things happen to a couple punks when they realized my dad is not a @$^^# cat, it was so cool.I will never forget that.Thanks POPS.

15. oldschoolpl510

oldschoolpl510 Member

Parts Guy Infiniti
  16. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Should this thread be 'don't ride solo' :?:

Seems safety in numbers is something to be considered, if not at least a witness for court when you can 'road debris'....

17. nervosa

nervosa New Member

Accounts Payable and Purchasing
    It sucks to be the victim, its not cool to thro shit at anyone, however if you retaliate, you are just asking for trouble, hidden in the cab of that "hillbilly" "white trash" as you so racialy put it truck, is a big bat and a gun. They are trying to bait you. Better just get the plate # and call it in, or get beat possibly,go to the hospital, then to jail.

18. DISCO

DISCO Banned

Non-Profit Treasurer, Asset Valutation, Managment,
    Home Page:
    Low rent Zip code

I've worn my fair share of big gulps and discarded food, it's one of the primary reasons I typically disdain pounding pavement. Really though, considering your proximity to a NASCAR track is an abundance of illiterate white trash in huge trucks such a revelation?:?:

19. panteratwork

panteratwork Member

Bikes/Music/Film
    Just take a picture and report it! One night riding home from burbank going trough glendale almost at midnight a BMW with 3 young kids speeds up next to me and the passenger hanging out the window tried to push me while they all yelled some slur crap and then took off.I was so pissed off that it gave me a huge adrenaline rush and I carry my camera all the time so i was like im going to get a picture and report these guys,So i see these guys make a right up ahead and im pedaling Hard trying to catch up and get to the light they turned on and upon reaching the light thinking these guys got away,I look over at the gas station and surprise surprise idiots stopped to buy some snacks. So i pedal right up to their Car furiously Yelling making a scene throwing my bike down and started digging in my backpack as i walked up these guys to get the camera and they must have tought i had a GUN because they litteraly s**t thier pants and ran in the car and peeled out of the gas station so fast! The look on the scared faces when i cought them was priceless....I didnt even get a freaking picture but I still reported them and new that i had gotten even....

20. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Peter, not trying to sound hyper-sensitive here but they could've easily been any nationality. The fact that they were morons has nothing to do with them being Armenian (or Mexican, white, Asian, African-American or anything else for that matter). There's idiots in all walks of life and race has nothing to do with it. Yes, I'm a card carrying Armo member and am guilty of wearing too much Drakkar and eating too frequently @ Zankoo. :wave: