I'm going to be selling Ryan's yellow Commencal Supreme 24

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McG715, Jul 20, 2015.

1. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    Not sure how many folks from the old days still check in but back then I know a number of folks always asked me to let them know once it was time to get rid of Ryan's bike.. well the time has come. He has been riding his Commencal Supreme Jr for quite a while now and doesn't even look at the smaller bike with the 24" wheels any longer. Need to make room in the garage. I'm eventually going to list it on PinkBike but thought I'd let STR know in case anyone is interested or knows anyone with a little grom who might be a good fit for the bike.. I will end up posting pics and a list of the components later but just getting the word out in case anyone is interested.. thanks, Jim

4:10PM today - just adding a picture below

FullSizeRender1.jpg

Specs:
    2013 Commencal Supreme 24
    · Fox 34 Float CTD Kashima 160 fork customized to 140mm
    · Marzocchi Roco shock with 250LB and 350LB springs
    · Saint derailleur and shifter
    · Shimano 10 speed cassette
    · Formula RX disc brakes with Shimano ICE tech discs 180mm front and rear
    · eThirteen chainguide and bashguard
    · eThirteen 36T chainring - Purple with blue chainring bolts
    · HT AE01 flat pedals - Purple
    · Gravity Moto-X crankset 165mm
    · Industry Nine hubs – Purple (stock 24” wheels were built up with the i9 hubs and purple nipples)
    · Loaded Precision seatpost - Blue
    · Black Market seatpost clamp - Purple
    · Straitline 35mm stem - Blue
    · CaneCreek 110 series headset - Blue
    · Diety Dirty 30 bars - Purple
    · Kenda Nevegal 24x2.5 DH tires
    · Chromag Overture Semenuk seat - Yellow
    · ODI Gwin grips

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  2. hobie

hobie Member

still here. beautiful bike. what is person fits on that size of bike?

3. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    My son is 11 but not a huge kid (70lbs) and he can still fit it... but it was feeling small to him after has been riding his bigger bike for quite a while now.. I'd say ballpark not knowing exact size of a certain child that it should accommodate most riders 8-11 yrs old.

4. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    My daughter just rode her bike with pedals and without training wheels for the first time today. 5 yrs 2 months. She was riding a Strider at age 2, and a bigger, better Kazaam from 3-4, but outgrew those. She "graduated" to a pedal bike at age 4 but needed training wheels to learn to pedal and brake, and to manage the huge difference in bike weight. I took the training wheels off a few weeks ago and she reverted back to her push bike days (which was great). I held her as she pedaled for a while, but today, she was well-balanced, so I just let go. No drama, no problems. She even stopped with grace. Of course, she had to show off for mom when mom got home this evening. Again, no problems. BIG smiles on her and us.

So that said, I think she should buy that bike of Ryan's. She's ready for it. (winky emoticon, thumbs up emoticon).

5. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    Chris I think she's ready!! It's all about progression.. :) hope you're doing well.. hey I'm not on STR too often but just an FYI, Ryan just won the 11/12 yr old USAC DH National Championship in Mammoth.. he's a back to back Champ now and feeling pretty good.. hope to see you soon!

6. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    That's friggin' awesome! Congrats Ryan and proud papa. I meant to look for the results sheet. I suspected he would do well again. See you on the trails sometime!

Oh, and if you've tried to e-mail me in the last two months, my cox.net e-mail failed miserably. It's working now.

PS: I know a place where the thanks button and emoticons work.

7. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    Thanks! I'm very proud of him.. he's 3-0 in his last 3 races which include the recent Nationals as well as a GRT win in Angel Fire in June.. will shoot you an email early next week.. heading to Mammoth this weekend for Ryan to take part in the Cam Zink clinic going off tomorrow.. he's pumped for that.. talk to you soon!

8. hobie

hobie Member

how tall is an 8 to 11 year old?

my 4 year old is rocking his CNOC 16 islabike at the bmx track right now. i am about to get him the Beinn 20" mtb so we can go ride some trails. by next summer i figure he might need something a bit more capable.

my wife who is 4'11" used to rock a gromhit (24" DH bike) but we sold it and now shes thinking of getting another one.

heres a pic for fun

Attached Files:

9. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    Great pic.. I remember those days.. my son is roughly 55-56 inches.. he's not a huge kid so hard to say what the height range would be.. he races with kids his age who are slightly smaller and a few who are huge compared to him.. I only know his stats :)

10. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Realtor/Full Realty
    Congrats Ryan!! There's just no stopping him is there Jim?? :)

11. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    Thanks Rox.. yes he's progressing at a pretty fast rate right now.. he just did the Cam Zink clinic in Mammoth last weekend and killed it and had a blast.. he learned from one of the best how to throw suicide no handers (see pic below) and he's getting ready to work with a friend of ours who will be teaching him to backflip on the bike.. between the racing schedule and ramping up his trick list, it's hard to watch some times :) we need to ride soon.. let me know when you're doing SS on some dates this season.. I think we are doing Mammoth for Labor Day Weekend if you're headed that way by chance

Suicide No Hander Mammoth.jpg

12. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Realtor/Full Realty
    ^^UnFreakinBelievable!!!!!! I'm in total awe..........

I'm hittin SS Fri if you guys can swing it. I have no idea what my future holds right now but if I have the funds and the time I'd like to join you guys up in Mammoth (w my own accommodations of course). :)

13. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    Wow Jim - and even more wow Ryan! As a dad, it must be hard to watch at times, and now you are saying, "Oh crap, Rampage 2025? What the hell will the limit be in ten years?" Still - I know you are very proud of the little ripper who can throw it down the hill in a race and now can throw tricks. Yeeoooww!

14. dssgaffler

dssgaffler Complete Sellout

I don't visit this site anymore but I decided to today & I can't believe you're selling that bike. I remember when you were specing the build for him. Obviously he is still riding and looks like he is doing great. I wish him the best of luck in the future & all us old timers will keep an eye out for him when he hits the World Cup scene.

15. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    Thanks Chris.. yes definitely proud! He's doing awesome, he's still as passionate as ever about it, but yes as a dad watching him push the envelope as far and hard as he does is not always easy..
    Yes it's been awhile since I've been here regularly too.. It's funny I thought we'd keep that bike forever and just store it, but we need the room, and if he isn't gonna ride it, then time for someone else to enjoy it. I have had many inquiries from the PB listing and a friend testing is out now for his little guy as we speak, so it will be sold very soon.. he still rides a Commencal, just rides a bigger bike now.. once he grows a bit more who knows.. sky is the limit, maybe Trek Session, maybe Intense M16.. once he's big enough for options like that it will be fun!!