If you live within 100 miles of me we have a deal

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by Drakethomas, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff^d

jeff^d Active Member

When you say "tuning", do you replace/upgrade suspension internals, similar to PUSH? Or do you mean dial in air pressure, rebound, and compression settings?

2. ghixon

ghixon Look Ma - No hands!

Sales
    I'd be willing to be a Guienea Pig for "science". My XC race bike needs a little something.

PM me when you get more info (time/places).

3. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    Please don't expect "the goods" for free here. Drake is throwing down some cash for this system (not to mention fabricating anything else he needs himself). Even an oil change and swapping springs is gonna cost you something. If that's all Drake was offering it would still be a good deal. Ever get a bill from Pushed, Fox, or 'Zocchi for just a "refresh"? It aint that cheap...

The Race Tech data session will tell YOU exactly what is working and what isn't. It is info that is primarily only available to factory race squads.

Drake: Man up. the words "money back guarantee" are totally appropriate here. My best setup is; start with the factory numbers for sag, rebound, (usually) low speed compression adjustments. more than that requires oil and spring rate changes, possibly valving adjustments (which I cannot do myself). Then, it's trial and error, make one small adjustment at a time till I "FEEL" like it's dialed.... Only said data session can reveal what's really going on, then prove it on the trail of your choice.

I've never met Drake, but based on what little I gather from our exchanges on STR he either knows what he's talking about (way more than me), or he's completely full of $4it (I'm only 50% full at best) :p :D :p :D

4. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    I'm thinking ...
    ...End of race season, bad economy so almost everyone is on a budget. I would also guess a few riders would prefer to spend money on the parts they broke while racing.

I'd be all over it except the biggest problem right now, I can't ride. Second biggest prob, no funds to fund the tuning. Plus I am a bit outside the 100mi limit. ;)

Oh yeah, not to mention the internals of my fork are a mystery. Just kidding;) but a lot of folks have no idea whats in a Delta8.

5. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Suspension tech, propulsion system tech,Space stat
    You dont have to custom tune anything, I will run the data system then you decide:lol:

Big difference here my friend, tuning is tuning and adjusting is adjusting, I can do it all, from nitrogen filling, to custom shimming, to one off pistons, to porting existing designs to achieve more ususable flow numbers, to basic cleaning, to pretty much anything your heart desires.Been doing it since 1992...............:bang::bang:

6. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

I am only full of $hit until late in the morning when my starbucks kicks in, you see I to was where the majority of riders are now. I got tired of shipping stuff off to get fixed, I was the annoying person calling everyday wanting to come to your factory and learn the black magic of suspension, well 17years later I no longer need to call, I know what works and what doesnt, I am the most anal person youll meet when it comes to everything, I call everyone that I have ever rebuilt for numerous times within the 1st month, I have to know without a doubt they are stoked.Start a post about me here youll see.Like I mentioned the data can be used ofr set ups not just custom tunes alot of people are totally confused on this. I am offering a chance to set up the shock clock then print out in plain english what your suspension is doing every second, if you want to custom tune then we have data which can be used for this purpose.:clap::clap:

7. NitrOx

NitrOx Suspension Junkie

Suspension Junkie
    This is actually a really good service with the right tuner. I thought about buying a DAQ back when I owned a CCDB but it's a bit expensive so I decided to wing it.

Drake, will you provide customers copies of the data both in electronic (raw data) and print formats?

8. bdegroodt

bdegroodt Juñior Member

Home Page:
    I'm not in the market for this right now, but I'll throw out my testimonial that having my suspension really properly tuned was the single best investment in my setups I've ever made. After fit, no other dollar comes close to the return in my opinion. If you have the bucks and you're considering anything else and it's not brakes or tires, do this.

No affiliation with Drake. I just know how long I dragged my feet at getting this done and now it's the first stop I make on every suspended bike (motor or pedal).

9. Marshall Willanholly

Marshall Willanholly Active Member

Home Page:
    I'd be very interesting in trying this out.

I've also got a 40 and a Lyrik that need some TLC...

10. SBSinister

SBSinister New Member

I'm still kinda confused by this. Can you detail exactly what kind of "deal" you're offering and what it has to do with being 100 miles or closer?

11. b3rnard

b3rnard Member

Count me in on this. I have Stumpjumper with the AFR shock, and FOX RLC that aren't working in perfect harmony.

12. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Well it took long enough, finally people speaking up. So here is more info, yes I have to charge for this . No it is not gonna cost an arm and leg. What I am imagining is this, meet up with people with bikes as set by them. Run some data then show them via laptop what was going on. Next set accordingly, using countless hours adjusting suspension experience using factory parameters. View via laptop, now in plain english you will see whether you fit within a tuning window given by the factory or if internals are indeed needed( majority of people do need changes) . I will charge by the hour. BUT if you do indeed want to CUSTOM TUNE your suspension based on data gathered a nice discount will be applied to total cost. Typical custom tunes run ( depending on model) 140-225$, that is not the price of data and custom tuning. The discount applies to tuning not the data aquired. reason for this is simple, with the data it is much easier to achieve perfection 1st time vs shimming a valve bleeding then reshimming again, then bleeding then reshimming. It is way easier with proven data. But remember this, tuned for you how you ride is way better than shootin in the dark if you cant even tell what your suspension is doing in the 1st place.So like I said we can run data only so people will know optimal performance adjustments printed out in plain english, pretty cool. All work is guaranteed to put a smile on your face, or my name aint DRAKE......................

13. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

I really dont wanna drive farther than that, 100 miles is darn far on my free dime.lolThe deal is there to get the word out that I have one of these systems.I am gonna run a big discount for the people who respond early and commit to a deal.

Print formats most people understand graphs far better.

14. yamahabr6

yamahabr6 New Member

I have had both my Marz 66 rc3 built by drake and also my Revox. I know im not the first to tell you but Drake is a very solid guy. I Feel like everyone that knows him feels the same. He will meet you to pick up and drop off your stuff. He also called me 2 days after my service to see that I was stoked and when I told him I had not ridden it yet he told me to expect a call in a couple days. Sure to his word he called back to see how my stuff was working. Not only does he know a lot about suspension (my suspension feels way better after he played with it) but he is committed to good customer Service and making you happy witch is why I am a repeat customer of his and I will be back for more. Thanks for every thing Drake.

15. schleppp

schleppp Active Member

I am in! PM'ing you...

16. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

I just wanna say thanks for the recent contacts with very cool people, amazing what a simple bike will do for long term friendships.....................

17. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

System will be ready for next weekend who is in?

18. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    Once my wrist is well ( Currently 3 weeks in post surgery recovery) I will be all over this... the M6 can use a little love... and maybe the Lenz

19. supralight

supralight New Member

money tree in backyard
    ive got a 2006 fox floar r that is stuck down. i'd like to get it unstuck and upgraded/tuned, maybe a lockout? what do you offer? i sent an e-mail to isotuned. please contact me thru there.

many thanks!

20. mtbski

mtbski New Member

Sanitation worker
    I haven't read through all the posts, but does this program work on full rigids? Ya know,tire tuning, more or less air, tubes vs. tubeless, steel versus carbon fork.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.