If you live within 100 miles of me we have a deal

Discussion in 'The Market Place' started by Drakethomas, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Suspension tech, propulsion system tech,Space stat
    :bang:I am gettin my new RaceTech suspension software in less than two weeks, so if anyone is interested in a substantial discount on laptop tuning and custom tuning for them, on their suspension system and where they ride, keep in touch. I am going to offer a one time deal of a lifetime. More details to come. Show me who is interested.:clap:

2. number7s

number7s number7s

how does this work?

3. thephat

thephat Active Member

Will you be mounting a device to the damper unit so that you can see what the damper is doing while your subject rides?

4. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Yes a software data aquisition system , mounted on the bike and tells exactly what happened while riding and things I then utilize to tune for you and how you ride. Imagine being a pro moto guy without having to be pro.

5. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico New Member

personal trainer
    I am for sure interested. I would love to get my suspension dialed before I go to Moab in Oct.

6. protocol_droid

protocol_droid New Member

chemist
    Drake does quality work my friends. Have had tons of bike work done by him. He knows his stuff.:bang:

7. HEYwait4me

HEYwait4me Member

Is this for motorcycles or mountain bikes?

8. Albacore

Albacore 34x18

Fireman
    Count me in.

9. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

It works on all suspension, bikes, motos, go carts.lol:lol:

10. minhster

minhster DNF'd

whoa, that's awesome, i might be in...!

11. kellyn8

kellyn8 New Member

As soon as I get my bike back from powdercoating i'll be paying you a visit. I'm very interested to see what my suspension has been doing!

12. MTBMaven

MTBMaven This is Shangri La

GIS Coordinator
    Can you give us some ball park idea what this service will cost? PM if needed.

13. SBSinister

SBSinister New Member

What kind of hardware is it using? Exactly what kind of "tuning" are you offering and at what rates?

14. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

I am offering a chance to fully understand your bike and what you have done adjustment wise to the suspension. I then adjust to factory settings and compare the two, and seeing if what you did is correct or where improvement is possible. I can then do full custom set ups where improvement is needed and where factory may not be able to fix any issues that you may have based on rider style and bike being ridden. You would be amazed how people I have used this on that were so confident that the suspension set up they were riding was perfect and nothing could be done to make it any better.Everybody is different, all bikes are not the same, everybody rides different places. All this makes adjusting suspension that much harder, having software at your disposal allows you to see improvements being made as well as any adjustments whether good or bad right there on a graph in plain english. I can tell things like correct spring for rider weight, air pressure for rider weight, average deviation of travel( where is your travel average on a given trail hopefully upper 75% or more) , frequency ( good for judging high speed and low speed) soft bottom outs, hard botttom outs, top outs soft and hard, shaft speed in mm per second, exact leverage ratio on every bike . More as well but kinds gives you an idea. Same system used by countless race teams worldwide in all aspects of racing, where suspension is involved.I am planning on doing a data session with people so they can first see what their bike is doing, and if they want we can then do tuning , because nearly all bikes and I say nearly all bikes can use improvements. I need to figure how many people want to do this.Then I will be able to give them a deal on a custom one off setup for them and their bike.More info to come thanks for reading.

15. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

The hardware I use is usually machined as it is hard to fit every bike with the Racetech set ups, not a problem got it covered and no it will not leave a mark on the bike, pricing depends on what we are doing, data alone is gonna be relatively cheap, probably by the hour. Full one off tuning is gonna be based upon what we are doing and most will run in the ball park of 140-225$ customs.

16. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I'm a little confused here, Drake. Setting up the suspension can change depending on the terrain one would be riding on a certain day. Say one day they are riding an all mountain type trail with lots of small hucks and dropoffs and the next day on a xc trail with a lot of braking bumps and tight switchbacks. Wouldn't you tune the suspension differenty then?

17. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

Yes and no, if you were riding an all mtn bike with drop offs then riding the same bike xc chances are you are riding a bike way over traveled for the xc set up for one. For two most people are over traveled for the conditions(data proven) they ride. The factory settings are a virtual window and hopefully you fit within that window. Most dont, yes a little high speed compresson will help on a bigger frequency impact , yes a little more low speed will help on braking bumps, but are you within the adjustment window given by the factory, probably not. The system doesnt just allow tuning for different terrain but different riding styles as well. When I do a session I dont just set up how we ride on pavement, we ride how you ride and where you ride , whether its up or down or both. Understanding what your possiblities are is the magic here and w/o the software you are guessing in the dark. Suspension is not hand grenades or horshoes, it is art some people understand it and most people dont. Close is not good enough for me is it for you?I spend to much on my toys and my passion for having a good time to not be able to utilize something to the maximum benefit.I am allowing more people access to a killer system so they to understand where they sit and if what they are sitting on works the best for them.

18. Drakethomas

Drakethomas New Member

:?:I am totally surprised more people dont wanna take advantage of this, the 100mile thing is due to travel time, if you want to travel to make up the difference, bring it..........................

19. volcomsteban

volcomsteban New Member

Shmo
    I think a lot of people, myself included, are thinking like PainFreak and want to see some results before they commit. Its hard to understand how something works when its so complicated. Not to mention the price tag. While it may be a small price to pay for 100% custom tuning its still money that some may not having just laying around. Just a little insight for ya. :wave:

20. uzziboy

uzziboy hi Ron...it's Ron

who cares
    I would be interested in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.