Idyllwild 24hrs of Adrenaline

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Keith B, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Keith B

Keith B Professional Lion Tamer

Legionnaire of Life
    I think Jose is over 50 isnt he? :lol:

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Only on cold mornings after staying up to late partying the night before.... then I think he's somewheres around 60.:lol:

3. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

sometimes I do feel like Mike!!:lol: but thats after 50 miles on dirt!!:bang: any other day mostly like 40sih!!8-[

soo true!! that shit aint NO joke man!!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  4. Keith B

Legionnaire of Life
    OK the fees for the 5 person team are $525 or $105 each if you want to look at it that way.

A corporate team of 6-10 would be $850 making it $85 if we had one large team of 10.

So far it looks like there is demand for a fast team and a fun team. (Although Chelle put something about a womens team in the girls room so I dont know if you decided on a girls team or not.)

Slowspokes, Andy, Shleppy and I are down for the fun team. So peeps now is the time to make your choice.

I'll also need you to put your hard earned green where your mouth is pretty soon. I've asked the event organiser what the deadline for entry is so I'll let you know.

5. 1x1clyde

1x1clyde Inspired by SSer's

Sales and marketing
    Hey Keith,

I am on the fence due to limited "days off", I usually work saturdays and am already taking 2 off that month and the following sat for the breathless agony plus Moab and Fruita in the fall:bang: requires a couple weeks of vacation....put me in the maybe
    column, porfavor!

6. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

:-s u can still show up for a lap or two @ night right?:-k :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

7. Keith B

Legionnaire of Life
    Registration for the event opened on Jan 3rd and its limited to 130 teams/Solo teams. So far there are plenty of team places.
    Anyone in for a few laps up at Idyllwild in the near future to see if they like the course? (Amazing how the cold weather turns most people off MTB-ing :lol: )

8. 1x1clyde

Sales and marketing
    Count me in for that! I'll just "borrow" a number plate and hammer a few night laps:bang:

9. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Don't know that I'd race with 24HOA again, but I would love to go ride there again. Just post it, and I'll do my best to go.

10. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Yeah, I'm not willing to give my money to 24 again. I've raced their events 5 different times and the last one was the kicker. I won't get robbed again. And if I give somebody or some company my money I expect to be treated like a customer, not a problem. I'm done with 24HOA. I'm just one of many that has had problems with them, but other people still have no problems with their events. Be prepared though, they will not call you back once they have your money. I've seen this happen a lot of times with them.

11. Keith B

Legionnaire of Life
    Can you elaborate Mr. Pain before we all part with our hard earned green.
    Why would we need to call them? We pay our cash show up and camp then hit the trails right??
    Although I have to say I turned up to ride Hurkey Creek in September and there was a pretty small turn out, which I was surprised about.

12. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    A few things. They double booked our campsites with others, they couldn't be reached by phone, when they told us we hadn't paid the full amount (which was wrong). I had personally collected all the money for a cooperate team ( 10 people ) which was no easy task and then I had them telling me we weren't paid, and I couldn't reach them in any possible way. We got to the campground and I had to show them the cancelled check, then because of them not listing us as being paid we didn't get our swag bags or any of the other stuff like number plates, T-shirts, baton etc. I spent two days there before the race trying to get their act together with them copping an attitude. It all could of been taken care of if they'd had just answered a phone call, email or the certified letter that I sent them. Needless to say it was a very frustrating ordeal and this wasn't the first time I'd had issues with them.
    Sorry but you asked.

13. Sprockethead

Sprockethead S.T.U.P.I.D.A.S.S. Member

Network Admin
    Dude that sucks, I can see why you're pissed. I've heard people rant on mtbr about 24HOA to. I've also heard people with good experiences so it's good to know what to look out for.

14. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Don't want to rant, but I ditto what Pain Freak says about 24HOA.

15. Keith B

Legionnaire of Life
    Well when I e-mailed about details I got a reply within 30mins but 1st of all I got this auto response the content of which doesnt bode well:
    "
    Email is the best option for communication and I would ask that you provide as much information as possible so we can assist you with any problems that may arise. Please provide us with your email address (used on your profile) and full name, plus daytime phone number that we can contact you at.
    We look forward to assisting you in a timely manner, and appreciate your understanding. "

If I was being cynical I could say well they want my contact number but dont want to give out one of their own.

24hrs of OC is on a sucky course at the flying B and the nice thing about 24HOC is the course is excellent. I'd still like to go ahead with this but if someone wants to go a bit more upscale and suggest somthing like 24hrs of Moab.............??

16. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

With all these drama on the air why don’t we look for a better choice? (A friend pointed out and I was thinking about it too) How about if we just do the Temecula race instead? I've tried the course and it's not that bad @ all. U start out with some climbs but after u get it done the rest is pure freaking ST sweetness. It almost felt like the Palm Desert thing. I think we would have a better time with this event :-k just my few centzz on da mix EHH!!8)

:drunk:

we could also do that one!!:bang: I've been there and it was freaking nicceee!!!:beer:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  17. Keith B

Legionnaire of Life
    When is 24hrs of Temecula Jose? I'm going to try and come along to the 12hr event this weekend for a scope of the course.
    Moab would indeed be sweet but would take Muchos organising. Maybe its not such a bad thing the warriors and Flying B arent working together because the course sucks.

18. andy aka rut

andy aka rut Active Member

Hey guys,
    I gotta chime in here too. I have done about 10 24hr events. I don't even have to pay if I do an Adrenaline event. With that being said, I won't do an Adrenaline event again.
    I am a regular on MTBR and have been on "the inside" with them for several years. 24hr of A (Stuart) used to be a major sponsor for MTBR and visa versa. About 1.5 years ago a solo rider posted a thread about the cost of the event for the solo riders. He went on to ask why it costs so much if the solo rider doesn't get to enjoy the added benefits (corn feed, movie, contests and so on) the team riders get to enjoy. IMO he was very professional, accurate in descriptions and well represented in the industry. Once 24hr of A caught wind of the thread, Stuart send him an email (which the solo rider showed us) letting him know he was no longer allowed to compete in the 24hr series for the remainder of the year. The solo rider continued to be professional throughout the whole thread. It was obvious Stuart simply had something up his butt. He simply didn't budge. MTBR pulled out of the events as a sponsor and Stuart pulled from sponsoring MTBR.
    I also have a cousin in the industry. He is actually a Mountain Bike Hall of Fame member. For other reasons, he shares my opinion.
    The 24hr event in Temecula benefits a killed industry member as well. 4 years ago several Oakley and GT guys went snowboarding/skiing. The van they were driving got hit by a bus. One person died. The Temecua event gives a certain amount of the proceeds (I don't know how much) to the family.
    The event is low key, family oriented, well organized and a ton of fun.

My 2 cents-
    andy

19. 1x1clyde

Sales and marketing
    I have also done both Granny Gear 24 hour racing and Adrenaline Series racing, they both have their good and bad but I enjoy Granny Gear races alot more.
    I invited Jose to join my team for the 24 Hours of Moab last fall - actually the 9 hours!- and ask him, it was a blast! I spend my vacation days to make that race a famly vacation, inlaws in tow! Its not that hard to organize, I've been doing it for years and having friends fly in from all over the country to participate, ride, drink and hang out.
    I used to drive out from Minneapolis - it was haul- and spend a week there. This last year we moved here so the drive is alot easier. You have to stick around and hit Slickrock and Porcupine.
    We even fly in a mechanic, a good buddy of mine from MN that builds for the Q, so its one less thing to worry about come race time....when it comes to racing, I do not mess around, ask Jose:beer:
    The 24 hour of Temecula course is not the same as Jason's 12 Hour course, a similar flow but not the same trail.
    Hope that helps and come to the 24 Hours Of Temecula, Jose, myself and 2 buddies from SLC are already signed up!