I got ran over by a mountain biker

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by karen, Jan 16, 2009.

1. panteratwork

panteratwork Member

Bikes/Music/Film
  2. Klurejr

Klurejr New Member

I run with a bell on my bike for this very reason, some people don't hear you yell, or for the life of them cannot understand what "on your left" means. The bell seems to get every ones attention from further away, and they tend to look behind them when they hear it. I think some people tend to block out the human voice from a distance unless it is a blood curdling scream..... I also hike the same trails I ride and do my best to listen for bikes and joggers in my environment. There is obviously no excuse in the world for a bike rider to simply plow into a person, and I hope you recover soon.

3. Elisheva

Elisheva New Member

counterterrorism
    The sound of a bell is the most understandable language on the planet when riding on trails.

4. Familyman

Familyman Original Kaosss

There is no excuse for running into anybody. This happens alot in Marshall Canyon. Riders need to be under control at all times. Im sorry to hear that this happened to you. Get well soon Karen.

5. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I know of no mountain bikers that would yell,"Get out of the way". If I did I probably wouldn't ride with them and I surely would school them in the proper way to ride. I'm very sorry this had to happen to you. I'd really like to talk to Ed and make sure he has an understanding of what he did and what he is doing to the sport of mountain biking by being such a careless rider.

Sounds like a noob to me that needs to be taught.

6. Klurejr

Klurejr New Member

Those bear bells are nice, might be cool to be able to just turn the thing on for a section with a number of blind corners, I always find I ma fidgeting with my bell on the blind stuff to make sure i get a few rings out, when i would rather be focusing on making the turn.

7. Ride2live32

Ride2live32 New Member

Custom Fabricator, soon to be cooking chef
    that guy should be kicked out of the area then! its embrassing and make us mtbikers looking bad with using nature lands. Any of those morons makes me want to trip them down the steep side.. ok i may be mean but this is what happens with single tracks being closed to bikers.