I almost forgot how good riding a bike feels

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Samusick, Dec 3, 2010.

1. dubl_xl

dubl_xl I'd rather go down

Electrician
  2. Samusick

Samusick OI!

Machinist
    Home Page:
    Thanks dubl_xl. That's a mighty fine avatar you got there too. :bang: Johnny Cash is THE man. If my old lady hadn't already bought me that infamous shirt I would be all over that one. If you like bluegrass check out the .357 string band, devil makes three, and trampled by turtles. Those guys kick some serious hillbilly butt. I completely agree with ya, now that I got back into riding if I don't get out more than once a week I get all achy and crap. I'll look forward to crossing paths with ya someday.

3. gismo

gismo Professor Chaos

Test subject
    I'm glad to hear you kicked the habit! I stopped a long time ago. When I had the urge years later, found out Luckies stopped selling their filters here in the US. Stopped for good. It hurts to see some of my friends still smoking. Stuff kills. Welcome!

4. dubl_xl

dubl_xl I'd rather go down

Electrician
    Amen brother! He is the ultimate punk rock cowboy. I used to sit on my grandpa's lap and listen to his albums for hours, until I was old enough to stack them up on the old turntable and play them myself. I dig Bluegrass, my uncle used to play it all the time with his buddies. He even made his own Dulcimer and played the Dobro. Good times! I'll check out those bands, thanks for the info. I'm sure our paths will cross on a trail someday. If'n your ever going to be near the Castaic/Magic Mountain area PM me and I'll show you the goods.

5. Samusick

Samusick OI!

Machinist
    Home Page:
    Thanks gismo :) I honestly didn't think it would happen but man am I glad it did. I see you're in La Mirada as well, let's meet up and ride sometime.

6. Samusick

Samusick OI!

Machinist
    Home Page:
    Hell yeah brother :beer: All my buddy's that play are all punk rock (old school) but only play bluegrass. I forgot to mention Old Crow Medicine Show and Hank Williams III, might want to give them a listen as well.

7. Samusick

Samusick OI!

Machinist
    Home Page:
    Yeah, I saw that post. I'm still a little confused as to why it's in there but whatever, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yeah, he was the whole reason I got into this danged mtb thing. I remember the first time he took me to snow summit, he had a blast and I nearly crapped my pants! :lol:

8. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Welcome from Riverside! Lot's of great rides, check the Trailhead forum and the Calendar, come out and join us!!

9. TREE

TREE New Member

Welcome from Las Flores - congrats on kicking the smokes and getting back out on the bike!