Hurkey Creek needs work (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by sxc70, Mar 13, 2010.

1. simonmtb

simonmtb Digging for fun.

riding my bike and cooking dinner for the wife
    I just added to the thread. 3/4 of exfoliator has been fixed from the top down, so be aware that suddenly the ruts appear with a vengance. The climb up to Rage in the sage is unrideable on the first section. Ruts on RitS too. Keen Summit is rutted but getting better. Coyote Run still has running water on it and is rutted at the bottom.
    A downed tree on Middle Southridge and one on Coffee Pot.

Mods: please merge.

2. OldDogDan

OldDogDan Member

Rode there Saturday 27th. Woodpile - Snakeskin - Tres H Uno - Exfoliator - part of Missing Link - RitS - Tunnel of Love (I think that was it, plus some offshoots).Trails were drier & very much sandier than I expected compared to previous rides. The washed out culvert on Exfoliator surprised me as I hadn't ridden Ex before. I'm a lousy climber, but don't remember anything unrideable on RitS, so maybe it's been fixed. Big cat tracks at the top of TofL! We had a great time, with sandwiches and a variety of beers waiting at Hurkey. Shared the beer with a MTBer and his wife celebrating his birthday. Gave the ranger extra $ for the coffee fund for being so friendly to MTBers. $2 day use? What a bargain. And thank you to those who built & maintain these outstanding trails!

3. simonmtb

simonmtb Digging for fun.

riding my bike and cooking dinner for the wife

The culvert is now fixed with a little rock bridge and Exfoliator is finished and back to its fast and flowey self. Watch the ruts off line though;). More work being done this week.