How 'bout them Lakers and Dodgers...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by JoeTruth, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    You really are a Angel fan because with your predictions you are living in Fantasy Land :clap: :lol:

2. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Lake-show

If the Lakers get Bynum and Ariza back it is Oh'veeeer

The Cel'Dicks can't handle a team like Det'riot in a 7 game series.

Too bad the Cel'Dicks won't make it out of the East it would have been fun seeing the MVP and the rest of the Lakers take their manhood:bang::wave::lol:

3. thephat

thephat Active Member

Go Lakers!

4. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    The Doggers/Dead Sux.Now there's a waste of good coin! :D Especially in this economy.I have tickets to the Dead Sux/Angels on July 18.Hope both teams are firing on all cylinders so no one can whine,(a Boston trait ya know :-({|=),about who'd of won if this or that person would've played.:lol: Is it sunny there yet?:-k We're going to the K.C./Angels game tomorrow night.Have fun and enjoy the game. :beer:- Lloyd

5. Fired Yo Momma

Classified
    KC and the Angels?????? Oh Lloyd I think I would have rather watch Dee Zee's kids play little league or T- ball ;). You know when the Sox come in the Angels mangement love it because all the Bostonian transplants sell out the cockroach vermin infested Anaslime staduim. Hey you guys need those games to pay for Mr. Golden Glove Tory Hunter (I think the best move Anaslime made)

6. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

LL Baseball

"Dee Zee's kids play little league or T- ball "

San Clemente LL Single Cubs are a blast to watch:bang:

Everyone of my players are smarter than Manny and Big Sloppy:lol::bang:;)

7. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

I miss coaching Little League. I did it for 5-6 years until my son was too old for Little League. I miss the kids (especially as they get older) giving you everything they have in exchange for confirmation and validation. Good stuff and what sports should be all about. I don't miss the little league board politics. I was tricked into being on the board and webmaster, in addition to managing and it took way too much of my time. The coaching was a blast, the rest pretty much sucked.

Here's a pic of my 05 team. We were the underdogs and we won the championship in our league that year. Good times and good memories!

[​IMG]

8. Fired Yo Momma

Classified
    :bang::bang::bang::bang::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    You were underdogs and won the championship because you had the right uniforms on!!! See Dee Zee loose the zero get with the hero my friend...Sox Sox Sox Red Sox. The funny thing is that in 2004 the Sox won their first world series after 86 years #-o.

9. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Why do you think we were the Red Sox? It was more then a coincidence. Usually, kids jump on the band wagon of winning teams and players. No body wants to duplicate the name of a losing team. It was based on popularity and demand. The previous year, we were the A's (don't ask!) and we were horrific!

10. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    It's early in the season and K.C.is doing ok so far.We'll see tomorrow night.Dee Zee's kids little league team could easily make fools of the Dead Sux! :bang:Fenway Park should have been condemned and torn down a long time ago!!!I can't imagine paying good money for a seat behind a support pole that holds that decrepit place up.#-oThe made it a historical monument so the wouldn't have to put any money into it...the cheap bastiges.Anahiem's in the O.C.so they can get by easily without money from the suc-uh-Bostonians,but they'll gladly take it from them! :lol: - Lloyd

11. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

i'm just waiting for the bandwagon laker fans to come out of the wood works again

12. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Flags on cars

I will give it until the weekend and then all off the Laker car flags wil be out#-o

Preach it brother!

Fenworst paaaaaaaack is the worst place to see a game. All of the seats face straight and are not angled to the field. They need to tear down that dump:lol:

Kewl! When I was in LL Majors we were the Dead Sux and won it all........and it was against the Yankees:)

I also serve on the board and it is tough!

The politics are bad. Managing is the best! I love those kids...........well most of them.;) Their parents........well #-o

13. Fired Yo Momma

Classified
    Thats the majority of Socal Fans, it goes like this Hmmm I was watching my local news channel and it said the Lakers are in the playoffs. Well I guess I better take down the ducks flags for now and put up the Laker gears. The next night they find out the Clippers are still in the playoffs (yea right) and the Lakers just lost and are out. Hey honey take down the Laker gear and lets put up the Clipper gear we need to look cool.

14. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Bs

99% of Clipper fans are transplants that hate the Lakers.

Have you heard the radio ad "Clipper Nation":lol:

I mean c'mon can you really take that team serious? They play in a building with Purple seats Gold championship banners and retired numbers. Oh and in front of the building there is a statue of the greatest player of all time (hint.... not a Clipper).

It is just sad that the Lakers need to share a building with them and that Ice Soccer team;)

15. Fired Yo Momma

Classified
    I only say Clippers because I was using them as an example from a couple of years ago when they made the playoffs and it was crazy all the movie stars were at the games the chicks were wearing the little clipper jerseys and all the OC peeps on the freeway had the Clippers flag hanging off of their lifted Chevy Silverado's

16. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Ok

Don't ever call me a front runner.

Remember I am also a Raider fan#-o8-[:-s

17. Fired Yo Momma

Classified
    Oh I know your not a front runner you just have a bad selection of teams. I forgive you, your in Fantasyland with the Angels.

Its a small world after all its a small world after all

18. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    Talk about a reeking bandwagon...

This from Yahoo Sports:
    Getting Inside

The Celtics are setting record off the court, as well, as they head into the postseason. Recently they hired a company to sell 300 sets of playoff tickets, and the seats were gone less than two hours after they were put on sale.

“The systems crashed,” said team president Rich Gotham. “The company was hit with 700,000 requests for just 300 tickets.” The Celts have sold out every game this season and are also the league’s top draw on the road.

“The Celtics are hot,” Gotham said, “in Boston, at a national level and at a global level. Our TV ratings have almost doubled, and our sponsorship revenue has grown, and sales of season tickets increased 40 percent.”

The club is still appreciative of the fact that it sold out a number of games last season when the club struggled to the second-worst record in the league. But things began to improve dramatically when reports that Kevin Garnett may join the team first circulated.

“Even before we finalized the Kevin Garnett trade, our phones were ringing off the hook,” Gotham said. “After he was signed, the phones just didn’t stop ringing.”
    ---------------------------------

#-o:lol::clap:#-o:lol::clap:#-o:lol::clap:#-o:lol::clap:

19. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Chowda's

:lol::lol::lol:

20. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    A Boston fan/transplant talking crap about the Big A?

That takes some nerve. You do not want to go there without mentioning Boston Madison Square Garden (it's original name) :lol:, do you?

Of course you do.....

From Wikipedia:

The Garden was also infamous for several design flaws, such as seating that was obstructed by enormous cement pillars. Some seats were situated directly behind them. The hockey rink was undersized as it was nine feet shorter and two feet narrower than standard (200 feet by 85 feet), due to the rink being built at a time when the NHL did not have a standard size for rinks for arenas to go by. The setup threw visiting players off their games.

Its visitor's dressing room was notoriously small, hot, and underserved by plumbing; the Los Angeles Lakers developed a special hatred for it. Rats made the bowels of the Garden their home.

The Garden had no air conditioning, resulting in fog forming over the ice during Bruins' playoff games. During Game 5 of the 1984 NBA Finals, the 97-degree heat was so intense that oxygen tanks were provided to exhausted players; to this day this game is known as the "Heat Game."

The electrical systems were notoriously unreliable; the Bruins' last two Stanley Cup finals appearances were both disrupted by power outages. On May 24, 1988 a power transformer blew up during Game 4 of the finals series between the Bruins and the Edmonton Oilers: the contest officially ended in a 3-3 tie. However the power-outage had nothing to do with the Garden; it was a transformer in the North End that knocked out power to all areas, including the Garden. Two years later, on May 15, 1990, the lights went out during an overtime finals game between the same two teams, only because they'd been on for so long (the game went to 3 overtimes and lasted 6 hours) Luckily, the lights got turned back on this time, and Game 1 of the series ended with a 3-2 triple overtime win for the visiting Oilers.
    Native New Englander Mike Lupica referred to the Garden as a "dump", with perhaps a mixture of affection and sincerity.
    --------------------------

Other than that, I hear it was a pretty nice place :D