Hothead arrested at Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Piranha, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

this thread makes me so angry! so angry i want to punch a baby!

2. Red Hawk

Red Hawk New Member

goverment contractor, screenwriter (well hobbie un
    I would usually only comment that it sucked that some a-hole lost his temper and kicked a kid. That is seriously messed up. I would have kicked his ass too. But I have to say I do ride in the peloton and I have seen tempers flair over stupid crap. First off those guys can’t ride for crap, they’re all squirrelly out their. Secondly since they like to ride tightly together they forget the person in the front has the right to move their position first before you. I digress. My point is, I took my girlfriend out for a ride yesterday, usually not a day to see the peloton out but they were. We were riding slow and out of their way, but I found that riders didn’t like us off to the side next to the runners. So long story short we got yelled at, she was forced into the runners and joggers almost colliding with one of them after she got cut off by a rider trying to pass. I couldn’t believe what dicks some of these guys were. I was super pissed that they where pulling that crap. I almost went for a chase after the one that cut her off, I would have kick his ass of his bike. Anyhow, some people are continuing to give cyclist a bad name.

3. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Another bashing roadie thread, suprize,suprize,suprize......

4. Margaritaman

Margaritaman It's just tequila...

Sales
    We experience the same thing living a stones throw from Bonelli. It frazzled my wife the other day when she went to turn left on to San Dimas Ave and the whole crew blew the red light (like they do all the time). And they...oh nevermind.

I'm glad this guy's name is out there.

5. charlesinoc

charlesinoc Hello.

Home Page:
    Did I read this correctly? The Pasadena Police Department is asking the district attorneys office to reconsider felony charges? Why won't they charge him with a felony in the firt place. I don't understand.

6. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics

It's a bashing dumbphuck idiots on bikes that makes all cyclists look bad thread.

The fact that the person involved was on a road bike was his choice.

The reason folks seem to mostly bag on roadies is because there are more of them and percentage wise they make up the larger group of asshats on 2 wheels.

Oh well.

7. Dizle

Dizle Gear Masher

Professional Student
    what an idiot.

8. IMALLSLO

IMALLSLO S G V

I was there the night in question and although he rode the group ride,he's not a regular and this did not happen while riding with the group. He was a friend of one of the regulars. The very next Thursday,before the ride,one of the group leaders condemed his actions and stated actions like that or other conflicts wont be tolerated. It does cast a bad shadow upon what most see as a nuisance already. I do the group ride every Tues. and Thurs.,and I rarely see any conflicts between the group and other users.

9. BoingBoing

BoingBoing Team Sisyphus

manual stabilization
    The Star News article doesn't say where the accident occurred. There is a bike lane and a separate ped lane.

I'm not sure how everyone seems to know that the cyclist didn't simply overreact to something pretty heinous a stupid teenager did. There are very few facts in that short article.

10. Sewellymon

Sewellymon Member

biz man
    I ride the Bowl regularly (slowly) and have never had a problem with the Peleton as they blast by.

11. Piranha

Piranha Member

It was never my intent for this to become a roadie bashing thread. I ride a road bike as well and I apologize if my initial post came off that way. I most certainly didn't mean it to. I'd condemn this type of behavior whether an MTBer or roadie. Kicking someone and especially a kid is untolerable. An ahole is an ahole, period.

Nor have I.

12. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Chris, this pro roadie shiat will not be tolerated please cease and desist immediately or action will be taken!!!

Obviously there's more to the story or there wouldn't be any hesitation to press more serious charges.

Almost all the regulars know the general format of the Rose Bowl circuit weather they be walkers, runners, or bikers.Still there is no reason in the world why this adult should be kicking a kid and I don't condone this but it looks to me there's more to the story then we are getting here.

13. thesmokingman

thesmokingman Member

That guy is really lucky the child's father wasn't there.

14. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    I love how he asked the kid if he was ok...and then kicked him in the jaw.

15. 53-12

53-12 by design

Landscape Architecture
    I posted the following elsewhere yesterday, I'll put it up here too:

The guy who attacked the kid is a criminal and deserves to be punished appropriately. But then all the j..ks on here with their violent reactions, lumping all cyclists with this one guy are nearly as bad, and some a hearbeat away from becoming the "same" guy. Where is the rage for the 250,000 kids injured and killed by automobiles every year, after all, all drivers are the alike, right?

Some are quick to blame it on the peleton, yet in the story I read there is no mention of a group, just a lone rider. Either these people are privy to info that I do not have, or it is just another case of lumping everyone together, and hating them all.
    And then there are always the few who have to comment on the clothes, as if it is bizarre for an athlete, at whatever level, to wear clothes appropriate to their activity. I guess football players should get rid of all that padding (what kind of "real man" needs all that anyway), and baseball players, what is with that uncomfortable bulge down there, who needs a cup? Geez people if you would try doing somthing under your own power for a change, you might actually learn somthing, such as why a cyclist wears lycra. Until you have seen the streets from two wheels you have no idea what you are talking about.

By the way Vlad, if you are the same Vlad from Montrose who commented on this at the other site, thanks.

16. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Nothing a 13 year-old kid does warrants getting their face kicked-in. Yes, there are some bratty and disrespectful kids out there and on more then one occasion, I've wanted to (kick their face in). That doesn't mean I'm going to act on it. Big difference! I think the guy has some other issues going on his life and snapped at the wrong person. The fact that he was riding a bike was merely a coincidence.

17. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    Don't get off topic! This is a bashing thread. ;)

18. thesmokingman

thesmokingman Member

As I understand it, assault and battery are two different things and A&B can be charged as either a felony or misdemeanor depending on intent.

19. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:

Same Vlad. Thanks for your comments too! This thread (and STR) just shows that most bikers, cyclists, etc are good and respectful people!

I just hate any bashing of cyclists. Dirt, road, singlespeed, bmx. We are all the same Tribe! And have every right to ride where it is legal to ride.

20. Patrick

Patrick Member

Real Estate Expert
    testosterone patch