Hothead arrested at Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by Piranha, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Piranha

Piranha Member

What in the hell is wrong with people?

It's idiotic and ignorant stuff like this that gives all of us, roadies and MTBers alike a bad name with the general public. Most of whom do not know, nor care about the difference between the two. This behavior is somewhat similar to ahole MTBers coming up too fast behind hikers, equestrians and other riders with the "get the f_ck out of my way!", you're impeding my flow mentality.
    That being said, I hope the judge strings this SOB up by the nads.

2. strobelite

strobelite Banned

bicycles
    no good a$$hats.

3. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

The arrogant sense of entitlement that some of the Rose Bowl riders in their kits amazes me. I have been buzzed, yelled at, cursed at, and glared at by riders who feel it is my duty to get out of their way. This is while I'm riding 12 mph with my wife on a weekday cruise.
    We now prefer to ride the beach paths but there are peloton poseurs out there too.

4. Rawhead

Rawhead Member

Amazing how people forget the basic yield laws. Poor 13 year old kid was run over... then kicked in the face. Nice.

5. Iwannabinsocal

Iwannabinsocal boutique brand elitist

I have a fun job
    I would seriously beat the crap out of anyone who treated me like that on a trail not to mention my own 14 yr old son, they would learn real quick they do not own the path/road. My tolerance level is dwindling fast on azzclowns that think their ride is more important than anyone else's....

6. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

What a dick-head! The Rose Bowl is full of recreational users and families. Very common to see a group of moms pushing their strollers while talking and sipping on their latte's. Why would this jack-ass 1, be going so fast around kids and families? 2, get so angry and kick the poor kid? He's lucky the kids dad wasn't around to pummel his stupid-ass for assaulting his son and a kid, of all people.

I'm happy he was arrested and charged but a misdermeanor is all they're willing to charge him with? I thought a blatant assault is considered a felony. Bottom line, karma will catch-up with the prick and he'll get his in due time.

"Teal will be tried for a misdemeanor- the city does not have the power to charge him with a felony. The county's District Attorney office, which has jurisdiction for a felony, has so far declined to charge him, said Orozco."

7. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    The guy needs to get his wheels taken and auctioned off at the very least. Jail time even better. But these cowads never go after folks their own size.

Hope the kids family get a good attorney and nail the p rick in a civil suit.

As for the peds at the Rose bowl, there is a large % of them that go in the wrong direction. I have hit more than few who are not paying attention.

Even had one try to get the cops to arrest me for hitting her and knocking her on her ass. When I told of her "wrong ways" and pointed to the signs and street markings, she became enraged. The cop also explained the rules of the raod to her and she got even more upset as she realized she was in the wrong but couldn't wrap her head around it. The cop asked her if she wanted to calm down an go on her merry way or be cited? She walked off in a tizzy.

In all honesty, I have little respect for the roadies I see here in SoCal. There are exceptions I know, but I have yet to see one cyclist follow the rules of the road here. every one I have witnessed has blown stop signs/red lights. Pulled back into traffic from riding the sidewalks and vice-versa.

Even their attitude towards other cyclists is appalling.

8. ubermensch

ubermensch New Member

You can't have your pie and eat it too. :lol:

As I see it, this sounds like a case where someone over-reacted. Throwing every other cyclist under the truck just because one guy lost his cool is just more of the same, imho.

9. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:
    This idiot did a bad thing and has to pay for it. Absolutely idiotic and dangerous. I do hope that after he serves jail time he also spends a lifetime of paying back a civil suite award.

Worst is he makes us all look bad. Unlike some of the other opinions on this thread I am absolutely convinced that not all roadies are like this and that the absolute vast majority of Rose Bowl riders would never be so stupid, and would never under any circumstances assault a child (or anyone for that matter, just because they got in their way). Most of the Rose Bowl riders (myself included) appreciate everyone who takes the time and effort to get up, off their a$$, and out there for some type of recreation. The absolute vast majority of roadies also follow the rules of the road and would not do anything that would endanger themselves or others using the road.

10. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

he was angry he couldnt ride the gabes......

11. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    "He made a comment to officers indicating that he had been pretty angry about the incident," said Wallace.

cleary still upset over the USC loss. btw - what a douche

12. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Living and being around Sierra Madre, I've had my share of unruly roadies who think they own the streets. I'm not too sure about most obeying rules or laws as I've seen the vast majority blow through stop signs doing 10-20 mph with no regard to the cars who have had the right of way. I had one guy give me the finger and curse at me as I honked at him for running the stop sign as I was already into the intersection and almost hit him. Some of these guys are so competitive and their main objective is to catch the main group or stay with them, at all cost. I'll go ahead and make a generalization but most roadie's have an elitist mentality and how you dress and what bike you ride seems to be a big part of the acceptance equation. That being said, mountain bikers also have imperfections and a sense of elitism. I mean, who here has not looked at the guy next to you and realized what a POS he/she is riding and automatically was drawn to conclusions on what type of rider he/she might be. We're all guilty of such stereo types. I just get more of a camaraderie and friendly vibe from mountain bikers. Just ride your damn bike and mind your p's and q's. Very simple. My 2 pennies.

13. MountainCycler

MountainCycler OTB

Enterprise Architect at Warner Bros. in Burbank, C
    Home Page:
  14. MountainCycler

MountainCycler OTB

Enterprise Architect at Warner Bros. in Burbank, C
    Home Page:
    xoxo

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
  15. Iwannabinsocal

Iwannabinsocal boutique brand elitist

I have a fun job

I am raging to meet "timmy".....bring it on

16. vlad

vlad Montrose Bike Shop

Home Page:

Just posted. had to put in my 2 cents.

17. strobelite

strobelite Banned

bicycles
    im commenting on the a$$hats too.:wave:

18. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics

I made that mistake when I was first riding in HI. This guy had the oldest looking POS I have seen on the trail - and the guy smoked everyone of us on every ride.

Plus he was as cool as they come - always going out of his way to offer water, food, instruction, etc. just to make sure the other's rides were more memorable than the last.

19. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

Would it be wrong for me to say, "I hope this self absorbed douche bag gets raped in county jail"? After all with his shaved legs and what not, he's probably the closest thing they have to a woman.
    I'm just saying...

20. davidB

davidB Active Member