Holy Jim to Trabuco 12-30-05

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by CalEpic, Dec 30, 2005.

1. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Holy Jim/Trabuco loop. Most of us on this ride had a great time today. We started out with IntenseKipp, Ladd Jasper, FXRob, Banana Seat and myself straight off 3 weeks of colds and flu. About a third of the way up Holy Jim, we stopped to regroup and Ladd Jasper is MIA. Rob went back to look for him and never saw him. We were a little worried but knew that if a hungry mountain lion found him, Ladd Jasper could blind him with the new bike bling and have something interesting to tell his wife other than "I had some troubles with my new bike". So then there was 4. Once we reached Main Divide, Kipper tells us he's not going to continue on to Trabuco. Something about a party I think. In reality, I think he just wanted some quality time with the 3 1/2" of honest to goodness lovin' one can only experience on a borrowed Epic. :-$ So then there was 3. At this point Banana Seat kicks in the after burner on main divide. I swear I saw the MFer in the big ring blazing past me uphill. We bombed down Trabuco and I flatted about 2/3 of the way down. Stan's couldn't seal this puncture so the others patiently waited for me to put a tube in. We finished up without further event. Rob and I stopped at Cooks for a little grub to cap it off.

Great ride today guys.
    There's a few pics in the album. I'm not sure how to paste them in this message from there.
    C

edited by george (copy paste the code from the photo page)
    [albumimg:e315305cb0]307[/albumimg:e315305cb0]

[albumimg:e315305cb0]306[/albumimg:e315305cb0]

[albumimg:e315305cb0]305[/albumimg:e315305cb0]

[albumimg:e315305cb0]304[/albumimg:e315305cb0]

2. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Sounds like it was an "awesome ride". I had to pack my stuff as I am in the middle of moving. Also, the waves have been firing all week long so i had to get some more barrels while I can in the morning before the wind gets to it.

P.S. If you look at the picture of Rob and Aldo, they both appear to be wearing the same shorts! Was this coordinated last night? \:D/

3. Ladd Jasper

Ladd Jasper Full speed, half blind

Sorry about the no-notice bail, guys. Was having some issues with the bike and frustration got the best of me--I just turned tail and bolted. Rob, hope you didn't go far looking for me. Thanks though, bro. Will get the kinks worked out soon I hope, 'cause right now it's one big expensive paperweight!

Glad you had a good ride. Was the perfect day for it. Damn.

4. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    Of course we coordinated outfits, but we didn't have the same jersey so we just had to stick with shorts only :?:

Dell, I did go back looking for you twice actually. No biggie, just wanted to make sure you weren't stuck with an inoperable bike.....but when I backtracked past the point I last saw you I knew you must have just turned around a ridden out. If you got my message let me know if you need some help getting that "very expensive paperweight" into action.

Craig, props to you for making it all they way to Trabuco (coughing the whole way). The downhill on Trabuco was worth it though (even with a flat tire), I love that trail.

Aldo, thanks for the ride down Trabuco Creek rd. Sorry about the grip, but see if you would have upgraded your fork then it would have never happened :lol: You should have seen what that road did to Bret's truck bed the last time we went #-o

5. bananaseat

bananaseat Member

my first ride on that loop. i can only echo the previous threads... great ride. Dale, glad to hear you're O.K. If it's any conciliation, you've got a nice looking paper weight... j/k, look forward to future rides with you on your new rig...

6. Von-Skipp

Von-Skipp FLOW

Student
    Glad you guys made it to Trabucco!! That is a bitchin trail and worth the climbs.

I felt bad cutting my ride short due to time restraint but I did have some quality alone time with the Epic going down HolyJim.

PS: still have not gotten my fork back from PUSH :(