Hole/Thread Size for Der Hanger?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Flat Broke, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Flat Broke

Flat Broke Bikes don't kill bunnies

Jack of all trades, master of some
    Does anyone know the size and thread count for a rear derailer mounting bolt? My brother, needs a new dropout/hanger for his bike and I need to pick up a tap for that part when I get done machining it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Edit, Search first, ask later ;) Looks like its 10mmx1mm.

2. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

I have the tap if you don't want to buy it. Funny you are asking about this as I'm getting ready to make a few also.

3. Flat Broke

I'll let you know on the tap Dave. Ty might be able to rig a Kona Cowan dropout/der hanger to fit with a little love. I appreciate the offer on the tap, but you know how it is with the tools, always buy if you have the $$ cause you never know when you or your buddies will need it again. We just roughed one out on the bandsaw then used the mill to bring it down to the proper thickness and leave the gay little tang that locates inside the slider in the frame.

Now Ty just realized that he doesn't have a cable stop for a front der and he wants to run one for a while... you know what that means. I told him just sell the frame, forget the headaches and pick up somethin else :D Should have my rig together tomorrow (wasted the morning picking up that dropout for Ty)

Mark just got a new Dawg Deluxe (was too weight concious to go with the coiler), poped for a Vanilla RLC (I think) and should be good to go. Hopefully we'll be able to get out to Del Cerro within the next 2 weeks.

Chris

4. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

yeah, you could buy that tap for less then the gas to come out and use mine. I hate making those things. Only doing it to help a friend out. Other wise his frame would be junk.
    Ty should run (not walk but run) down to W.W. and pick up one of those Giants. It will pedal up hill as well or better then any dirt jump bike for sure. That's the deal of the lifetime right now I think.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2931

5. Flat Broke

I agree, but his wedding is in under 4 weeks, so even though its dirt cheap, I dont think its in the cards. Hopefully he'll get the dropout/hanger issue resolved today or tomorrow.

Chris