Hockey History (Ducks vs. Kings)

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by XcShane, May 1, 2014.

1. coolbreeze

coolbreeze Looking for the gun show?

Hill Climber
  2. booger

booger Member

/\
    Even the Ducks girls think the KINGS are #1
    Helluva series!!

GKG

3. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

seen at Staples center
    [​IMG]

4. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

5. socalMX

socalMX Member

Yet STILL a joke.... duck fans, mwahahaha....

6. socalMX

socalMX Member

I called it! Game 7 is gonna be fun! What a game tonight, that 2nd period and end of the 3rd was insane!!! GO KINGS GO!!!!!!

7. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Kings 2 Ducks 1 Final
    (series tied 3-3)

[​IMG]

Three Stars Of The Game
    3rd star: Jake Muzzin (Los Angeles Kings)
    2nd star: Anze Kopitar (Los Angeles Kings)

And the 1st Star of the Game, from YOOOUR Anaheim Ducks....
    Magna "The Jinx" Graecia
    :clap:
    (Tried to tell everyone---> He is a... jinx!!!)

8. Magna_Graecia

Magna_Graecia Tapia Bunny Slayer

Translator, Monkey Boy
    @Mayor Brown: Enjoy this evening; it will only make the inevitable crushing disappointment that you'll be subjected to that much more enjoyable. You should've kept all of that Ducks stuff you won; it would've made joining the winning team less painful on your wallet.

9. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    At least Gaborik didn't score... Uh oh, why do I get the feeling I just set the stage for a Gaborik hat trick in game 7.

Go Ducks - please remember to play while on the ice!
    Hint: you are just as entitled to a loose puck as the Kings, you just have to go get it. #-o

10. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    Aaaaaaaagggggghhhhh

Can the Ducks be any worse? Oh yes they can, just neutralized a PP by a stupid penalty. Wow - this is epicly bad. Remember, I rooted for the Broncos too.

11. Makoto

Makoto Outdoor'ist

Perry melt down.

12. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    What a great gesture of class, sportsmanship and respect from the Kings for Selanne. Awesome. Congrats Dino and Kings. Go get 'em!

13. Kriller134

Kriller134 Member

Who's down to go to selanne steakhouse to pay him a visit? Heard he'll be tending the bar once a week.

14. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    I'm in! Seriously, it's like a half mile from my house. If we can find out when he's there, I'd love to pay him a visit.

BTW, it was nice of the Ducks to show up and start playing with 10 mins. left in the game. Very entertaining, hard skating, hard-hitting hockey from that point forward. The first 50 minutes was a lackluster, uninspired, mid-season slump performance.

15. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    That was horrible!
    Kings deserved it, Ducks did not; they never showed up.

16. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    The KINGS big guns showed up when it counted. Everyone got in on the scoring. The Hawks are going to be a tough out, but so were the Sharks and Ducks. I really liked the effort last night which is what they'll need to bring tomorrow vs the Hawks. GO KINGS GO!

17. XcShane

XcShane Member

Congrats to the KINGS and their fans! Bragging rights well earned, that's for sure. :clap: Here are some thoughts KING Dino style:

1. The KINGS simply TOOK Game 7. They clearly wanted it more and unleashed a beat down. Spectacular performance.
    2. Mad respect for the KINGS in doing so and for sticking around for the Selanne "goodbye". Class act right there.
    3. Watching the whole series, my eyes were opened a bit regarding C.Perry. He's never going to be a favorite player of mine.
    4. For some strange reason, I feel the Ducks had to "pay their dues" to the longer running cross town rival.

It was a great series. Here's hoping for many more playoff battles in the future between them. While I am a Duck fan, I'm not a KING hater. I'll be eagerly watching to see how they fair against the defending champs again. Despite all they have accomplished so far, I do think they're going to need a bit of luck. (the Ducks would've of needed it as well). Although Chicago better hope the series doesn't go 7!

18. guero

guero iFroth

Was comedy to see so many Ducks "fans" leaving before the end of the game and missing Teemu's final goodbye. I wonder how many of them even knew it was Teemu's last game in the NHL?
    [​IMG]

19. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

I know this is technically the Kings / Ducks thread....

Did anyone see the beat down the Kings put on the Chicago Blackhawks last night (to take a 3-1 series lead)? Holy smokes!!!!!!!!!!

Dare I say they looked even MORE dominant than they did in 2012! Ridiculously solid (shutdown) defense. Power play was on fire. RIDICULOUSLY crisp passing. Pearson and Toffoli (young kids) were on the ice at crunch time---> Maximum respect! How many pucks did the Kings players get to first? How many times did they skate away with the puck (1 King vs. 2 Blackhawks)? How many times did a Kings player poke the puck away? No matter what team you root for, the Kings Game 4 performance was impressive!!!

Random Thoughts:
    -If you are unable to see how important Willie Mitchell is to the Kings defense, I highly suggest you get your eyes checked. He punishes the other teams forwards. He keeps the front of the net clear. He is smart. He pushes the puck out of harms way if he can not clear the zone. He neutralize the opposition. He does not get flustered. Chicago has no answer!!! It is NO ACCIDENT the Kings stepped-up their (defensive) game the same time Willie made his way back onto the ice! Note: When Regehr returns to the ice, the Kings defense will only get better / more dominant)! Note 2: When Regehr returns, the defense may also lose a step. No matter to me- He is dominant on the boards and in front of the net.

When the Kings made their run in 2012, Carter, Dwight King (a young rookie who most expected would be on the bench), Richards and Jordan Nolan (he hit everyone in sight / chased down pucks / was on the ice for many of the kings most critical moments) elevated their games. Note: Every King elevated his game.! This year, Carter, Doughty and Kopi are on fire. With that said, I am MOST IMPRESSED with Pearson and Toffoli (they are playing like all stars). Most improved must go to Kyle Clifford. In two years he has morphed from a marginally talented goon (sorry) to a very solid player- who gives it 110% every time he is on the ice. he is also a much faster skater this year than in years past. His reward: Playoff ice time! Honorable mention: Jake Muzzin. I've always "liked" Muzzin. Have always been frustrated by his many mistakes. He has really stepped it up. Unsung Hero's: Lewis and Stoll (all they do is play hard).

Rant Over!
    (Sparing evryone my 500 page Manifesto)

20. melster

melster Member

Software
    Gaborik has been solid too.

It's just so entertaining watching them play. My wife doesn't know what offsides, icing, etc. are, but she's getting really into it.