Historic Cycling Doc at Hollywood and Vine

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by klunkerbill, Jun 5, 2007.

1. klunkerbill

klunkerbill klunkhead

Film Producer
    Home Page:
    Hey Everybody,
    I made a documentary about the history of the sport that keeps us muddy and bloody. KLUNKERZ looks at the cyclists of the San Francisco Bay Area during the years 1968-1983, and the impact they had on the global cycling industry. Somehow this handful of hippy/athletes created a form of recreation for the masses, a mulit-billion dollar industry, and an Olympic sport. I've searched the globe for images and footage of the early days of Klunking and it's all in there. There is also some really great 'Cross and Road racing of the guys from the early '70s. It's taken me nearly three years, nonstop, to complete. The film was nominated for Best Documentary and Emerging Filmmaker awards at the X-dance Action Sports Awards. Gary even took home a Lifetime Achievement Award there. The film also won Best Documentary at the Durango Independent Film Festival. I hope you'll consider coming to the Hollywood Premiere. The screening is at The Vine Street Theater on Hollywood near Vine on Saturday, June 30th at 5:00 pm. It's part of the BFF, so there will be FREE BIKE VALET! I'll have my 1935 and 1938 Klunkerz on display, as well as some other 'real' historic rides. Gary Fisher, Charlie Kelly and several other legendary pioneers will be there, too. Please check out www.klunkerz.com and sign the 'guest book' if you'd like to be kept up to speed on screenings DVD release etc.
    Ride on,
    Klunkerbill
    P.S. Here's a shot from the premiere. Lot's of trails under these guys. Can you name them?

Attached Files: