Hikers in HJ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcampbell, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

If you want to get lost in holy Jim or trubuco you have three options , acid , mushrooms and/or natural selection has selected for your genes to not survive another generation

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. dudevf1

dudevf1 New Member

Great stuff! Shows that they should have saved the county money and just sent the Highkers' moms and any little kids from the area on the trails to search for them. great reunuion footage of moms hiking with favorite pillows and blankets meeting dazed Highkers fighting off pythons like an air guitarist.

3. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
  4. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Todays 5/1/13 OC Registar

More than $160,000 was spent to find lost hikers, officials say Authorities aren’t seeking repayment, but supervisor wants liability inquiry
    A massive search operation that began Easter Sunday for two teenagers lost while hiking in rugged terrain around Holy Jim Canyon cost more than $160,000, authorities said Tuesday. The fourday hunt for Kyndall Jack, 18, and Nicolas Cendoya, 19, in the thorny chaparral included search teams from numerous local agencies. The Orange County Sheriff’s Department provided 728 man-hours of support, and the Orange County Fire Authority spent $55,000, a figure that included helicopter support. Officials say they will not seek reimbursement for the cost of the rescue effort. The Orange County Board of Supervisors authorizes the Sheriff’s Department “to engage in search and rescue activities within the county where individuals’ lives are at risk,” the Sheriff’s Department said. Jack and Cendoya of Costa Mesa embarked on a popular trail leading to a waterfall. By nightfall, the pair realized they were lost and placed a pair of 911 calls on a dying cellphone. Personnel from the sheriff’s departments of Orange, Riverside and Los Angeles counties searched for signs of the pair on foot, on horseback and by helicopter. In addition, reserve deputies and volunteers with bloodhounds spent more than 1,900 man-hours searching for the teenagers. Three days into the search, Cendoya was discovered confused and surrounded by thick brush. The next day, Jack was found lying on a rocky ledge. She was hypothermic, confused and showing signs of dehydration. A reserve deputy was seriously injured while trying to reach Jack. Both hikers have said they don’t remember how they got separated. Since a criminal investigation was not launched, Orange County Sheriff’s Department investigators did not ask the hikers to submit to toxicology testing, said Gail Krause, a Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman. “We found no evidence to substantiate that, and there is no further investigation,” Krause said. However, Supervisor Todd Spitzer is requesting an investigation to determine if the hikers set in motion a series of events in which they should be held legally and financially responsible. “I’m asking the Office of Risk Management to work with the Sheriff’s Department and other agencies to get as many facts as possible so supervisors can make a decision as to whether or not the hikers are responsible for the cost of the rescue,” Spitzer said. CONTACT THE WRITER: 714-704-3709 or [email protected]

5. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    Love it.. why is it I can get asked/forced to submit to toxicology testing at a DUI checkpoint or if I was pulled over if they have reasonable cause, yet these two dip shits did not have to submit to any testing since there was no criminal investigation? What would have prompted a Criminal Investigation? Seems like everyone including authorities noted in the article above know they were on something.. I'm curious as to why being lost for 4 days a mile from your car didn't warrant reasonable cause to test them.. seems crazy..

6. Winger

Winger Member

7. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

No one, not the authorities, the individuals involved, their friends or family, or the rescuers, have provided any kind of physical evidence that these two were high on anything other than stupidity.

8. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

Family is not gonna say anything....."what would the public think?"

Authorities are gonna say anything without proof......family could sue for slander.

Friends are not gonna say anything....then they would no longer be friends.

However, didn't one of the Facebook page get pulled down during this? Could it be because of the negative statements that those in the know where making?

Anyway, I thought this was buried and gone. We all had moved on to more interesting topics.

9. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

Their stupidity is proof enough for me.
    If these two are actually that stupid then they should be sterilized and be put under 24/7 parental supervision.

10. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=9087233 MISSION VIEJO, Calif. (KABC) -- A teenage hiker who was rescued after going missing in Trabuco Canyon in March was charged Wednesday with possession of methamphetamine.
    Nicolas Cendoya, 19, and his friend, 18-year-old Kyndall Jack, went missing while hiking on Easter Sunday, March 31. They were each found separately several days later.
    The Orange County District Attorney's Office said methamphetamine was found in Cendoya's parked car in the Cleveland National Forest.
    Cendoya was charged with one felony count of unlawful possession of methamphetamine. Jack is not charged at this time, according to the district attorney's office.
    Orange County officials said earlier they would not seek reimbursement for the more than $160,000 spent rescuing the pair.
    There was a request for an investigation to determine if the hikers set in motion a series of events in which they should be held legally and financially responsible.
    Investigators did not ask the hikers to submit to toxicology testing after their rescue.
    (Copyright ©2013 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

No reason not to be stupid if there are no consequences to be paid.

11. rjcsocal

rjcsocal Member

According to the Daily Pilot -- the cost of the 5-day rescue is $160,000. Paraphrasing -- the teens won't be responsible b/c they are county residents. Didn't mention anything about the meth.

12. Pho'dUp

P-line rider
  13. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

14. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

Finally! Someone has shown some kind of proof. Before I saw this article, I refused to knee jerk or rush to judgement based on media reports or rumor. IF he is found guilty, then he should be held liable. I hope the cops had a warrant...

15. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    Is it true that when they were found they claimed they were actually looking for P***ies in Aliso?

16. dudevf1

dudevf1 New Member

So you somehow elevate the hikers' explanation as truth? "I don't remember what happened, but I was attacked by an animal, fought them off, and I don't remember, except for the python..." You believe that crap? or if that was the truth that it was the result of a sober mind?

Listening to their pathetic explanation and then concluding that they were on drugs is reasonable-not knee jerk.

17. Pho'dUp

P-line rider
    Bitch set me up! -Nicky C

[​IMG]

18. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

Never "elevated" anything. Never said what they said was "truth".

I just said that I had not seen any proof that they were anything other than stupid. Today it came to light that drugs were found in the guys car. I admitted that now there was proof.

19. FlynRide

FlynRide New Member

So up until today when the Meth was publicized, you honestly believed that they were not under any controlled substance???

You may be STR OG but.....If you believed they were just lost and dehydrated, you should have your head examined and your MTB card pulled.

20. guero

guero iFroth

He isn't STR OG.