Hi from a winter visitor!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nicolai, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Nicolai

Nicolai New Member

Wife grew up in Glendora, so we spend every Christmas with her family here. Typically three weeks. As some might understand, cycling the hills on a daily basis becomes a necessity in a situation like this. Not only for me, but both of us. Our son, now 14, also rides but find the pampering and constant sweet treats presented by grandma altogether too tempting to vacate the house for any period of time.

We mostly ride from the front door to the Monroe TT, Garcia trail or Marshall. Also fire road exploring is a pleasant diversion from our Utah homegrounds of Moab, where near unsurmountable rocky obstacles litter the trails every few yards. Once or twice per trip we venture over to the Mt Wilson area.

A big thanks to the STR resources which have helped tremendously over the years when hunting for trail info.

I do have to admit to the fact that we also ride on pavement, and with great joy even, so GMR and the all the worldclass switchbacky mountain terrain beyond is also appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

:welcome:

3. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    Hey Nicolai, welcome aboard. My partner and I met up with you on Friday about noon, we finished riding Monroe about the same time you and your family did. Good to see you on here. Hope it stays dry enough for you and the family to get some good rides in while you're here. Take care and Merry Christmas. -Lloyd :wave:

4. Coach2win

Coach2win New Member

Lucky you...When I visit the in laws I'm stuck in Louisiana no mountain biking for me. I tried once, I think I was the only one in the State with a mountain bike trying to find trails to ride and explore....enjoy!