Hey kids, its story time, Adventures in Craigslist!!/merged!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by guero, Jun 8, 2011.

1. babu9000

babu9000 New Member

I swear it is 100% true and here is $400 of the $1200 as proof. Who keeps money like this? A friend of mine had the same reaction that she may be a "professional dancer" for the record I don't think she was, not that there is anything wrong with that...
    IMG_0002.JPG

2. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    Did you keep her number? If nothing else, she sounds like a great riding partner (if you're single) ;P

3. jimbowho

jimbowho Member

Water bringer.
    She obviousley know's what's up! A Salsa Kaboing for crying out loud. I still want one. Maybe the big Mama.

Bought a old GT tandem last month. "It's repaired now" I asked the guy to help me load it in my van. He says, can you pay me first? I'm thinking Jeeeepers! Did
    he think I was going to do the bank robber drive away trick?

Sold a fridge to a little old lady. She low balled for 100.00 and asked if I can deliver. I said if you pay full asking price I will help you out, but that means pulling it
    out of my van, and where it sits is delivered. I get there and a flock of strong teenagers come out and grab it like a keg. She tricked me, but oh well a good deed .

4. jcw

jcw New Member

yeah, I've got one
    In today's Inland Empire Craig's List... in the bicycles section LOL

5. geek

geek Member

what type of "labor"?

6. cyclotourist

cyclotourist Member

Just saw that ad last night... Good times in Big Bear!

7. throttlemire

throttlemire New Member

Magazine Publisher
    Home Page:
    I've bought and sold many things on Clist - expensive stuff like SeaDoos, cars, MTBs (actually both of my 29ers) and cheap stuff like kid's toys. For the expensive stuff, I state lowballers will be ignored and I only respond to people who call or provide a phone number after a few emails back and forth. You can find out in 2 minutes on the phone if someone is serious or someone you even want to deal with. Clist is one of the best things on the Internet! Also, there is a way to search Clist nationwide: http://www.searchtempest.com/
    Also, this site and MTBR.com are even better places for gear. The important thing to remember is that you have to price your stuff right. People are expecting deals - if your stuff is close to retail, then you will get a bunch of low offers.

8. cyclotourist

cyclotourist Member

Craiggers also works okay... not fantastic. The current iteration of Jaxed uses it. It leaves off some postings that I can find on local CL. Nothing beats the original Jaxed though...

9. blindman_22

blindman_22 HAB Crew President

computer stuff
  10. jcw

jcw New Member

yeah, I've got one
    ^^^^^^^^^^ with that bike, breaking 44 minutes should be a breeze...

11. merc13000

merc13000 Member

Industrial Tool Sales
    Craigslist is great. In fact most of my bikes and my GF's bikes have been bought off of CL. I just recently bought her a Rockhopper 29 which was my first 100% complete retail bike purchase. There are some interesting people on there tough!

Just be aware that people don't know how to read anymore and just look at picture and price! I once sold a hardtail frame, crankset and cockpit(handlebars, grips, shifters etc) and included a picture of what the entire bike used to look like for reference in the post. I made sure to mention "this is not for a complete bike" and also listed out which parts were included for the price one by one.

I.E. Includes:
    Frame, Fork, Handlebars, Shifters, Crankset, Brake cables

I swear I must have had 15 replies within 1 hour asking to see "the bike". After asking each one if they understood it wasn't a complete bike they seemed like a deer in the headlights. One person even kept trying to barter to buy the whole bike even though I said I didn't have the complete bike anymore. VERY frustrating to know reading is not a basic skillset anymore#-o

12. jokercykoe

jokercykoe New Member

Nurse
    Home Page:
    I buy and sell on craigslist all the time. Majority of my bikes, bike parts have been from CL. Great deals to be had. When selling I'll typically list it a little higher than I'm expecting to get since 99% of the time the buyer will lowball you. A lot of lowballers, flakers, etc, but if you have something that people want it gets scooped up fairly quickly.

13. Johnnyfattire

Johnnyfattire Member

Electrician
    I found a bike on CL and the guy was in Irvine. We agreed to meet at his place in the morning to look at it, I live in Brea. I drive all the way down there to find out this guy lives on campus, and after knocking on his apt. door for 15 min,, his roommates opened the door, knew nothing about him selling his bike, the guy never woke up as his roommates tried to get him. Not only did I not but the bike, The picture of the bike on CL was not the same bike he had in his apt. I wasted 2 hours of my life driving to Irvine and back.