Had my hands on one of these the other day . . . . .

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by rjcsocal, Nov 29, 2011.

1. wraschke

wraschke New Member

Student
    You guys talk about how some bikes are cheaper then this bike. Those brakes you CANT GET, those wheels are sold out as soon as they come into stock at zipp, that bar and stem combo is about 900 bucks at retail. That frame is lighter, stiffer then anything made out there. Look at the cervelo R5 it's a hunk of crap in comparison to this bike. Oh and its one of 150, about 100 of those going to specialized higher ups and industry big wigs. 50 actually made open to the public. I can drive down PCH and see 1000 S works tarmacs, venges or roubaix's all great bikes, or cologanos, or any brand you want to give me. You wont see another Venge McClaren EVER. I've seen this bike in real life its dope as hell. And I can barely tolerate road bikes, i use mine to train for XC races.

2. trailninja

trailninja Going Slideways!!!!

Quality Engineer
    That's a really really nice bike more like a work of art. I am guessing but I think the price tag is inline with the R & D cost to produce the bike. Its also set that high to be exclusive too the few that can shell out that type of cash. On the bright side you will get lifetime tuneups. :)

3. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    Can you get the lifetime tune-ups at the McLaren facility in Woking, England?

Now that just might make it worth the entrance fee...

4. Heyitsdave

Heyitsdave Member

Meh, just another bike I'll pass on my Townie.

5. wraschke

wraschke New Member

Student
    If you see a venge youll notice a wave in the carbon around the bb and head tube, to make it that light but stiff took 6 years, the bb is redesigned to make it more aero, the fork is designed to be more aero, 2 position seat post(0 offset makes you look like a goof) theres a lot more to the bike then just the name.