Downhill Gwin to ride for Trek

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by CalEpic, Nov 9, 2010.

1. CalEpic

CalEpic member

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/aaron-gwin-to-ride-for-trek-in-2011.html

Trek World Racing Announce Downhill Line Up for 2011 – Addition of Gwin Highlights a Stacked Roster
    [​IMG]23 Degrees Sports Management is thrilled to announce the addition of Aaron Gwin (USA) to the Trek World Racing 2011 downhill roster.
    Currently the UCI World #3, Gwin will race a Team-issued Trek Session 88 throughout the 2011 World Cup calendar.
    A relative newcomer to the sport, Gwin has experienced a meteoric rise in his young career and is widely known as one of America’s brightest downhill stars.
    “I’m really excited to be joining Trek World Racing. I’ve looked up to Trek bicycles since I was a kid watching Lance Armstrong win the Tours so to be a part of that same American brand and adding to that racing heritage is pretty cool. The support this team provides is second to none and I believe I’ll have all the tools I’ll need to achieve my goals.” Aaron said.
    Returning for 2011 will be World Champion Tracy Moseley (GBR), World Silver Medalist Neko Mulally (USA), and World Top 10 rider Justin Leov (NZL).
    All three riders have had their best career years while riding aboard Trek, and are looking forward to welcoming Aaron to the team.
    Tracy said, “It’s great to be returning to Trek World Racing for a 3rd year and this time in the World Champion’s jersey! I’m looking forward to an exciting year and hope to be able to help Trek World Racing become the number one team in 2011.”
    The title sponsor is as excited about the 2011 roster as the team is. When asked about the brand’s involvement with the team, Trek Vice President Joe Vadeboncoeur remarked, “Trek is more dedicated than ever to racing and to the Trek World Racing Team. Its value to our product development and brand is immeasurable but beyond that, we really, really just like to race. Our roster is filled with young talent that is going to provide a lot of energy mixed with mature riders that will continue to produce results. Our intention is to be at the top level of racing at all disciplines.”
    Justin said today: “I know this program as well as I know the bike, inside out now, and working with amazingly focused people is what I’m all about. I look forward to having a solid crew of staff and riders to work alongside these next two years and a lot of fun times and great rides along the way. I just want to get on with it for 2011 and prove I can put down great race runs in the World Cups and at World Champs. ”
    Neko said today: “I’m really looking forward to racing next year. To have such top notch support and a great group of people around me allows me to be the best I can be. I have taken in a lot this past year with Trek World Racing and with a better understanding of racing at the professional level I can’t wait to put down some solid performances in 2011.”

2. OMR

OMR Old Man Riding...

Realtor
    I really feel sorry for these guys... all the time and effort they have to put into riding a bike.... yeah, right! I put this right up there with helicopter ski guiding. God did not create all people equal.... some are more equal that others!

3. BandMan

BandMan New Member

Must be disappointing for Yeti. This guy's a Phenom. Money talks yet again:confused:?

4. eruizela

eruizela mountain bike addict

Realtor
    Gwin is a bad ass. Good for him

5. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    As a diehard Yeti fan, I am once again disappointed. If you take the last three guys to leave Yeti - Leov, Blenkinsop and now Gwin, and total up their WC points from last year, you have a landslide victory for the manufacturer. I know Yeti can't match the dollars paid for these athletes, but they should get kickbacks from Trek, Santa Cruz, GT, Cannondale, Specialized, LaPierre and more for finding and developing such great talents before losing them. Tomac, Furtado, Juarez, Giove, Rockwell, Rennie, Blenkinsop, Leov and now Gwin. Probably many more I forgot.

Yeti dumps a ton of money in to the Mountain States Cup developing regional talent. Something the big bike companies don't do. They also have no board of directors - just a dozen bike guys (and gals) who run the whole company, top to bottom (not including the laborers and management in Taiwan - oops, did I say that?). So, now that leaves Schusler in DH - a guy who can't seem to qualify for a WC - yet. They still have 09 World Champ Graves and '10 National Champ Milan in 4x, but....that's not the glam side of the sport. Who's next?

6. FlynRide

FlynRide New Member

Money always talks. Show me someone who chooses less money and I'll show you a moron.

7. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Maybe Big House will find another hidden gem in the moto world.

8. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    Yes, and for his efforts, House got dropped. C'mon Yeti - show a brother some love! If Big House finds another great rider like Gwin, he'll be aboard an Intense.

9. mblakely

mblakely New Member

Yeti still has Graves for 4x the World Champ. I don't see Trek as a DH company, but they could make some wicked light carbon dh frames and push technology further. I hope Gwin ****s "teammate" Emily Batty [​IMG]

This season the battle is between Atherton (if he wants another WC title), Greg Minnaar (if he stays healthy), Sam Hill, and Gwin.

It seems Yeti has some of the best off bike coaching and conditioning, and Trek has some of the plushest accommodations for their team, so congratulations to Gwin for getting a sick tour bus and raise, go USA!

10. herzalot

EdgeUCater
    Yum!

I don't know if Gwin's girlfriend will drive him Batty...:-k :clap:

11. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Rich mentioned that Gwinny moved to Temecula and has become the shovel master at the Rainbow trails!!!

12. Falconer

Falconer Who are you? who who

Falconer/Animal trainer
    I thought I saw him over at Vail Lake a couple of times. I will have to hit the 951s for confirmation.

13. A D NOH

A D NOH Custom Newbie Title

Motivational Speaker for Kids
    Gwin flies! One time I was watching some bootleg video of some guys riding poop chute. Then I ran the video simultaneously with my footage and I couldn't beleive how freaking fast he was. I didn't even realize people could ride that section THAT fast! Then I slowly learned who Gwin was and it all made sense!

It was amazing.

I hope he does really well on Trek! Best of luck to him!

14. Rondo

Rondo Member

Captain, USMC
    I've heard the same thing. Some of the new jumps up high are his.

15. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I wonder what they're going to pay him.I know some of the contracts are performance driven but I'd like to know what his base is.

16. mblakely

mblakely New Member

17. Falconer

Falconer Who are you? who who

Falconer/Animal trainer
    I think Emily Batty is Treks Pro racer bait . Does Yeti have anything like that to offer?
    A tour bus, fatter pay check, hot team mate to pass the miles with........ see ya Yeti!

18. bing!

bing! Active Member

:bang::bang::bang:

19. denmother

denmother Gone riding....