Grasslands Trail, Calabasas RR

Discussion in 'Trail Conditions' started by hellboundheroic, May 1, 2008.

1. hellboundheroic

hellboundheroic The iron never lies.

So this is the first RR I've posted. This trail is one of my regular rides. I started at the De Anza Park trail head on Lost Hills Rd. in Calabasas and took Grasslands Trail well into Malibu Creek State Park. It's about 4 miles one way, I'm still working on putting a good loop together, any suggestions are appreciated!

Grasslands trail is in great shape except for being pretty overgrown in some spots. Nothing is overgrown to the point where it covers the trail. So here are some shots with descriptions for your enjoyment! No action shots here, I've been doing most of my riding solo, maybe I need helmet cam....

The first half mile of coming from De Anza Park is overgrown, some sections are about 4 feet high on either side.
    [​IMG]

A better part of the Grasslands Trail with no overgrowth.
    [​IMG]

There are a few bridge crossings before you get into Malibu Creek State
    [​IMG]

After the road crossing into Malibu Creek the single track gets wider, check out the great views!
    [​IMG]

Some great turns in the park!
    [​IMG]

The downhill before getting to the main road of the park. Take a right at the bottom and it leads you to the M.A.S.H. site, which is another great ride!
    [​IMG]

The Kona Coiler I'm riding these days.
    [​IMG]

More RR's to come! Hopefully with some better shots! If anyone is up for riding in this area to put these together with me feel free to send me a message!

2. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    Nice ride, both the trail AND bike. ;)

What you need to do is loop it so when you get back to De Anza you can come down that small hill behind the hockey rink. :bang:

:drunk:

3. RS VR6

RS VR6 Member

Rode that trail last week. It was way overgrown in the first section after the park. Went up some trail called Bulldog which ends in a residential area that takes you back to where you started Bulldog.

It was cool to see the MASH site. Coming back sucked...with the uphills.