Good fuggin bye!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by FoShizzle, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinator

kevinator Staying hydrated

You get two points for that one Gene. :lol:

2. NitrOx

NitrOx Suspension Junkie

Suspension Junkie
    Fo HTFU.

Churs

3. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    moderator, ARREST THAT MAN!!

4. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

Dear Mr. Fo - your attempt at entertainment is weaksauce at best. You only managed to get 6 pages and only 2770 views. While the Mechmann post has gone 7 pages and 6066 views.

Step it up because you are less than 50% entertaining as the Mann's post. Dont disappoint.

:)

EDIT: although i may add you got to 6 pages quicker than that other post since that post was started on 10/1 and yours was started on 10/2 at 9:27 PM heehhe

5. TMS

TMS New Member

My unbiased (as I don't post much and don't know any of the players involved) opinion on this post being deleted is that is appears to be a bit heavy handed. The original thread was about shuttling SART, I get that, but I think the tie in to shuttling other trails that people feel should not be shuttled was appropriate and actually added to the SART discussion. Having such black & white rules in these situations can keep threads from evolving, thus causing the reader to loose interest. I for one do not like having to jump from thread to thread to obtain info and get opinions on what is esentially the same topic (just with different trails). Just my 2 cents, now back to your regularly scheduled ranting.

6. Zippo

Zippo Pow Wow!

Personally I think Fo has played everyone here like an old record - it's been heard before, a bit scratched, might skip a bit, and is in need of a good cleaning. And my guess is that he's laughing his arse off that everyone's pecking about like hens in a coop. My 6 year old is a button pusher too, and he's really good at it, as there's nothing but time and determination on his side. But he has a wicked sense of humor to go with it. I've never met Fo, but my guess is that he has a pretty wicked sense of humor to go along with his sarcasm. But I'm married to a witty Brit, so what do I know.

I decided to read through the entirety of this thread and the Mechmann thread as it seems that STR's focus as of the last couple of days has turned to all this gossip. In any community there will be those that push the limits, and it's up to the community to learn to filter it and deal with it. If you don't like it, don't listen to it, and "banishment" seems like an archaic practice. That said, rules are rules, but lets not mistake them for censorship. This is a public forum after all (granted it's a fairly close-knit family of shared interests) and conflicting opinions and harsh remarks need to be put into perspective.

I'm not going to say LTFU or HTFU or any acronymical nonsense like that as it comes off as aggressive talk, and that just breeds more aggression, which we are trying to avoid. But I will say that I believe that our criticism can be more constructive. We spend a lot of time on this site, and it exists to enrich your life, not frustrate it. Opinions are opinions and by no means should anyone ever quash our desire to voice our minds, but as everyone's mom has said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it", and that is the fundamental issue here.

Anywho, I like turtles. Now there's some meaningless thread-derailing nonsense, but that's just my opinion.

7. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Well why would you post something you expected to get banned for unless you wanted to get banned? Sorry if you think your going to do something you are sure will have a certain result and you do it you are basically wanting those results so as I said you wanted to get banned but you you were wrong and you weren't.

8. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    When I saw this post this morning I thought it was you saying "Good By" to the Angels in the 08 Playoffs.....hahaha...F-N Bawston OWNS us in the playoffs....

9. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

Wow

A little over a year ago I was frustrated and I was going to delete my account .
    I cried then wiped it up and i felt better.
    It was like a manly Manstrual cycle I had. ;)

Very few even noticed:?::lol: Ha Ha

I guess people are a lot more caring now.
    Or maybe we just have a larger group.:-k

10. Impy

Impy Active Member

Man, people here really need to take some time off the internet.

Seriously.

With the exception of Fo. Such a crafty entertainer. Love ya.

11. Jslow

Jslow stipend of maltliquor

GO DODGERS! we are talking baseball right?

12. uzziboy

uzziboy hi Ron...it's Ron

who cares
    Thank you TMS, Craig the reason I derailed the thread was because of the offensive comments DeeZee (no offense to deezee, because we had a very civilized conversation on the subject and no harsh words were said) had said about DHers and I dont believe that a another friggen thread was appropriate.

It had to be said right then and there, because I wanted to nip it in the bud.

Maybe you are too dense to realize that and cannot see past the black and white of these things

13. kevinator

kevinator Staying hydrated

Holy shit, this thread is STILL going? Someone turn the lights off, I'm goin' to bed....night.

14. uzziboy

uzziboy hi Ron...it's Ron

who cares
    Craig there is no whining, I am presenting hard facts thats it. I leave it up to the rest of the board to come to their own conclusions on how you make your moderator decsions.

Also, I hold no ill will towards you Craig Im sure your a nice guy. I am just questioning the practices of this board and its moderators, because as I expained to someone I am not angry just frustrated a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
  15. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Oh yea

And STR needs a spell check for late night posting;)

ps. And yes it would work

16. CalEpic

CalEpic member

I suppose I am too dense. :)

Unfortunately that thread got completely derailed by multiple posts. Not just yours. Believe it or not, we do let threads stray a bit (this thread is perfect example) but when it goes too far all the offending posts are deleted. There is usually a request from a moderator to keep things on track before this happens. I don't recall if that happened in this case or not and am too lazy to look. In any case, it's too bad you feel singled out or that the moderation is too heavy handed. I can assure you it's nothing personal.

Craig

17. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    my apologies for not clogging STR even more with my usual drivel, though on the other hand, mechmann is in a league of his own so i dont feel too bad about it. I have no doubt that the aforementioned fact of his thread being so popular is readily available knowledge to all his blog visitors as evidence of another victory.

to all that have contributed...I am hopeful my thread was successful in brining the old STR "family" feeling back and I also hope that much knowledge was gained about bike innovation

regards

18. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    Ha! Please dont let my secrets out or I will have to find another site!! :lol: It is amazing how easy fishing is even after being on a site for so long...people apparently just read what they want and when i am as bored as I was yesterday I will simply have to create another pot to stir. My posts' continual idiocy is proof that people do not use the ignore button and simply cant practice what they preach in terms of refraining from going to a thread they know they shouldnt and dont want to read...these are the same people who cant help but rubberneck it at the scene of an accident as they drive by.

As for Brits, LOVE their sense of humor. I work with many of them every day and I agree about their wicked sense of humor, as opposed to the traditional prude American, as evidenced by STR regularly

19. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    my poor naive little STR friend..you just dont get it

my opinion is that Cal Epic was simply following the rules of moderation and I can only wonder if he regrets his decision to become one, knowing what it involves. Craig, do you find yourself getting invited to less rides now ;)

Impy, I would thank you but I do not allow myself to partake in chit chat with moderators...and you my friend, are a moderator on the most EVIL of all websites!!!!

20. Upchuck

Upchuck Marlboro Man in training

Leg Man
    I once overheard Fo say "Nuke the whales for Jesus!"

Just sayin'...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.