Going to be MIA for a while

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by blindman_22, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss human being

Home Page:
    More Prayers for you guys.

Moms a cancer survivor, you 2 will beat this!

2. Aviatrix

Aviatrix Active Member

Healing vibes to your wife and your family! I know many BC survivors...she WILL get through this!!

Be sure and take care of yourself too, and that includes doing what you love (MTB) once in awhile. You'll have more energy and spunk to send her way if you make sure you get what you need to. Accept help when it's offered, and don't feel bad for taking a break once in awhile.

3. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    Hugs and CONTINUED prayers for healing and strength in your coming journey. She is blessed to have a partner for support and a rock to rest on.

2 very close friends are recent survivors and my son-in-laws mother has had complete healing from her first in the early 80's and a small recurrence in the early 90's.

Don't hesitate to reach our for encouraging words or ask for help, even if it is to drop off meals or someone to do the laundry so you can be with her more. You'll be amazed at how much small things make a big difference.

4. nightops

nightops Lurker

Sound Designer
    we'll be pulling for her in our thoughts and prayers- youre a good man for supporting her

5. doubleoh7

doubleoh7 Called to Creation

Self Employed
    Home Page:
    Tony: I am sorry to hear about your wife. Cancer is taxing. I will be praying for you and your family. For Strength. For Comfort. For Healing. In Jesus name - Amen !!

6. blindman_22

blindman_22 HAB Crew President

computer stuff
  7. Billabonk

Billabonk Member

Appliance Repair
    I can still remember the day I had to tell my teenage girls my wife had breast cancer. We're about 7 years past that day. I just heard on the radio today that Mark's wife from the Mark and Brian show on KLOS was 5 years cancer free today. There is a lot of good news out there about beating this. If your wife needs anyone to talk to we're here. If you need a good ride to clear your head , put it out there. You both are going to need help to get through this. IT CAN BE DONE.

8. zerogravity

zerogravity (R.I.P.) Lets Ride!!!!

Graphic Designer, Track owner
    Home Page:
    I don't think we have ever met Tony, but this hits home for me with my godfather losing to cancer and a very good friend of mine's wife is going through treatment now. Prayers to you and your family man. Be there for her!

9. armenjc

armenjc Member

Composer/Musician
    Thoughts and prayers to you, your wife and family Tony. Hope your wife recovers quicker than anticipated. Best of luck! ~Armen

10. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

I'm very sorry to hear this, Tony.

I've had various family and friends affected by different types of cancer. One of my staff at work was diagnosed with breast cancer 5 years ago. She went through surgery, radiation and chemo and is cancer free today and has no apparent physical effects from the disease. In fact, she's more healthy and energetic today than she was when she was before the disease as she lives a healthier and more balanced lifestyle than before.

Kudos to you for being there for your wife. Education about the disease and different treatment options was important for my friend.

As many people have suggested, try to be creative/proactive and steal away a little time when you can and get away for a brief respite and ride or do whatever you want/need/can do for yourself occasionally to recharge yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, whatever--doing that will benefit not only you, but your wife and your children as well. You're only human and have certain minimum needs to stay healthy too. Strength to you both. I'm hopeful that your wife will join the growing number of women who have defeated this disease.

11. blindman_22

computer stuff
    with all that's been going on i've run across various sites whether by doing research or link provided by friends. one in particular i thought was worth sharing. i believe some on here already know about them, but in case you don't, they providefunding for qualified women and men who need screening and/or diagnostic procedures in the prevention of breast cancer. http://www.bikesforboobs.org/mission-possible/ https://www.facebook.com/bikesforboobs/info

12. blindman_22

computer stuff
    just a quick update.

my wife will be going back into surgery tomorrow. they removed the cancer and tissue around it and some lymph nodes. they tested the tissue and lymph nodes and they came back positive for cancer. the surgery tomorrow is for removing extra tissues and more lymph nodes. right now we're both doing good and taking one day at a time. on sunday we took family photos (wife really wanted to have this done). as of right now we're just sick of this waiting around stuff. i never knew how much work it takes to take care of a family all by yourself (knew it was hard, but damn). i have to give props to all the single parents out there.

side note - got together with a few friends and rode the loop yesterday after work. boy did it feel great to be back on the bike. my fitness level has dropped (i know i know, what fitness level?). overall i really needed that ride.

13. chupacabra

chupacabra New Member

Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

14. brown chicken brown cow

brown chicken brown cow Member

continued thoughts and prayers...

15. blindman_22

computer stuff
    wife just got off the phone with the surgeon. finally some good news. new test results came back in. all margins are clear 2 out of 17 lymph nodes were positive. that means no more surgery (assuming genetic test also come back negative). friday we go in to have her post op check up and remove her drain thingymabober. currently waiting to see the oncologist to determine her treatment. i can breathe a little easier now. thank you everybody for your support and prayers. i know we're not out of the woods yet, but we're getting closer.

16. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    We still pray, but now we give thanks!

17. McG715

McG715 Active Member

Software Sales Executive
    Thanks for the update, great to hear some positive news.. you have a big community here praying for you and your family..

18. krunner44

krunner44 Member

Hair.
    Your family is very blessed to have you, Tony. Very uplifting news. Prayers will continue!

19. XD Chetty

XD Chetty New Member

Graphic Designer
    Best wishes to your wife, you and the fam. fight on!

20. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

Tony, great to meet you today, and best wishes during these times.