Race Report Glendora XC Grind 9/25

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by Allan, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Allan

Allan New Member

R.N.
    I enjoyed the race. Its a challenging course with the climbs and tight twist single tracks and also the various terrain.
    Made some new friends and saw some old friends. Great weather for racing nice and cool. Hope we can have this race for next year. Placed 3rd in a group of 7 riders on beginners men 30-39 Yeah! See ya guys at the other
    Triple Crown Races!

2. tandem

tandem New Member

Awesome job Allan! No wonder we haven't seen you lately...you've been training!

3. Flying Maverick

Flying Maverick New Member

Good job Allan...you beat me by about 1 min. I was 5th out of 8 in the same class. I thought it was a cool course with great single tracks and lots of trees. This was my 3rd ever XC race so I was happy with my performance. The course seemed pretty challenging to me.

4. ocdingbat

ocdingbat Member

sparky
    Hows it goin dudes? Got second in the same class, i was the ding dong with the full face helmet! ( broke my reg helmet the night before at fully loop). This was deffinately a fun and challenging course. Man there sure was a lot of wrecks on that first single track! On the first lap one of the guys fishtailed and went otb on the first single track and he couldnt move his bike on time and i crashed into and landed on his bike!! Im still hurting!! We got lucky no broken bones, i think!?! Good times

5. oalmaguer

oalmaguer xc.Omar

Sales
    I wanna say thanks for all of you who came out this past Sunday to race at South Hills Park, (Glendora XC Grind). This was an idea a guy named Mike had for the past 5 years. He grew up in the area & played in those hills. I got a call from him earlier this year. He showed me the course. I then waited to get the Knobby Time Series on it's way so I can start the planning of the XC Grind. Then Mike put me in contact with a gal named Helene. She did all the leg work with the city to make it happen. Once we got the ok to do the race, Mike & I went to So Hills Pk. to do the trail maintenace 2 weeks proir and spend 5 hours on the single tracks cutting, chopping & raking. The chief of police was out there watching his son race and we chatted. He said nobody had called to complain yet and he believes we can possibly race there again. Also, all my volunteers who are very close riding friends of mine, a big thanks to them as well. With out them, this doesn't happen. My daughter drove down from Stockton with her boyfriend to see what I've been up to with these races. Keep you rfingers crossed that we can race here again. Talk to you all soon. Now it's my turn to get out & race at Vail Lake this Saturday for the 50 miler. Time to turn the tables. Talk to y'all soon.

6. pinnacle10

pinnacle10 Member

Teacher
    Home Page:
    I enjoyed this race quite a bit. I was a bit hesitant because of the $45 price, but was excited to race a new course. It was a great SS course. Very few flat sections and all the steeps were easily ridable. Those singletrack sections were a lot of fun and on my preride I noticed some weeds and bushes had been trimmed. Nice work on getting the course ready. I'll probably do 1 of the next 3 and then finish the series up at Southridge to get my 3 races in. Hope to be back at Glendora again next year.

Results are up - http://www.cycleeventscompany.com/information_links/Glendora XC Grind 2011 Results.pdf

7. m210

m210 New Member

art director, designer
    Home Page:
    were there any photographers there? seemed like lots of them around the start/finish area.