Give your best marriage/dating advice.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by BrewMaster, Sep 5, 2007.

1. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

And how does one feel taking advise from a fat slob who couldn't get laid or meet a nice woman if it landed squarely on his head; if it wasn't for his fame and fortune? I know I'd feel pretty lame. He's a dork, a fat slob, a complete a-hole to people and his voice gets on my nerves. I can't change the station quick enough and could care less of what he has to say. The herd mentality is in full force, no doubt about it. He gets good looking girls for the wrong reasons. They don't want him. They want recognition, fame and fortune. Sadly, our society is too easily impressed by such things. They use him as a stepping stone and in the process, he gets some hotties out of it, which in any other circumstance, they wouldn't give him the time of day.

I do agree about sometimes ignoring and not always being a kiss-ass to women. Since being liberated :)lol:) 3 years ago, I've come to realize that same thing. Women (sub-consciously) are more drawn to men with confidence who are not dripping "pathetic" out of their pours and are not clingy or needy. The less you seem interested, the more they seem to want you. It's amazing how many times this formula has worked. It's bizarre and I can't explain it but it's true and it works. Obviously, this does not apply to every woman out there and you should never be an a-hole and disrespect them. Just be confident, funny (but not retarded), witty, attentive, smart, considerate and most importantly, be yourself. Don't put on charades and sell b.s. Things like that are very transparent to anyone who's got an IQ over 20.

Uhm, that's called double talk. Have you noticed the type of people who call into his show? Most are not very intelligent and couldn't change a light bulb. Once in a blue moon, when someone intelligent comes on, he uses his power of the mic and does not give them equal time and often hang-up on them. Again, he's annoying and his act gets old after 5 minutes. Same ol' non-sense.

2. Pablomatic

Pablomatic middle:middle

Drafting/Design Guru
    For smoother sailing.....

...ALWAYS tickle the man in the boat....=P~

3. RazoR

RazoR New Member

Dating: Never cheat on your girlfriend, not even with your wife.
    Marriage: Is it really possible to maintain the passion after 20 years with one person? If so, show her how much you love her when you get home from that 3 day trip in Utah....

4. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    I wouldn't marry anyone who wouldn't buy me a bike. It's like getting that ugly sweater for your mother-in-law just so that she HAS to wear it because you got it for her. If your wife gets you a bike, then you HAVE to go ride it just because she got it for you.

5. DownHillPhil

DownHillPhil Team Rider

Photography
    Words from the mouth of a legend...moral of the story:

Girls - get married
    Guys - don't get married

Not Leykis. Kevin Cooper.

6. RazoR

RazoR New Member

oh, and anybody who listens to leykis is a complete loser capital L, go ahead, treat women like crap if you want to end up in bars at 55 hittin on 20 year olds pathetic....So you would take advice from a fat slob who doesn't ride bikes and got married 4 times, just to develope your game? = Loser

7. DownHillPhil

DownHillPhil Team Rider

Photography
    You can nerd rage all you want but his methods work...

8. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
  9. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    if nothing else, you have to appreciate his messages of not having "accidental" kids, not marrying too young, and taking care of your finances and education. all the rest is just for entertainment/shock value.

10. RazoR

RazoR New Member

<nerd rage on> I would just call that common sense...I love the one where he tells guys to dump the date and leave so she has to pay for dinner, you go guy! <nerd rage off>

11. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    It's just talk radio...

don't be bitter just because you got left with the bill.

:beer:

12. guero

guero iFroth

well said. i saw him at a kings game once and the noog he was with wasn't even really that much of a noog.

13. Matt13

Matt13 Death From Above

Sales
    You are really obsessed with his looks.

Just because you are ugly does not mean you do not have methods that work. As a matter of fact, it's probably the ugly guys that have the best game.

Do you think Brad Pitt has to be charming to get laid?

This is the root of your problem. You dont like the guy which is fine, but the fact he is a fat slob should have nothing to do with him telling you how to get laid.

Have you applied his tactics? Do you know if they work or dont?

I have never hung out with the guy, dont know everything about him.

He has been married 4 times, one of which was when he was 19. He didnt have money and power back then.....maybe he was thinner, maybe he combed his hair, I dont know, but he does have life experiences that he can me an authority on.

So what you are saying is what Leykis is telling people is the truth! Date girls with low self esteem and ignore them and they will do what you please......christ, you pretty much just admitted his methods work.

And his advice isnt for every guy. Do you want to just get laid, listen to Tom.. If you want a meaningful relationship, dont listen to Tom.

Agreed.....

Some of the girls arent the hottest I agree.

I was thinking about this and the radio program is called "The Tom Leykis Show". He may not be an aethist, he may be a mama's boy and the opposite of what he claims to be.

Tom Crusie didnt race Nascar, or fly a F14.

14. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    My mom asked me once honey when are you going to settle down and find a nice girl and give me a grand child?

Me: In my best Joe Pesci voice I say why would I settle down for I bring home a different nice girl every other day...ohhhhhh. Besides I have you.

My Mom: Marriage is sweet and wonderful

Me: OK Mom this is coming from a women that has been married three times and one of my best buds just got served with a 2500 hundred a month vaginamony.

Marriage is a buisness transaction that in the majority of the time benifts the women. I remember as a kid living with my old man and we came home and the house was empty. My poor Dad was a three time loser as well. That poor guy was roasted over the coals. The way I look at it when I was younger these chicks wanted nothing to do with me. Now these girls are getting a bit long in the tooth and still not married and may have a kid, now they are jumping to get on the Big D express. I am in my prime baby and have in no interest in getting married and having kids. I have met someone that down for the non marriage and kids thing as well an its awesome. The way I look at it I can watch my buds kids then when I am over it I can hand it off back to the parents.

15. crispy

crispy Wannabe

Engineer
    Home Page:
    WARNING: This is just incoherent rambling for no reason at all. It probably doesn't make sense at all so I apologize in advance. Besides, I think this has turned into the Tom Leykis thread.

I have never listened to this Lykis fella until just about an hour ago. If you ask me, he was giving relationship advice. The title of the thing was something like Girls with only guy friends are bad news. He was saying that girls that only have guys friends are not relationship material. That sounds like relationship advice? Basically the guy is a retard if you ask me. He was more or less saying girls are worthless. They are nothing more than our (guys) pets. They are not allowed to have friends who are guys because the guys only want to have sex with the girls and therefore the girls will have sex with any friends who are guys. I am not saying that the fact that guys are friends with girls because they are hoping to have sex is a lie, but just because a guy wants to have sex with a girl doesnt mean the girl wants to have sex with the guy. BUT..... His statement also means that because guys are only friends with girls because they want to have sex with them means that guys can also not have friends who are girls because that means that they want to ahve sex with them and then can not be in a relationship.

In conclusion, if you listen to Tom Lykis, you can only talk to people of your same gender (except for who you are in a relationship with) if you are in a relationship. This INCLUDES family members. According to him he said most guys want to do any girls even if they are their sisters, they don't really care.

So, after bumping my head from falling out of my chair laughing out how retarded he is, I decided it was dangerous to my health and turned it off. Maybe it was just a particulary retarded episode, but due to the fact that I am not white trash and I respect women and don't just look at them as my little toy that is supposed to do everything I say, I have decided that this Lykis guy is just not for me.

One last note... I am sure that Lykis only finds it acceptable to score with amazingly good looking girls regardless of what the guy looks like. So I would be curious to know how many guys that look like him (same size/shape/lack of grooming) would be able to score with any women that Lykis would approve of without the aid of an celebrity fame.

16. Matt13

Matt13 Death From Above

Sales
    I dont know if you are a girl or a boy, but I do know you are 23. As far as adult relationships go, you havent really been around that long to really see alot of the things some of us older people have. I am not trying to say you havent experienced some shit, however at 35, trust me when I say I have been through and seen more than you.

You listened to whole hour, of a guy that is on 5 days a week for 3 hours a day and has been for years.......

The guy cant speak for every girl guy in the world. He is broadcasting to an audience. He cant say "every girl in the world who has guy friends is bad except for Jenny in Monrovia", its up to you the listener, to listen and apply it as you see fit.

The problem with girls being friends with guys, isnt the girls. Its the guys. Do you really want your chick hanging out with guys who would take advantage of a situation and try to hook up with your girlfriend.

I have dated many girls with many guy friends and I have posed this question to them, "would your friend Mike hook up with you if given the chance".......and the answer is always yes. These guys are waiting in the bullpen.

Again....a whole hour.

This must be the incohernet part

That is not true.

That will change.

Right, because no one has ever said, "wow, how did that guy pull that chick".......

17. Lovin

Lovin Calmer 'n you are

As of today, I've been married for 4 years.

Happy wife, happy life is not just a saying. lol

18. So, in conclusion, a young couple looking for marriage advice should listen to Tom Lykis? Got it.

19. Reedster

Reedster Active Member

Teacher
    Congrats. 1.5 years as of today. Pregnant wife, happy wife, happy life is our new saying. :lol:

20. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Dood are you the type of guy that goes out with girls hangs with them for two months before getting to first base? Lykis is not marriage material, but he douse inform his people on how to get as much arse as possible while spending nothing. He teaches that marriage a buisness relationship and it really overall is for the ladies.

I don't want to go out with women that want to talk on the phone or go to the coffee shops. No i am looking to get some va gi gi either by the end of the night or in no more than four dates (thats if I really like her). I think this why the majority of STR women here that hate me really want to be with me :lol: ;). In my best Mexican voice "OK ladies you know you want it so don't fight it". Relax I am just playin a bit, happy Quanza.