Garage Works - Suspension Overhauls

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by bananaseat, May 24, 2006.

1. bananaseat

bananaseat Member

June '06 Bike Mag issue has an interesting article on Garage Works, in Orange County staffed by Steve Delacruz. Speciality is suspension overhauls (i.e. similar to Push).

Sound very intriguing to me since I'm very dissatisfied with my '05 Fox Vanilla RLC fork.

Any of you guys familar with the shop?? How about a review??

2. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    Hmmm, that is interesting. Do they have a website? Which brand of suspension are they working on? I'd like to know more about them......giving PUSH some competition will be a good thing.

I'm still puzzled as to why you aren't satisfied with your Vanilla Aldo :-k I would like to ride it sometime. Perhaps switching oil weights would help out.

3. bananaseat

bananaseat Member

JLMTB, thanks for the link. couldn't find them on a "yahoo" search. Just called and they can work on Fox suspension, even open saturdays from 11am to 5pm.

TurnerRob, I'd greatly appreciate you examing my fork. Where ya riding on Monday, 5/29?? My fork is very unstable, thus leaving me with a very unstable ride particularly on fire-road & longer non-technical single track (i.e. Trabuco) decents.

I also don't understand why if have 12 rebound settings (i.e. clicks) that live in the 4 closest to the least amount of rebound?? May be my lack of bike knowledge, or desire to get more from a $500 fork, but I thought I'd get more range out of my fork. Anyone, feel free to educate me...

I've changed the oil twice (with standard, I believe 7 weight), no help. And called Fox, also no help.... Thus, hopng garage works is my savior...

4. i am dino

i am dino Guest

I wonder if they could bring my Manitou Sherman FireFly Plus to life eh?!?!

5. dirttorpeedo

dirttorpeedo drive monkey, drive!

maint. for a oversized school district
    OK,OK use push for fox,use manitoooo for manitoooo @manitoo aks for BOBBY,he got my sherm fixed in 7 dayz...i no it sucks but it's having to deal with 1million forks plus.anyone in the know cood also use NOLEEN in hesperia.call CLARK JONES...he has developed the latest yamaha suspenshun plus what k2 used ta make...ie the smart shock...????call"em

6. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

You forgot to mention use Marzocchi for Zokes! They can usually have your fork out the same day if dropped off early morning. Those guys are great. :bang: