Fun Downhill at Santiago!

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by Mtnbikeman30, Apr 12, 2012.

1. dubjay

dubjay Having upgraditis is OK

Work for publisher of fashion magazines
    Home Page:
    Honestly, you can go up or down on any trail. Just stay in control, and don't try and run others off the trail and you'll be fine.

2. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    Gotta agree. The "new blood" around here seems to have lowered the collective iq. By a lot.

3. BikeThePlanet

BikeThePlanet Active Member

Thread reminds me, somebody needs to reschedule the Santiago Oaks Noob/Social Ride while Tony is dealing with "real" life stuff. I have still never been and the Social rides are usually a good pace for me to check out new trails.

4. Dakit

Dakit Member

Sales Manager
    I am with Teacher Ryan on this one. :)

5. irv_usc

irv_usc Active Member

Yeah everybody better get their riding in at Santiago Oaks before guys like this get bikes banned from the park.

6. Aviatrix

Aviatrix Active Member

There is no "one-way" in Oaks, but it's pretty obvious which way is Chutes Trail, and which way is Chutes Ridgeline. If you're climbing up from Irvine Park, take the first left. After that you can't go wrong.

I descend Chutes Trail all the time when I ride with my dog, but we stop for climbers (both on wheels and feet). If I have no dog, I go down the ridgeline (it's more fun).

7. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

You'll be fine going either way on any one of those trails. Nobody's hating on him because he went down the P-line or a "climbing" trail. They're hating on him because he's acting like a tool.

8. QiKss

QiKss Marcy Ranch Crip

that's usually how it goes for me for most threads started on this site.

9. Mtnbikeman30

Mtnbikeman30 New Member

I removed the Barham video out of concern for everyones feelings. I agree that Chutes A is much funner than B, B seems longer and I like the switchbacks. I didn't see a one way sign before Chutes B? Didn't see any runners on any trail but there were two mtn bikers who I highly doubt would be interested in closing down santiago. The dude on the cactus video was a friend. I can't believe all of the hype these videos have gotten and the name calling. Had no idea some mountain bikers were so sensative. Have fun out there and have a good day.

10. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

You might be right that the 2 riders you ran off the trail while descending Chutes Trail may not be the type to report you to the rangers.......

BUT.........what it does show is your disregard for other trail users. It is this kind of behavior that will cause problems....I doubt this is the first time nor the last time you pull a moronic move like that.....next time you might come across a rider that takes acception and does report you.

The "Get Out Of My Way" sense of entitlement makes us all look bad.

11. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    Ah I see we are just being sensitive. And putting away evidence and knowing that someone won't retaliate would makes your dangerous behavior ok/acceptable?

If you honestly wish other to have fun out there and have a good day then please don't do things that would prevent people to "Have fun out there and have a good day." or much worse get hurt and ruins it for everyone.

Biking is really quite boring, I suggest you pick up couch surfing.........for our sake at least.

12. push

push Premium Member

What a thrill to descent featureless foot trails... I felt embarrassed to hear the hoots he made when he rolled over a rut, or let his fingers off the brakes for a second. Wish there was an upload filter for lame footage of low-grade amateurs. And, to top it off, poor trail advocacy, hear? Didn't catch that...

13. Mtnbikeman30

Mtnbikeman30 New Member

Im sorry for deleting the "evidence", would you prefer that I leave the video up to encourage more mindless accusations and insults?

Thank you for noticing my enthusiasm towards all paces of mountain biking, whether slow or fast.

14. mike001

mike001 Well-Known Member

Mtn30,

Instead of concerning yourself with people's feelings, why not address what caused those feelings? Admit you learned something about right-of-way and how you can better represent our user group. Until you show a little humility, you're never going to get slack from this group, and rightly so.

Have a good day.

15. badgas

badgas I like dirt

I hate rainy days...everyone gets grumpy because they can't ride. .......myself included.

Lot of rants today.

Not defending the OP or the replies I just hate rain

16. geek

geek Member

I was going to say they were being a little harsh with the name calling and give you the benefit of the doubt as a new rider, but you keep opening yourself up to more criticism.

There are some good lessons to be learned here, maybe swallow your pride and take their advice.

17. guero

guero iFroth

i like taking the right fork towards the end of chutes at times. just always be on the lookout for hikers and bikers whom are climbing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
  18. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

Wow, that's amazing... You're married? He's a lucky man.
    By any chance are you the chick from the ”Fender Bender Freak Out” video? You both seem to have the same charming personallity.
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/159119/

19. mtbbiker

mtbbiker Member

Car business
    It doesn't sound like you learned your lesson:?:. I love going downhill as much as anyone else, but when I see riders, hikers, horseback people, going up, I get off my bike or SLOW the heck down and say HI! You come across me while I'm climbing & I see you & you see me, you better yield or one of us is going off the mountain & I don't believe it will be me!

20. duke777

duke777 Active Member

IT
    Mindless? Insults? Accusation?

I'm sorry are you talking about yourself and Chong? You guys make a great pair...........