Fully strikes again

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by kcm, Oct 19, 2012.

1. kcm

kcm New Member

Anybody know what happened on fully last weds? Saw a bunch of fire trucks ambulance. Said a guy broke his arm at heartbreak hill.. The steep hill after Grissom park... Where there's a sign that states bikes prohibited...
    It seems that steep downhill breaks a bone a month....

2. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

that hill is no joke!! saw a few yougsters the other day with no helmits!! I was like WTHuck ehh? They acted like I was their dad or something.. lol cant help stooopid I guesS!!

3. LuvMammoth

LuvMammoth Member

Teacher
    A friend of mine crashed near there last week and was knocked-out for about 20min, broke ribs and destroyed his shoulder. Pins and plates but doing well from what I understand. He shall remain nameless until he wants to comment about it. I am pretty sure that was the crash you are talking about.

4. kcm

kcm New Member

Since I moved to the area, I walk my dog there ... So far seen three incidents right at the bottom of the hill. And one guy w us on ride crash and literally pass out cold. .. Took him home bc he couldn't remember anything...newbies just lose it at that hill...they should take the easy way....

5. badgas

badgas I like dirt

The easy way has also claimed a few ....we had an ambulance on that "easy" hill on one of ZG noob rides. Bottom line if you are approaching 30 mph on any trail you better know how to safely slow a bike down or maintain control if not then tell people to walk the bike down the hill.