From RR to injury report!

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by ocdingbat, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ocdingbat

ocdingbat Member

sparky
    [video=youtube;a6G_RHuE5qs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6G_RHuE5qs&feature=share&list=UUe9hXdqpEB R2ui68Us-c2kw[/video]So yesterday I invited my sis to go ride. she was anxious to learn new trails, ones that arent too hard. She also wanted to play with her camera. Invitation for disaster? haha. #-o So I decide Oaks to IRP is the ticket. As we approach the Bench on the north side of the park she starts dry heaving. She assures me she is ok and then begins to play with the camera. I start playing on the jumps north of the bench. We capture a couple ok shots. But then on my last jump I end up preloading the hell outa the back and then...walllaaa!![-X I land hard on my head and right shoulder8-[. I feel bad for my sis, she thought she was gonna call the ambulance! I stood up and I remember telling her I was seeing double and that I was trying not to pass out. I rung my bell hard!! My glasses fell off my face, I ripped the helmet off my head, and It took me a little longer than normal to assure myself I wasnt seriously hurt! I dusted myself off and we then rode back home. The whole way I tried to convince myself I was completely fine, as I grunted and struggled over the bumpy trails. Today I woke up to road rash, tweaked lower back, bruised left knee, and really sore rib cage especially my upper right ribs and sternum/breast bone, where it is tender to the touch. Im thinkin if my ribs are separated or bruised the doctor cant do anything anyways?! oh yeah OTH final tuesday!! here is a link to the slide show instead of posting 30 pics...enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6G_RHuE5qs&feature=share&list=UUe9hXdqpEBR2ui68Us-c2kw

2. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    No bueno.

I watched Sarboots go the the same thing in the same spot years back on a Taco Tuesday ride.

Dean

3. HardtailBlazer

HardtailBlazer Member

At least you had some good protective gear on!!! and try not putting your new levers so tight, instead of breaking they would of just shifted, in theory at least!

4. dcrfx

dcrfx Member

That's why this old man doesn't do big jumps any more. My lack of skill, but opposite of you, the front went up, the bike went away, and I landed on my foot wrong and broke my ankle/fibula (compound). Too many hours in the Big Bear ER and too many weeks off the bike.

Healing vibes to you (and your bike).

5. guero

guero iFroth

Love the song choice, haven't heard me some "Dead Skin Mask" in years! :bang:

6. ocdingbat

ocdingbat Member

sparky
    I was just telling my buddy how I felt I was getting better since I havent had a bad fall since last year at the southridge super D. Big mistake!! @Guero, Dead skin mask is one of my favorite slayer songs. I finally got to see them life for the first time this june! it was and unbelievable show!!

7. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    SLAYER!!!. An ode to the bike crash.

8. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

awesome crash and awesome music, ive seen slayer more times than i can count. get healed up so we can go riding

9. strobe

strobe resident noob

Glad your alright and had someone with you to ride back. In fact, you should say thanks to your sister with a video montage of her own... \\:D/. lol.

10. ocdingbat

ocdingbat Member

sparky
    Dude for sure!! count me in!! Ima go back and do it right this time! Yeah my ribs and/or lung hurt pretty bad right now :-/

Yeah she is a pretty awesome brat hahah!!