Formula Brakes and the amazing service from Fullerton Bikes

Discussion in 'Fullerton Bikes' started by SchwinnStr8, Mar 11, 2013.

1. SchwinnStr8

SchwinnStr8 Team DHB

Home Page:
    I can't help but tell everyone about my amazing experience with Fullerton Bikes so I decided to also post a thread on it.

Week 1 – Monday:Took my Formula The One brakes in for service to Fullerton Bikes (Had stiction issues with the levers). Was greeted by Ethan, and he explained how Formulas have issues with their push rods :?:. He said he would order the part and install it and have my brakes ready to ride by the weekend. Friday: Check in to see if my brakes were ready and there was a mishap with the order and the part never came in. Mike was willing to take a brand new set of brakes apart to fix my set just so I would be able to ride. I declined and Mike then offered to let me borrow the brand new set, just so I can ride (who does that???) I told mike it was okay and I could wait (since I have my other bike to ride or I could have put one of my extra set of brakes on). Mike guaranteed they would order the part and have it ready by the next weekend.

Week 2 – Got a text from Mike letting me know that he ordered the part and will have is that week and ready for the weekend. Talked to Ryan later that week and brake parts came in on Friday but Ethan wasn’t able to install them til Saturday Morning. Ryan called in a favor to thomaswildchild to swing by the shop Saturday morning to deliver the brakes to me at the Fontucky race (Thanks thomaswildchild:beer:). Met with thomaswildchild but was told that Ethan couldn’t get the brakes fixed…replaced the parts but the brakes still had issues. No biggie for me, as I still had my other bike to ride and was in no rush.

Week 3 – Got a Text from Mike explaining how Ethan working on the brakes for 2 hours and the brakes still felt bad and that they decided to send it in to Formula. Formula said they would be rebuilt by the following week.

Week 4 – I get a call from Mike explain the cost of the rebuild. Mike told me that he would charge me exactly what formula was charging the shop and I would have my brake done and perfect by that weekend. I then get a text mid week telling me my brakes are in and ready to go. Here is the exchange of text:

Mike: Got Brakes

Me:Nice I’ll swing by either today or tomorrow. What’s the damage?

Mike:$$$ Out the door

Me:Ouch! But thanks for getting them done. I really appreciate it. See you soon!

Mike: Sorry but both brakes are brand new. And Perfect. I also ate some $$ on this too. I feel bad that this came to this. U know I’m 110% up front and fair. Come see me thanks again.

Me: As much I appreciate it…I don’t want you to eat any cost. Will you be in tomorrow? Lets talk about whats fair to both of us……no need for anyone to lose $$. Thanks for the concern tho! This is why you’re my LBS even though you’re 50 miles away :)

Mike: No, what it is is what it is. I run my shop. And we are accountable for mistakes and delays. Sorry bro. Hate me or love me. $$ is what it is. Luv ya

I left it at that and planned to talk to him when I picked up the brakes.

Got into the shop the next day and as always...greeted like I was their #1 customer. Mike got me my brakes (They looked brand new – new brake lines, new FCS and looked like new brake body). Mike didn’t even want to discuss price, he took me to the counter and gave me a another discount on top of what was mentioned in our exchange of text. I clearly told him I would pay what we agreed to through our text and I had the text to prove it, but Mike wouldn’t take it. He jokingly said he mis-texted the price and wouldn't take anything more!
    I paid the said price and went on my way with practicably a brand new set of brakes.:)

Sorry for the long story, but the above accountability and great customer service is why I continue to go to Fullerton Bikes. I wish all bike shops were run this way! Fullerton bikes should be a business model on how to run a shop. With all that said, I am a Fullerton Bikes customer for life!!!:bang:
    Thanks again to Fullerton Bikes, Mike and Crew! You guys have a great thing going!
    Here are the brakes on the bike…
    [​IMG]

2. doublewide

doublewide Ride Life....Ride GIANT

King
    Took some time but seemed to be well worth it! Mike is awesome! He's ALMOST in my top 5.

3. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

Glad to read you have been treated well... :clap:

Questions of the day:
    -How ya' diggin' the new WHIP?
    -Have you formed any opinions with regard to the fork?

8-[

4. SchwinnStr8

SchwinnStr8 Team DHB

Home Page:
    It did take some time...but well worth it! Again...they offered to let me use a Brand new set of brakes until mines were fixed. :bang:

-From the runs I had on it...this thing is amazing. I can honestly say, the Zerode felt faster than my Jedi (Could be "new bike syndrome" tho :?:).
    -Again...only had 4 runs on the fork...but from the stock settings, its has handled small bumps at speed very nicely! Ask me again after a couple of months. They say 20 hours of riding before it is truely broken in.

5. GregMiester

GregMiester Member

LADWP
    I hope to stop by this shop soon, sound like cool guys!

6. Fullerton Mike

Fullerton Mike I LOVE BIKES!

WOW what is it going to take to break in your top 5?? for real?? SX? BBQ beer? Wait I know.. Kim HAHHAHHA got ya!

7. El Immigrante

El Immigrante STR's resident Coyote.

Coyote...need to get your relative across the bord
    Tijuana- Land of pimps, drug dealers, hot women, m
    Mike is a class act. If he were a woman, I'd...:lol:

8. zioncoming79

zioncoming79 Old Man Dead

a business bank SVP
    When you do stop by, make sure you pat Mike on the head and rub his stomach until he purrs. That's how I get the best deals.

9. blindman_22

blindman_22 HAB Crew President

computer stuff
    this is how i get the best deals from them.. bring up a subject that dino and mike have different views on and when they're giving each other crap... check out and take the side of the person ringing you up. :lol: