For Those Who Like to Jump

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by bananaseat, May 1, 2006.

1. bananaseat

bananaseat Member

Rode Turnbull yesterday (ya, bummed I missed gravity day, but family obiligations dictated I stay close to home...). Along my climb up "rattlesnake" ran into a group of guys gathered around a 7 ft. jump!

Jump is a man-made northshore style chute jump, made from 2' x 4's, and is very well done. It is accessed by the sometimes available trail that shoots down the middle of rattlesnake. All of the guys (including myself) were more of the trailrider types, thus none of us went for it. There was also a another smaller jump below it (that I did try).

I was also told there's additional jumps throughout the park. But was advised that these jumps come and go, so get-um while there up....

2. Epic_Mtn_Biker

Epic_Mtn_Biker New Member

There are a lot of big gap jumps along "Chicken Run" (singletrack that goes from the top water tower to the bottom water tower). those are pretty interesting, though it looks like most of them haven't been used lately. there are plenty of smaller jumps along all the singletracks, it's just a matter of finding them.

3. Von-Diggity

Von-Diggity Moderator

unoccupied
    Home Page:
    Armando is correct.

There are some pretty big bmx style gap jumps on the singletrack the comes off of the watertower. Some of them are really big doubles, and if you come up short it would be ugly. I was thinking that we could get DINO to try 'em out. I've gotta check out the new one Aldo is talking about...

4. mytrustysteed

mytrustysteed Middle...the new granny

"My moniker is man and I'm rotten to the core.
    I'll tear down the building just to pass through the door."

Yeah Bad Religion :bang: Greg Graffin for Pres in '08!