Fontucky XC #2

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by maxwell, Jan 30, 2007.

1. maxwell

maxwell Dirty Stinky PATH Love

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    Well, it was another fun weekend in Fontana with Lacey, Mark W., Andy, Auk and Nathan racing XC on Saturday, me racing Super D, and the rest of The Path guys racing DH on Sunday. There was a special event that happened on Sunday, with Tani's oldest daughter Paulina racing DH for her first time!:clap:
    We are all very proud of her!
    She took 2nd place out of three, in the Beginer Women's 34-Under class!
    SWEET!!
    Winston has pics here http://fooriders.com/CS/forums/thread/1979.aspx in the FooRiders Launch Forum.
    Lacey placed 2nd out of two in the Sport Women's 34-under catagory. The girl she raced beat Lacey by just two minutes, and Lacey knocked seven minutes off of her time from the first race. With a CRASH!
    She's rock'in her Kula Supreme hardtial!
    My Super D race was a BLAST!
    They started us off in time trial fashion, with 30 second intervals. I was lucky enough to start second to last, as I knew some of the guys racing, and know they are super fast climbing and decsending. They guy that started behind me caught me on the fisrt climb, but I was able to stay ahed of him....for a little while. I washed out in the sand, he made it by me, then took a wrong turn down the DH course. I was able to get back in front of him, and stay there for the rest of the race. Man, it was FUN! Oh yeah, I placed dead last. But I had fun doing it!!
    Sorry I don't have any DH pics to share.....
    one of me racing Super D...
    [​IMG]

and some XC pics.....

Andy AKA Rut mashing up on the S/S!
    [​IMG]

Lacey chasing her competion up the mountain
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lacey riding the short DH section by "the Wall"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and crossing the finish line...[​IMG]

Her rewards and souviners...

2nd place Sport Women 34-Under
    [​IMG]

and "girly" legs:bang:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

See you on the trails!!

2. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

it really seemed like a great race day on sunday.. It was good seeing ya again darin..its always good to see the path crew representing in huge numbers. I saw tani's daughter coming down on her run and cheered her on with " YEAH!!! the path! ".... "go miss walling!!!!!" i could hear her laugh riding down it was awesome.. you better watch out tho, cause if i'm racing super d i may have to take your title for being dead last haha