Ride Report Fontana Race #4 2/23/08-2/24/08

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by BFloFoxRider., Feb 23, 2008.

1. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Gary...Thank You for coming out to support the XC and 4X folks this weekend (and for the awesome snaps)!

These two are frame-worthy, for sure!

In the action shots, I love how the rider is in focus and the background is whizzing by...SWEET!

2. bluefirepictures

bluefirepictures Almost Local Rider/Photog

Home Page:
  3. GnaR9

GnaR9 New Member

Awesome, thanks a bunch. Gosh I love that jacket!

4. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

I Was On Fire Till I Crashed. Dammmm!

I was going great floating all the parts as planned. Then BOOM my pedal smacked this rock that jumped right in my way. Launched me over the bars on the fastest part of the track . All I saw was the mud on my glasses and the ground then my bike then the sky then my bike flying over me. Thinking this is going to hurt. #-o:lol: It turns out the ground was so wet I skipped on my head and shoulder. I feel ok I am not to beat up really.
    Maybe tomorrow will be different.

Brandon and Adrian both saw my crash. I bet it was funny.:lol:

I hope someone got it on video or even a picture.

5. BFloFoxRider.

BFloFoxRider. Active Member

Army
    Imagine watching a guy twice your age, not that age has anything to do with it, :lol:, but anyways, watching him let go and flow and perfectly nail one of the most technical stretches of the course. Then imagine him hitting the right hand "berm", but instead of turning right, you see his pedal clip a rock and his hands both slip off the bars and straight forward near his front wheel.. Then imagine him riding on his Nutz and his armpits for a few feww before flipping and landing on the ground. Needless to say, it was one of the mroe fun crashes to watch :bang:

6. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    SLim was tearing it up out there... Big props.. I know at least one of those rock drops had to be taller then he is. The future of our sport is looking pretty good

Keep it up SLIM:bang:

7. queenwilhelmina

queenwilhelmina God Save the Queen

Oh man that sounds funny... I can't believe I missed it!! Errr ummm, I mean, gosh that sounds just horrible. :lol:

I think this happened because:
    a) I decided to stay home today and get a few things done while Jason did his thing
    b) He did not heed my advice: "be careful"
    I'm actually proud of my hubby for still doing his best throughout the race and for finishing. He keeps telling me how sad he is about crashing, but at least he's in one piece and we don't have to visit our buddies at the urgent care! They are getting sick of us!

Did anyone get pics/video of the crash???

8. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

Perfect brandon now I am starting to remember.

I pined it up to that points I still never hit the brakes.:?:

You should have seen me jump up and quickly look around to see who saw my bail.;)
    Then I took off like nothing happened got around the corner at the wall and limped it in.:lol:

It was fun.

9. J_Sims

Sales and Marketing
    Jason even after all that your time was not that far off... You probably would have killed it, and leveled the field...

10. BFloFoxRider.

BFloFoxRider. Active Member

Army
    there was nobody with a camera or video camera left when he went. they all cleared out after about "K"..
    but you should be proud we yelled at him to let it flow and he did just that until that rock happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Didnt he still get third despite the crash?!?

11. ODB

ODB Team Sting-Ray

Before the race I overheard that guy saying he works for Mountain Bike Action. Despite that, he's a strong rider ... and an even stronger sandbagger. :lol:

12. mtnbikerfred

mtnbikerfred Super Moderator

I sell industrial power transmission and motion co
    2wheel Lee in action

Here's a video of the 4X mayhem. The outcome was inevitable though ;)

[youtube]5ktuzVLcpkc[/youtube]

13. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Fred...don't be a stranger at the races...there's a huge STR group out there...look for us and come hang out...the more, the merrier!

14. J_Sims

Sales and Marketing
    :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

15. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    I think at least one STR member podiums every race. :beer:

16. J_Sims

Sales and Marketing
    Lee, our one man 4X wondershow... I especially like the little Bump in the second moto..:beer: Great job out there

17. SchwinnStr8

SchwinnStr8 Team DHB

Home Page:
    Rr: Dh

Saturday:
    Great day to practice and ride. I was riding my VPX and the conditions were near perfect for the course. Too bad i couldn't say the same thing for my fork. I took my first run and started to hear a "clanking(<~~~not sure its a word)" noise on the way down. Didn't think anything of it until my second run. The clanking noise had gotten louder:eek:. I pulled over and the fork just didn't seem right. It felt like there was something loose in the lowers (I think it had something to do with my crash at the last race). That was it for me...didn't want to take the chance of the fork giving out on me during a run.

I then went of and watched the 4X. WOW....that was fun...it was sooo cool to watch. A BIG THANKS to everyone that was racing!!! That was soo cool to watch.

SUNDAY:
    I decided to race on my Schwinn. Got to fontucky and was able to squeeze one practice run in. It was raining and very muddy...nothing like the day before. I watched a couple of classes race, then went to my car and tried to stay dry. By the time it was for the "Z" class to go up to race, the rain started to let up. Got on the shuttle and was even able to see blue skies:D. When the "Z" class started to race, the sun started to break out of the clouds (too bad i still had my snowboarding jacket on#-o). I then proceeded with my race run and finished in 10th out of the 17 riders in my class.

Overall the weekend/course was fun and i accomplished my goal... "making it through a race without crashing":lol:. Now i know where i stand...and need to improve!

CONGRATS TO ALL THAT RACED THIS WEEKEND!!!:beer:
    AND THANKS TO THE PEOPLE THAT STAYED AND SUPPORTED IN THE RAIN!!!:beer: :beer:

See you guys in 2 weeks.

18. destroyer

destroyer I build jumps

So what's the deal with Division 26 clothing ( http://division26clothing.com )? I went to there site but it's not done yet. Is there anywhere in so cal or online to get there clothes? I want the no hander black shirt.

19. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

Thanks Guys I pinned it there. Next race I will keep the wheels on the ground.
    I think we have the coolest class of old guys. Some times hanging out at the top waiting to race is half of the fun.

I think we have turned Jeff Into an Animal. He is rockin the XC and the DH as well as the Mann's and the Denmotha's Nancy & Roger, Andy Rut and Stephanie and the others that I missed. Much respect to all of them. I always have a great time with the STR family.

That video is cool of Lee once again dominating the 4X. He cant be stopped. And he rides a different bike every time. I think he does that as a handicap so people at least have a chance.
    I heard he once raced with no tires and won.:?:

20. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

As far as I know, you can get them at the races...in two weeks, stop by and talk to Bob Burns or Dale Rowley...super cool guys!! They are getting stuff up and running for the 2008 season, so that may explain the website.