Few pics of our STT/Old Camp/Luge ride 6/12

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by TURNERob, Jun 13, 2005.

1. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    After riding STT last Sunday and seeing what perfect condition the dirt was in we decided to ride it again yesterday. Wow what a difference a week can make. Due to there being so much moisture in the air certain parts of the trail were actually muddy. It made for a slippery ride, but at least the temps were nice and cool. Dino and I met up with mcgrath at Cook's around 9ish. We only went about a half mile or so past the rock jumps then headed back for the Luge. It was mcgrath's first time riding there so hopefully he had a good time. Here are a few pics and some attempts at some "artsy" shots.

2. TURNERob

bum
    A couple more pics:

3. i am dino

i am dino Guest

fun ride indeed. i thought i'd be hurting after going to bed at 2:45am and waking up at 7:45am, but I did alright. :D i was kinda wishing we went further, but it would have been very cold coming down without a jacket or longsleeve jersey. the wetness of the trail along with the overgrowth and misty/cloudy conditions made for a fun ride. we saw quite a few riders coming down the trail, we couldn't figure out why they didnt go down the Luge. don't forget about the freak on the roadbike on Santiago Canyon Road that started preaching to us to listen to 1150AM radio. that guy was a nut!!!

mcgrath seemed to have a good time, he took one for the team by crashing on the bottom portion of the Luge, atta boy! :clap:

4. mcgrath

mcgrath *.*

irrigation designer
    Yep. I slipped/crashed coming down the Luge. It was my first time and now I know why they call it the luge. very cool. Rob, way to go with the pictures. Everything looks very wet. More than I remember. Is that what you were hoping for with the "classic shot through the spokes" picture? Anyhow, I had a great time, thought I did pretty well for the first time and being a 'broken in' beginner. I had a blast. Aching a little today though.

5. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

It might not be artsy but it sure is pretty .

When you start at Whiting Ranch and ride to Old Camp you go back down STT or if you parked at Harding and did Joplin.

6. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Those are some nice pictures. What camera do you use?

7. TURNERob

bum
    It's a Sony DSC-T1.....you know that one in the commercial where the chics are at that restaurant and then Steven Tylor (Aerosmith) walks in and the chics all fumble for their cameras :lol: Anyway I mainly bought it because it is so damn small and is perfect to take on rides. The zoom isn't that great but it is a 5 meg, takes awesome pics, and can take movies with sound. I used the "magnifying glass" setting for a couple of those pics, was surprised how they turned out since it was so dark and foggy.