Ellsworth Joker

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by rjcornelia, Nov 6, 2007.

1. rjcornelia

rjcornelia Iron Pony

hey,

wondering how many of you guys own a joker? just want a little insight from the locals around here with the bike. haven't seen one yet on the trails. i'm really interested in picking up one of these frames around the holidays preferably an 04/05 model.

what price range am i looking at for the frame w/ rear shock, and possibly a fork? complete setup with mid range components? i'm on a limited budget but i do have my current rig and can transfer components and buy the necessary stuff i.e. wheels, disc brakes, then slowly upgrade part by part.

also the '08 fox 36 talas rc2, anyone with this fork? i like the versatility. are there any alternatives that are comparable at a cheaper price?

the bike is extremely versatile, which is why it caught my interest but i do ride trails on the weekdays for the fitness aspect and a little fun. on the weekends i do the epic rides, and the technical stuff that i'm working on to hone my skills. i want a bike that can perform well in both arenas and i would also stick with for awhile.

thanks in advance for any help.:wave: