Does anyone ride...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by badfishgood, Feb 15, 2005.

1. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

I've bought a lot of stuff from the Path too. Which fork do you have? How much was it? How does it perform? Why did you choose those XT cranks -- are they 2005 with the integrated bb?

2. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Dang, JINKS is in the Hot Seat regarding the bike, lol.

All this talk about Hard Tails is making me want to upgrade mine. Anyone got a fork they want to get rid of?

3. JamR

JamR Moderator

Senior Planning & Field Operations Manager
    I have a Duke Race that's not being used. Seal in blown in the right stanchion but this is an easy re-build.

I'll measure the steerer length tonight and will post it here. My steerers are usually cut fairly short since most of my frames are 16.5" to 17.0" and I never run any spacers.

Fork is free for the taking since I have no use for it an longer.

4. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Can you measure the steer tube?
    I am trying to scrounge parts for a new SSpeed for my lady.

Thanks JamR.

Carl

5. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Right on Adam, the bike I'd be putting on has a 16" frame. Does it have v-brake bosses on it?

6. jinks

jinks New Member

Home Page:
    hehe, I guess I am in the hotseat. It's just a bike, dangnabit!! Well, let's see, I have the Fox Float R's, the cheap Fox's as I call them. They work just fine, no problems since having them rebuilt :-k . I had them set at 100mm. They were sent back after I rode a couple times, because the shock was packing down. But they work great now. The cranks are the XT hollowtech ones - integrated bb. I've just had great luck with XT cranksets. I tried a nice Raceface crankset, but the chainrings wore down in a year and a half, so I decided to stick with XT's. I have SRAM x9's for my rear deraileur and shifters. They're awesome - way better than XT's if you ask me. SRAMs have a 1:1 cable pull ratio whereas Shimano has a 2:1, so it takes less cable to shift, which means crisper shifting. It took some getting used to, but I'm loving it. Any more questions? :?: It's just fun to ride.

7. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

hahah -- sorry to put you in the hotseat -- I was just really interested in that bike. I would love to own something like that someday also.

8. JamR

JamR Moderator

Yep

9. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Bueno, when would I be able to pick this up from you? Are you going to ride MS on saturday?

10. JamR

JamR Moderator

I might be. I'm currently scheduled for a full day class on Saturday, but it might get cancelled. I'll know by tomorrow if the class gets cancelled. If so, I'll be out at MS on Saturday and will bring the fork with me.

11. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

i'll join you guys for a saturday ride..what time are you riding adam?

12. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Sounds good. If you can't go Saturday, we'll figure out another time. (what color is it btw)?

13. JamR

JamR Moderator

Class has been cancelled, so I'll be out at MS this Saturday at 8:00 am to start riding by 8:30.

I'll bring the fork with me.

The steerer is 7-5/16" long, the fork is yellow and in great condition. Just needs a seal in the right stanchion is it's ready to ride.

See ya Saturday.

14. chumbaracing

chumbaracing Guest

Man -- I want to ride w/ u guys so bad -- maybe I should just buy a cheapy backup bike.

15. i am dino

i am dino Guest

Thanks Adam, see ya there!!! I have a black Ranger, I was parked behind you last weekend.