Ride Report DH at Fontana

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Zokefan, May 8, 2010.

1. Zokefan

Zokefan New Member

US Army
    Today was my very first time riding at Fontana and I must say I was impressed...and at the same time, disappointed. I really liked the fact that there were both "beginner" and advanced lines. On my first run, I warmed up on one of the beginner lines. It was rather fast and flowy. Then I hit a couple of the advanced lines. I liked that one of the advanced lines dumped me out onto one of the "beginner" lines. I really needed a break after two rock gardens followed by that steep rock wall. Two things that disappointed my was the fact that there is way too much pedalling for the location. The trails feel part DH, part Super D. Also, the fact that one has to HAB for about 20 or so minutes only to ride for about three kinda hurt my motivation to ride more. THAT wore me out. I was done after 5 runs. That area has so much potential...new lines could be cut that would make the trails ALL dh with no pedalling and sooo much more can be built out there, but I doubt that will ever happen. Overall, I had fun, but I was not as impressed as I thought I'd be (maybe because I thought it was going to have a Bootleg Canyon-type feel). After I got home, I looked up a few of the videos on youtube and now am highly motivated to enter the race next weekend!