Danger On Blackstar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cowgirl, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Did

Chris make it?

Why do you need gears on the way down??:?:

2. HELLDOG

HELLDOG New Member

Structural Reinforcement
    To keep up with us on the flatter areas. Chris was a no show.

3. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Chris..

Maybe Art scared him away;)

Roll down to SC on Sunday. We are riding the Single tracks. I even have a New Castle in the fridge for you:beer::bang:

4. HELLDOG

HELLDOG New Member

Structural Reinforcement
    Sladeck and I were thinking San Juan. I am up for anything. I tried to get PC to enjoy a new castle last night with us. Didn't go for it

5. Scutr

Scutr New Member

I'm with DeeZee. I say we put a group together next tuesday and stop in front of Art's place. We can have a candle lighting prayer session. That will would freak his sh*t out. That might freak me out a little too

6. tbowren

tbowren New Member

I've probably ridden blackstar 20 or so times in the last 2 years and I have never seen Art. I keep waiting, expecting, almost hoping ( but not really ), to see some Charles Manson-like character lurking in the bushes.

The thought of booby-traps really scares me, but I agree with Donkey that we can't stop riding there just because he doesn't want us there. Rocks and bumps on the trail are comical annoyances I can deal with, but barb wire choke lines are way out of line. It's horrible to think he would be doing this, but it's even worse thinking there is ANOTHER person out there trying to injure cyclists.

I usually ride there on Saturday's from 7:00am to 9:00 am, and I'm usually alone. Maybe he is asleep at that time? Most of the reports I hear about him occur in the evening.

Everybody be safe.

7. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

Not true.

We did a WS club ride out there one night...probably 15-20 of us. Sat on the wood bridge with his tractor trying to keep us from continuing on.

8. mtnbikej

Didn't deter us.....we all just went around him.:clap:

9. guero

guero iFroth

i'm not encouraging this by anymeans, but i am curious to see what would happen if someone actually stepped up to him and an altercation did occur...

10. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

with this rain now would be a good time to turn his speed humps into a few sweet table top jumps. :lol:

11. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

It's been mentioned that it's a public road. If that's the case, why is there a gate blocking vehicles at both ends?

12. mtnbikej

It is a public road......just not accessible to vehicles.

13. AKmoney

AKmoney Member

Field Application Engineer
    This may be a dumb question but where exactly is his house along the trail? Could any of the geeks here maybe make a Google Maps / Google Earth placemark?

14. Keith B

Keith B Professional Lion Tamer

Legionnaire of Life
    How about we make a sign saying 'lunatic house this way' and leave it outside his drive?Or you know like they had a deck of cards for Desert Storm - well how about we get a picture of Art and leave an Ace of Spades 'Art card' on his doorstep. On the reverse can be an STR clan picture with us all holding paintball guns or something. Then again we could customize some paintballs full of spam and turn his place into a mountain lion feeding zone. OK too much coffee for me.

15. KeepsWhatHappens

KeepsWhatHappens Warriors Society Member

Photographer
    Home Page:
    You can also use (949) 770-6011. This is the sheriff's non-emergency dispatch number for us 949ers.

Plan ahead and be be prepared..program it into your cell phone. Trust me. When you need to call it, you want it on speed dial.

KeepsWhatHappens

You might get a better response is you used "smart people" or "expert" instead of geek.

KeepsWhatHappens

16. Cowgirl

Cowgirl New Member

Own Switchback Cyclery

Believe me there have been plenty of confrontations with Art over the years...he loves to argue and yell ! It doesn't seem to help...he usually just goes back to his house and shoots his gun off to intimidate you...hopefully he is just shooting into the air...it's a bit scarey to say the least when you hear it going off. Just remember you are not dealing with a normal person and take it at that...

17. jake

jake c('.'c)

Here's the Tuttle property. 80 Acres owned by his parents' living trust. 3 parcels of land.
    [​IMG]

18. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I sent this thread to a friend of mine who is an OC sherrif, he told me they are well aware of Mr. Tuttle, but they were unaware of his latest shenigans. He's going to turn it over to the right department. They are very tired of this guy. He also said they have a surprize for Mr. Tuttle in the very near future. He won't elaborate though.

19. UR2KLOS

UR2KLOS Senior Member

There is no doubt that Mr. T has done bad things in the past, and we should certainly be cautious when riding Blackstar, but most of the stuff posted here is second or thirdhand information. No one has actually seen the railroad ties recently. No one has seen the wire strung across the road. It has all been a friend of a friend who saw it.

This would be a more effective thread if people only posted things they saw themselves or at least had some confirmation that something really happened.

20. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Should

be interesting...........